Battle Flow System - No Tactic anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMan21, May 25, 2013.

1. Macchus

the funny thing is people left ps1 because of poor implementaition of the lattice . the lattice ps1 vets are remebering is not the ps2 lattice , far from it . but it is similar to the lattice, in some small aspects that was initially introduced with ps1
    • Up x 1
  2. T-G-K

This is the dumbest thread i've seen from the HEX fanboys. No more tactics???? REALLY?

At least claiming the strategy is hampered is actually somewhat valid.
    • Up x 2
  3. Quickscope

These threads make me lose IQ. Capping territory in the game is pointless. We play this game for large battles since we can"t get that anywhere else. If you are playing it for any other reason go home you are drunk.
    • Up x 1
  4. T-G-K

Then you reach the tactical portion of the battle, If you have a squad leader worth his salt and an entire squad completely organized and responsive there isn't a situation you can't overcome.

It will require a good level of skill, a small dose of luck, and a great deal of organization.

The most organized, most tactically sound, and the most skilled squads ALWAYS succeed, however large or numorous the opposing squad/squads are.
  5. Paisty

Great pep talk coach!

But the lettuce sucks and this is not PS1, or it's lattice system. Why do people not see that?

Intercontinental lattice system? actually sounds interesting to me.

Energy runs for bases and the mechanics described? interesting.

But I would need to try them myself. The thing is these things are a completely different game, the new game would just use the same art and engine with modifications.

The 1 to 1.5 years it will take SOE(this is not a dig, there would be alot of work) to add 2 maybe 3 more continents + refurbish Esimar and Amerish? I will not be hanging around with the constant simplifying of the game, I prefer challenges in game, not repetition.
    • Up x 2
  6. Lexicon

/thread

/game

Seriously, it's hilarious how people like to think they are being tactical when in reality, they are avoiding fights. Tactical ghost capping; an oxymoron and their mantra.
  7. T-G-K

Yes, it's not PS1, or it's lattice system. It's more of a work in progress. It's not nearly as good as it should be now and I completely understand.

We should let them finish it before we get so critical of it. The game is still there we just have to get used to the holes till they get filled in.

It's just the fact that simple people complain that there is no possibility of strategy or tactics anymore because of it is really pathetic.

Shows me just how much people really are not that good at games like this..

Just stick with CoD please.
  8. Macchus

its hilarious how you think that the lattice changed anything . and stop falling back on ghostcapping . that is not the issue . they were removing that regardless of the lattice . ghostcapping is actually the mantra of the pro lattice guys .

someone doesnt like the lattice ?
    oh ghostcapping dood l2p .

pos:rolleyes: t fail ...
  9. Macchus

lol

terrible thread insulting other people , with no actual constructive content .

nice job cool guy :confused:

somebody doesnt like the lattice ...
    lol go to CoD dood l2p .

failure at its finest right there .
  10. HMR85

So if its not ghost capping its a skill gap that is the problem since you can't seem to find a way to overcome the zerg and make tactically sound decisions. Pick one or the other.
  11. Paisty

Speaking of simple............

So to be clear, your saying?

Hang out until SOE spends a year or more working on the lettuce, while it's tested on Live. Then I will find PS2 has something resembling depth.

I agree it was not very deep with the influence system(not sure "depth" should even be used for either system), but influence+hex looks really deep compared to what we have now.
  12. T-G-K

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but they can simply fix that by making a lot more connections with the lattice system. There are quite a few bases that should be connected according to the roads and ease of access.
  13. 660/12

If you run mindlessly with the zerg and always attack frontally, of course tactics are diminished. If you think creatively you can do a lot.

E.G: drop-podding onto the turret level of a tech plant. Clearing it, hacking it, and using the turrets on the enemy. My unit did this yesterday with about 14 guys in the face of platoons. It worked, we gave a huge assist to the groundling zergs, and capped the base.

E.G. gal-dropping onto a high point and stopping an armor column cold as it tries to push the next point in the lattice. One squad can do this with a little coordination. And tie down multiple platoons.(as an aside, armor columns in the SE area of Indar are NOT a smart move, tactically.)

E.G. moving past enemy lines, hacking out sunderers and prepping bases for the next assault.

I like the lattice because these actions have strategic implications now. With the hex system, the map was too fluid. In ten minutes, all of a units' previous actions have been erased by a dude in a mossie.
    • Up x 1
  14. 660/12

IMO each major base needs more pathways in to start a cap. NEVER should an assault on a major base be limited to one choke point.

I also think that one or two non-lattice/ghost-cappable bases should be included in each empire's "home Turf." just to keep things interesting.
  15. r1stormrider

new day of lattice. guess what? everybody still on indar since patch day! once again people continue to enjoy the lattice system, everybody has been having a blast. we're all looking forward to what else they are going to be bringing to the table in furthering the plan to make ps2 a better war. hex system had its chance, it failed.
  16. queue

and that just proves my point.
  17. Moises J.Ramos

Yes. I also hear talks of "Bleeding population" on PS2. Is not because of the lattice. Is because
    BFinfested like Gameplay (Is okay, but gets boring after a while)
    No customization like in PS1. You know certifying on various things. Not this "Cert for Hacking only for 150 certs or 2500 SC" (Exaggeration)

PS1. Might not have great gunplay like PS2, but it stills plays better in many other things.

Bases had underground"Kinda tunnels" where you had to fight, and get inside their terminal to hack it. None of this stand, and cap in the open.

Bases had walls, and doors that people needed to hack.

Did I mention it release with all continents, and a good metagame?

ANTS for recharging bases that would run out of energy

Bigger map( To me it feels Planetside feels bigger for some reason in Planetside 2 it might be big, but it just feels wrong)

Voicecoms animations?. I think saying "Hail" actually meant that the character move his hand in a salute manner..

Entering, and Exiting vehicles animations.

Sanctuaries
  18. R-A-B

Enemy? You talk as if there is a unified general. All your trying to force is people to leave the big fights to defend areas being captured because a small unit of men decided that they would capture a nearby territory.

This is why lattice has a clear majority support. People were fed up of being penalized in the meta game of continent capture because they wanted to participate in the large fights that were the selling point of the game.
  19. Mormomboy

Wow, so many choices i can zerg in front of them or behind. Amazing. Oh wait I could do that before, except is was called I do what I want.

That only last half a second if they even have one brain cell, zerg turns around. Wipes you out and continues in the direction they were going. Yay the zerg went another way for a full minute.

I dont understand why this update is neccesary. We already had tons of zerg before. We did not need that to get forced upon us. Now it is about the only option.

What is wrong with ghost capping? You all whine about it so bad but I dont see a huge problem. It means that 2 guys can go counter do that. There is always some one willing to do it. Heck ghost capping and counter ghost capping in small groups was one of my favorite things to do.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tilen

Hahahaha, whatever.