Parallax should 1-hit headshot players w/nanoweave

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Vikarius

Try reading your sig, cuz you are doing it right now.
    I fixed what you said for accuracy so you don't sound so completely ignorant.

A weapon that has a sub 1s TTK will ALWAYS kill faster then a 1 hitKO sniper rifle. That is also not even accounting for bolting the next round or bullet travel time.
    If it were up to me, there would be at least 1 bolt action in the game, maybe NS, that 1 hit ko any class any player, nanoweave or not, HA shield or not with a shot to the head AND upper torso. This rifle would also be clearly inferior in close quarters to prevent quick scoping as well have longer bolt/reload time over other rifles.

I don't think you have any idea how much skill it takes to get a headshot on targets now at long range. Lets say you forget the inexcusable hit detection issues that get worse every patch (bullets doing through targets including their head), there are so many time where the target can just tap any movement key and the shot misses the head. Or how about when you see the shot hit the head but it acts like you hit the shoulder or something? Have you even attempted to get a headshot on a moving target at like 200-300m?

Semi sniper rifles might have a low skill floor, but bolt actions have a skill floor and ceiling that supercedes any SMG, Carbine, LMG, shotgun, AR, rocket launcher or nade launcher.
  2. Aztecoatl

Parallax is not the strongest weapon in game . Its the strongest for the Vanu , like the RAM-50 for TR and the Longshot for NC .

And really ? From 2000 players you hit the one with NW Armor and you start complaining ?
    Here's a tip . Don't shoot at lone wolfs . Shoot where the fight is going , at the pack . Higher chance to hit some one who is already missing some points from either Shield or HP :)
  3. Vikarius

Thats not the point. Those 3 bolt actions were added for and designed for causing a 1 hit kill headshot on full nanoweave targets.
    So people bought them for the purpose they were designed for, and they are no longer working as designed.
  4. jm20

Everyone uses flak, don't cry about the one guy you found wearing NW5
  5. Bill Hicks

Yes, because everyone you shoot always have max health and shields...................
  6. Bill Hicks

What ? no there weren't. Bolt actions were supposed to kill people who didnt go for flak armor. You shot at someone who has full health and full shields. Also are you fighting in a BATTLE. That means you are assisting other snipers and players. There have been many times when I was killed bya sniper after I got shot by someone else. ITS CALLED TEAMWORK.
  7. Fenrisk

Way to miss the point. Sniper riles are designed to be 1 shot kills to the head. It's their classic trait.

BTW Sticking near the zerg does not fix that issue as the best thing to do in a zerg is jump in a tank and get massive amounts of kills from spam attacking infantry. Sniping from 300m and having to deal with bullet drop and buggy hit detection will never ever get you that amount of kills or help your squad much. Infiltrators NEED to be deadly at something in a squad. Currently they are gimped infantry with a nerfed version of the sniper rifle.
  8. Bill Hicks

WRONG ALL ALL WEAPONS ARE SIDEGRADES
  9. Fenrisk

Wrong. Some weapons do more damage per shot then others.
  10. Bill Hicks

Why are you shooting from 300m away? are you one of the hill snipers who get 1 kill per minute on random spot on the map far away from any real battle?

"Infiltrators NEED to be deadly at something in a squad" what? you kidding? you can assist your squad in killing very easily, you can hack a turret and shoot the enemy from behind while your squad takes down a generator, or hack a terminal so your whole squad can run around in tanks. You can sneak behind a enemy ambush point and mow them down with a smg. You kids have no imagination, you turn the INFILTRATOR into a hill sniper.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bill Hicks

not too bright are you? you gain power at a loss of something else. 1000 dmg bullet ROF: .50 500 dmg bullet ROF: 1.0
    • Up x 1
  12. Sheherazade

Just to do the math here:

Health of infantry:

1000 (500 shield 500 life)
    + maximum nanoweave = 1225

Parallax Damage

I couldn't find the headshot multiplier but it has to be either 150% or 200%

If its 200% then it would be 1600 damage...Bolt Action has no known damage falloff...thus it should ALWAYS OHK unless the enemy is a HA with active shield

If its 150% then it would be 1200 damage in which case everyone except infiltrators could survive a bolt headshot with nano 5

If the multi is 200% (need proof please) then the Para should always kill and either your aim sucks or something is buggy.

If the multi is 150% then it sucks to have a rifle that only has 1 shot before you need to get out of scope but cant oneshot anything other than infiltrators once people all buy their nanoweave 5s
  13. Phazaar

Maybe the first TR bolt action is less than 1000 certs? As far as I'm aware, NC only have the 1000 cert options. Regardless, no, you get that rifle for its 650m/s projectile velocity (and thus nigh-non-existent bullet drop).

It's still great even if you don't get the headshot. You can now put your follow up shot into them, and if they haven't covered in the 1.5 seconds it takes you to chamber your next shot, you don't even need to aim; a body/leg shot will see them dead. Seems fair to me. Counter is as counter does.
  14. Duvenel

Sniper rifles have a multiplier of 1.5 for HSs. Also step back a page or so, someone pretty succinctly gives reasons for the highest damage tier bolt actions not being able to OHK a player with Nanoweave 5.
  15. Sheherazade

Well if Nanoweave 5 is a balancing tool to stop OHK's then I wonder why the bolters are the only ones that are so negatively affected.

The Pump actions do 1430 damage close range (NON headshot) and thus nanoweave 5 is absolutely no balancing tool there.... (Specially if that Pump action is Slugged and you headshot there is simply no way you can survive it even after 20+ meters)

It's just some random *** inconsistent developing of the game trying to please everyone while screwing some people over.

Because let's face it...people actually believing that everyone certs anti explosive armor instead of nanoweave is blind nonsense.

General idea of the zerg is that HEALTH is the big factor so most people will go for nanos....so noobs will counter snipers by default :<
  16. Fenrisk

Hack what turrets? The tanks zerg blows them all up on entering a area and AA guns have such a limited fire range in them battles that your wasting your time by bothering with one. Thats also highly situration dependant. Good luck hacking anything near the zerg fest when the lattice system gets put in and your forced to fight with the zerg, not to mention smg vs shotgun users, shotguns win almost every time with their 1 shot kills. (infils are stuck with smgs vs the shotgun crowd of gankage)

Have you ever tried infiltrator? Your cloak is clearly visible as soon as you move. The only time it works is if your completely still and crouched. You can't sneak past a blind man. Light infantry are far better at sneaking past troops then infiltrators due to jet packing to high points no one else can access or see us from.

Infils abilities are just gimmicks that rarely pay off if at all.

If you want to be sneaky go light infantry, if you want long distance mass killing roll a tank, if you want to to deal with turrets or consoles blow em up and when it comes to hacking it will be useless when the new base attacking system gets added.

Not to bright are you? The whole point he was talking about is 1 shot kills. The topic has NOTHING to do with what other weaknesses the rifle has. We are talking about buying the highest damage rifle per shot to perform 1 shot kills through head shots and how currently its not doing that. If you buy a rifle for the damage per shot then you expect it to do its job. The other weaknesses don't bloody matter.
    • Up x 2
  17. orionite

I have personally not encountered anyone that i couldn't ohk with the Parallax (or any other rifle), but maybe I just thought i had aimed too low.
    Anyway, what I do find strange is that the Sniper - the one guy whose role is defined by being able to take out an enemy with one well aimed shot - does not have a weapon that can guarantee this. Whereas tanks, rocketplatforms, any other infantry (pump action shotgun!) class do. If you want something to counter weak sniper rifle add a special helmet protection cert, not something that protects you against everything.
    • Up x 1
  18. Uzii

Too many assumptions in this thread. There is still a lot of mystery around NW 1-5 and headshots at certain ranges:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/infiltrator-science-headshots-nanoweave.69344/
    Although old, the values are mostly relevant. I believe it is agreed that there is damage falloff for sniper rifles, but where it begins is a big grey area, along with how much the damage is actually reduced.

And for the record, I have NW5 on my Engineer, and I have been killed by Sniper rifles in one hit, so range must matter. Also, to the people who say NW is useless, and say it only allows one more bullet, I pity you.
  19. FateJH

Definition of a sidegrade.
    Also, why did you spend 1000 certs on a sniper rifle anyway? Since you suggest purchasing it for damage output, the Parallax is only one grade more damaging than Orbit (which is insignificant), and the Orbit has much faster reloading and is one-tenth the cost.
    It sounds like a terrible purchase, unless the Orbit has such recoil that it's impractical as a sniper rifle and should be used for warning shots.
  20. Fenrisk

To a sniper damage per shot is the most important stat as after you get the first shot off your target will run for cover. If you don't kill on the first shot it vastly reduces your chance of killing your target as you have blown your cover and your target will be running or hidden by the time you can fire off a second.

Reload time is the most unimportant stat for a sniper due to the fact once you get down to reloading your gun your target is long dead or hidden from you. Hell im glady have a 30 second long reload time if it ment greater damage per hit.