Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. fishstick101

Gotta love the supposed 'logic' of SOE devs.

dev 1: "Hey dev 2, how did the players react to our suggestion to add a killcam?"

dev 2: "Hmmmm lets see......ah, here it is. The reaction was "NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. NEVER. NOT EVER. STOP DUMBING DOWN THE GAME. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD IN SPACE, I WANT TO PLAY PS2. NO KILLCAM. NO MAP THAT SHOWS EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE AND MIGHT AS WELL BE A KILLCAM. WHAT IS IT WITH YOUR LOVE AFFAIR WITH COD AND OTHER 'DUMB IT DOWN FOR THE KIDDIES' FPS'S? WE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY THAT. A KILLCAM ADDS NOTHING AND SUBTRACTS MANY THINGS. THIS IS A TACTICAL SHOOTER, NOT TDM. KILLCAMS SUCK. WE DONT NEED IT. WE DONT WANT IT. NO, NO, NO."

dev 1: "....."

dev 2: "Yeah....."

dev 1: "Do you think they'll change their minds if we just sort of....put it in anyway?"
    • Up x 6
  2. Uhgg

So my outfit and I liberate ALOT, like its most of what we do, and I have to say the changes are great, at least for people in the air, but Liberators were already hard enough to take down, so I think these updates were rather unfair to anyone on the ground. I'm not complaining since I liberate so much, but this definately made the game unbalanced in the liberator's favor. Someone on page 1 pointed out how many hits it would take with a tank to kill these things with the comp armor... its excessive... but i do think that comp armor should resist more than just flak.
    Props for the tail gun 360 degree view change though. That should have been a thing since the start.
    Also loving the hyenas. The duster could use some work though. You have to be at point blank before itll do anything.
  3. H4YW1R3

Glad I let my subscription go. I quit about a month after launch due to the game being an air superiority game. Friend talked me into trying P2 again a little over three months ago because they said it wasn't as bad any more. I tried it and found it fairly balanced. But since, P2 has been moving hard back into air superiority again.

Anti-Air lock ranges have been reduced so that it's way too easy for air to farm and get out of range before you have a chance to do anything about it, as if it weren't easy enough to begin with. Hell, they don't even have to get out of range. It's easy enough to farm outside range of target lock.

Then they nerf the missiles themselves, so that they fly into every obstacle in sight before they come anywhere near an aircraft. Having to hold locks means no reloading, so you can't even get a second lock, let alone launch unless the pilot just doesn't give a ****.

Meanwhile, ESF's and Libs get buffed to no end. I'm just not interested in being farmed from the air. And if I wanted to pilot 90 percent of my game time, I'd rather just play some War Thunder.
    • Up x 1
  4. ZephyrBurst

Then stop using lock-ons, or stop using them solo and expect to take down the lib. Seriously, there is so much AA in this game, there's tons of options for it in every faction.
  5. DandaNgsan

I really hope they remove the mini map from the death screen before the month is over. If not then I'm going to cancel my sub and never going to give a dollar to soe again. This is what they did to swg and now its happening to PS2. SOE has a history of starting games up then shutting them down. I don't think PS2 can move forward with the current creative directer and president. This game has been swged.
    • Up x 1
  6. DandaNgsan

Whos J smeds boss thats who we all need to write to.
    http://www.sony.com/SCA/who-we-are/leadershipteam/overview.shtml
    • Up x 1
  7. spacesheep

Why does everyone always complain so much?

Every time there is a change, even one that doesn't really matter everyone immediately decides that SOE has "ruined the entire game". THE DEATH SCREEN MATTERS VERY LITTLE. The minimap directional view only really matters if the player looks at it, then decides to go hunting whoever shot them and a smart player could actually use this to their advantage by laying mines or miss directing players into looking for them where they used to be, then ambushing them. Instead of immediately hopping on the complain train try to work with the game mechanics instead of just shouting about them.

Also, liberator composite armor defending against tanks? WHO CARES? yes, its nice to kill a lib with a well placed HEAT round, but are tank main battle cannons designed to be used against aircraft? not really. That is what the secondary gun is for. Also as someone who has spent a fair amount of time in a liberator, they are not a real threat to zergs except in large numbers. Both dual burster maxes and skyguards are highly effective at dealing with single liberators. Planetside 2 is not a game of 1v1s, it's a game of 100v100. Yes, Liberators kill tanks but that is also their job. If Liberators didn't kill tanks they wouldn't be useful. Find answers not problems, and work with the game instead of calling for changes. If air is really such a problem, find a group of people, get a squad together and pull AA weapons. Don't expect to take on the world alone and win, in planetside that only gets you killed.
    • Up x 4
  8. Morgothic

Psst, SOE.

Contrary to popular belief players dont enjoy editing thier loadouts. You obviously seem to think so.
    • Up x 1
  9. RuthlessMoose

The death screen is only meant to help newer players understand their surroundings. I can only say that new players must get tunnel vision when they first play Planetside 2 and trust me, I certainly did as I was in awe with thousands of bullets and rockets flying to and fro each of the opposing frontal assaults...

Each time I die, before I even look at the death screen I know approximately where I was shot from. Besides, the time you've examined the death screen, the chances are that the fight has moved a little due to the fast paced nature of the game.

It's all cosmetic for those who are interested, and for those who aren't interested - well - what are you waiting for? Get your **** in gear and continue fighting!
    • Up x 1
  10. Marcmol

Well then I´m sorry for that. Hope the problem can be found and fixed
  11. Nikademus

most people don't like the new death screen, personally I like it, I just wish I didn't have to hit a key and that a mouse click would count.

Other than the ******** that is the invuln exploit this patch isn't horrible, just not great either.

Everyone that exploits the invuln bug should have ALL certs earned that session removed and the account should be banned for a month. I have had that happen to me and soon as I noticed I redeployed and lost it. That and people shooting me through walls WELL after I have turned a corner is ********, but that is ALMOST always lag/latency issues.
  12. Nikademus

really? you are really that ******** over a deathscreen? Don't like it, hit a button and skip past it and get back into the fight. You should be more upset about the invuln bugs that got introduced and have yet to be fixed or the players that are exploiting them have YET to be disciplined.

Personally all they would need to do to resolve the "DeathScreen" issue is give people an option in settings to enable or disable. My ONLY complaint is that you have to click a keyboard button instead of just clicking the mouse.
  13. Egoza

Liberator Update this stupid . Five people can't shoot down a plane . Doubt as to the competence of the persons responsible for game balance.
  14. Simferion

I didn't still got the quiz for 4 out of my 6 characters.
    Connected with all my characters and only the last one (except the one which got the quiz yet) had that possibility.
  15. TheChris

Its unplayable for me since the last Patch.
    I have Loadingfreezes like hell. (sometimes around 1 minute) and the loadingtime has been increased.

sometimes i get stuck at loadingscreen.

The HDD is Nearly Empty (My second Drive 178GB are Free Space) so i dont think its my HDD
  16. equinub

My Death Screen, Location Helios Solar Inc, Spawn Tube.

Method of death, instant 100% "out of bounds area" like damage.

Top bug SoE.

Good aim BR0..

http://imgur.com/CrdDYWQ
  17. VeryCoolMiller

They only buff libs received has been against tanks (flak armor) and ESF (hyena).

Libs for infantry are exaclty the same as before.
  18. equinub

Maxed Shredder is now best overall weapon for liberator.

Dalton infantry 1000-700 DMG nerf has hurt, gone from 2 splash kill to 3 average.
  19. DDJoe