Parallax should 1-hit headshot players w/nanoweave

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Teegeeack

Nanoweave 3 protects you at a distance of 100 metres. At that distance, frankly, a sniper may as well just bring the semi-auto and land two body shots. At least then he's guaranteed a kill.
  2. Hoki

Correct.

Now everyone get a NW5 HA with resist shield and spray full auto ADS with an LMG.

Its the epitome of elite skill.
  3. tenzenator

lvl 3NW and you survive parallax, longshot, rams50 headshot, wtf is this ******** SOE? seems like now snipers going now for assists only?
  4. mpal

If the sniper is not in fall off, you can be one shotted by the rams .50, parallax, and the NC one. Even with nanoweave 5 and full shields.

Source: my heavy has nano 5 because flak is for *******.
  5. Muhdic

This.
    Also, I and many others use Flak because it offers much more protection than nanoweave.
    Flak all the way.
  6. PhilDun

I'd say 9/10 NC users using Phoenix use Nanoweave.

Most engineers use it when manning a turret.

So basically, the people who SHOULD be the ones getting sniped, have immunity.

And don't give me the ******** about "just line up a second shot." Good luck hitting the target within 3 seconds, when you're out of breath and your reticule is swaying all over the place
  7. Vaphell

update:
    so the news is that Nanoweave gives 2x the advertised value, which means NW5 is not +125 but +250hp
    One thing is clear - according to advertised numbers bolt actions are supposed to 100% OHK everybody except NW5 at long ranges (1125>1100) and the current situation is Infs being screwed by yet another bug.
    If the bugzored double bonus of NW is here to stay, assuming the intended relation is preserved, bolt actions should get their min dmg bumped to at least 600 to counter the unexpected +125 hp (1125<1100 becomes 1250<1200). The nonsense of NW2+ countering sniper rifles needs to stop.
  8. randalthorr

My palms should 1-hit headshot your face.
    kthxbai
  9. PhilDun

Amazing that after hundreds of posts on these forums by dozens of people, a player (and not a developer) discovered the issue.
  10. Vaphell

i too am amazed that devs don't know their own game and that all these competitive min-maxers didn't reverse engineer the numbers for 6 months.
    Either way the mainstream hypothesis we had among infs (weird headshot multiplier picked by hand to make things happen at different levels of NW) still couldn't explain why INF survives at NW5 but NW1 on other classes doesnt work despite higher nominal hp pool (1025 > 1050?). Going back to the drawing board - what if the HS multiplier is 2, min headshot dmg is 1100 and the NW is applied not to health but to health+shield? After all it wouldn't be the first time description of an item in PS2 spreads lies. Suddenly numbers make sense and match observations.
    I posted that hypothesis in the gameplay bugs forum and two guys did some tests - it appears i was sort of right. The end result is roughly the same even though the shield is constant 400/500. It's the health pool that gets the NW bonus twice.
    details:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...her-than-50-meters.118608/page-5#post-1686065