Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. PastalavistaBB

Showing the Direction of your killer and information about his weapon and attachments in the Death Screen is a no no for me and especially for Infiltrators.(I tracked down Infiltrators that killed me according to the look of their weapons and attachments in the death screen. No need to make it easier.) We learned this game the hard way, no need to give new players one more crutch. They already got a ton of free stuff nobody got before them. (Shotguns, Carbines, LMGs, first rank of many abilities, an XP Booster.)

Libs are getting an insane buff while AA gets nerfed. (Especially the Lightning = Skyguard) I'm not sure if SOE remembers the 7/24 Lib Farming days at launch. It'll be near impossible to destroy Libs from the Ground. (Even if you are in an Anchored Prowler or AP Vanguard and have the elevation to get a shot, there's no way you'll get enough hits before the Lib destroys your tank) You'll need multiple ESFs. And honestly, no mediocre ESF Pilot will bother to kill a Lib, because he is very likely to be instagibbed by the Dalton. Not to say that pulling a tank will be outright suicide. I'm really curious about when there'll be a Tank Update/Refresh.

And last but not least: SINCE YOU ARE MAKING THE LIBERATOR THE MAIN GROUNDFARMING AIRCRAFT, CAN YOU PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE REMOVE THE A2G WEAPONS FROM ESFS ALREADY? So that they'll stop groundpounding and become the Predator of Libs and Galaxies.

The new Liberator will be the new Pre-Nerf Harasser. Start designing new Lib Cosmetics...
    • Up x 21
  2. MurderBunneh

LOL People in a rage because it might be a little harder to farm new players.

This changes nothing really for veteran players.
    • Up x 2
  3. Richardsonnn

[IMG]
    • Up x 15
  4. DDJoe

RAGE, c'est pas cool, comment vas t 'on faire nous les snipers, à la première balle dans la tête de quelqun, faudra qu'on s'attende à un joli coup de cut par derrière, sniff :(
  5. Brandmon

INB4 "LIBERATORS AND NEWBIES ARE OP, PLS NERF"

Me, on the other hand, am looking forward to the changes. Liberators now become a menace that should not be ignored, yet cannot be simply eliminated by the approach of just a single ESF. Also a vague minimap indication =/= killcam. I'm all for changes that discourage sedentary farming.
    • Up x 1
  6. ncDieseL

Can you explain this please, specifically what the changes to Lightnings are? It says "While on the other side the Lightning was too resilient against this type of damage" but then there are no details of what has been changed with regard to the Lightning??
  7. Elrohur

4 Vanguard AP rounds really ?
    And 2 decimators hit aren't enough anymore.

Not like it was a pain to hit a Lib with those weapons. We're going to be totally tossed by liberator :(
    • Up x 5
  8. ncDieseL

ESFs or suicide stealth Galaxy. I did that the other night, poor TR Lib crew didn't see it coming. If I had been LA I could have ejected and survived.
  9. PastalavistaBB

Expect more "surprise buttsecks" from Wraith/Fury Infiltrator Teams on Flashes when you are in a Lightning. (Especially Skyguard)
    • Up x 5
  10. focart

Spawn libi and swim in certs
    • Up x 3
  11. kadney

From the PTS forum:
  12. Loeffel

Sorry dude - This has nothing to do with farming. This is just another SOE try to close the gap between noobies and aces. But why I should be happy about it? I've earned my skill in many, even frustrating hours... And now? We have a stupid kill cam like in bloody Call of Duty...

As i montioned befor - this just leads to self justice! Everyone is looking for his nemesis (like "****** I'll get him!") and stop working as a team. This is human nature!

But what really hurts me is the fact that this Patch was just about 2 days on the PTS an today it comes live. SOE didnt listend to any feedback or took time to change things or give us time to test things more intens.
    • Up x 5
  13. Elrohur

Not much left to do I guess.
    Why do I feel those changes aren't for the good at all ?
    • Up x 2
  14. ibaragi

death cam, add liberator wepons are good. But I think, changing liberator's stats is too quickly. Do they break game balance?
  15. Sixty

TR gun sound makeover included?
    • Up x 1
  16. customer548

Why did they decided to realease this kill cam? It'll only bring a zerg on your face as soon as you'll try to be a bit more clever than your opponents. And all people will now have the same equipment and attachement. Choosing his weapon,armors and attachements depending on the situation was such a great thing.
    • Up x 8
  17. Loeffel

In my view there is just one problem... 90% of A2G ESF pilots arent reliable in A2A combat. They just take Rocketpods because it is so easy to hunt down groundtargets with it. If you fight them A2A - probably 50% of them will crash into terrain or someone else, 30% will try to escape and 20% will fight you and at least 5 to 10% are reliable pilots.
    So its not a bad idea at all ( but I like to give close air support as well so I dont support your idea at all ;) ) but you probably will achieve that there will be less ESF at all. Just those A2A pilots will continue to hunt down Libs and Gals.
  18. iPlague

Can we have a anti liberator weapon for ESFs soon? It's a feat of it own if a good ESF pilot took out a good Lib Pilot.
    • Up x 1
  19. D-Spirith

Logged in just to like this post. Thank you, i laughed.
    • Up x 1
  20. wickedhell3

Uhm..... yeah where do we start:

lib changes: bad
    why: an aircraft that is meant as bombard tool (high burst dmg high health low armor) has been turned in a overall death machine that can survive whatever is hitting him(in the right hands) + the fact to burn out like mad when it gets to tough now (1,5 afterburner to 3 sec afterburner )
    SOE please remember its a plane not a flying MBT!

death screen: bad
    why: we already have enough information available when getting killed + the fact you can now see the direction on a map with a straight line towards you makes being a sniper useless.
    second of all is the thing when you can see the enemy's stats. The moment you implement this makes the game all about who is better in overall and not before mention the ranting you get after killing that person. (we all had it once or twice)
    • Up x 10