Miller v Woodman v Cobalt\Ceres on PTR - It's On!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulysees, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Ulysees

Personally I'd rather we have a week to get this sorted properly and we already have a Miller server event planned for the Saturday 10-8. More time means more publicity and you can get your outfits geared up, plus Miller will fill a whole faction if all attend who say they will (I am having to limit outfits to only beinging a maximum of 1 platoon as it is and this might even need to be shrunk more once I get some idea of attendance back).

If we do this while Hossin is still brand spanking new no way we will get as many people on as we would if the shine has worn off slightly by waiting a little longer. Much rather we do this properly than just do a rush job and if we have to wait longer than the 10th that is not really an issue we just need to get the date set I am sure that the enthusiasm from all the servers won't die out and there will be a lot of anticpiation because lets face it this is not going to happen often if ever again that PS2 servers organise to take each other on.
    • Up x 1
  2. freeze

I agree with ulysees.... do it properly instead of rushing out a ****** event
  3. LordMondando

Agree totally with Uly.

If anything attendance will be lower, if its rushed through tomorrow. I for one cannot make it, DL's generally turn out is likely to be low and I know a lot of people who will balk at downloading the entire test client at the drop of a hat. Saturday, on miller also is traditionally a slow night, unless events are publisied well in advance. What can I say I don't know about the other EU servers, but generally people tend to spend Saturday night away from the PC more than not.

I suggest next sunday. 1pm GMT as a far more practical time.
  4. Ganelon

I'll have to talk to Itzhaki, but he seems to be set on this Sunday (just got word in).
  5. LordMondando

Well he might have to be unset. Because, whilst I'd like it this sunday also, im telling you now. Going to struggle with the numbers for miller without a weeks notice. I would be extremely suprised if that was not the case for a huge number of people on other servers as well. It comes down to the fact that people have lives and don't just sit idle all weekend and the fact that for some people the download is a large issue and extremely time consuming.

As someone with experience organizing events on the test server, trust me, rush this and **** it up, people will not show for round 2.

There's also as far as I can see, little real reason to rush. Hossin is not going to be off the PTS for a while yet.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pella

Doing it tonight will be the best for everyone.

Otherwise, its going to be all bogged down by armchair generals. And their master plan.

Log on, TR/NC on PTS. Join outfit. And go kick some ***. No need for all this organisation for weeks.
  7. Arch

Give it a week to organise. 90% of my guys work and have families and to do this at such short notice wil mean less than half will show up. If other outfits are in a similar position we will have a low turnout, and it won't be anywhere near as epic as it could be.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mastachief

Ooo easy mode engaged.
  9. MajorZbug

Sunday 11th would be much better. We don't even know which faction we have yet. Need to cert characters, farm BR10 for leaders, etc.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ostekake

BMC is in and TS details on pm please
  11. BaptistsK90

I'd say please don't rush this, the 11th would give us time to do this right, and if it's going to be done that's the only way it should be.
    • Up x 2
  12. Justicia

Let's just do it this Sunday 4 August. Tonight and whole tomorrow to download the PTS/patch and to level to BR10, that's all you need.
  13. BaptistsK90

What about getting the word out to my Outfit, getting the ducklings in order, getting them all to download the PTS!
  14. Mastachief

No the 4th is too soon already have events scheduled.
  15. MajorZbug

After a very quick discussion basically 75% of attendees are dropping off if it's sunday 4th. I mean you can do what you want, but that would be sad.
    • Up x 2
  16. Mastachief

Pretty much this.
  17. Ganelon

Talked to Itzhaki, claims that some guys from Miller wanted to do it this Sunday, but he agreed to do it next Sunday instead.
  18. MrKoronas

Hey now before we go changing major time's can we at least discuss this with the people as changes have been made without confronting people.
  19. LordMondando

No if you run events on friday. Like a sizable amount of outfits do.

What the **** is that supposed to mean pella?

Simple counter point, not everyone even has the test client downloaded. Not everyone is capable of downloading it quickly.
  20. Leks

It's a good news! But the time is the same - why it'll start at such late evening? It's just 23:00 for Russian outfits.