[TOOL RELEASE] ps2ls (Planetside Tools)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gelnika, Nov 27, 2012.

1. KraggTheGrim

Some of that stuff could have been removed from the game. Just like Engineers used to have a Mana Turret that was AV.
  2. Koadster

I thought that too but the SMG being revealed as content sorta re-enforces the high chances it will be there.. Plus why add cut content to the client, Could cut down 500mg-1gig of space then so Im hoping it will be real. The AV mana turret being missle launchers makes sense so further enforces its future content already there waiting.
  3. KraggTheGrim

Well here is to hopping :). Watching this thread closely. So much good info coming out of it.
  4. Sir Kane

Never used Maya or its SDK, I'm not sure it would be worth getting/learning for this. Might instead try to make an extra tool that converts to .fbx or something.

Weights semi work, there's a lot of special cases to handle, such as vehicles storing the bone index in the fourth component of the binormal instead of having dedicated weight/index inputs. Will have to figure out which materials' shaders use bones without the input layout containing weights/indices.

Rigs/skeletons will be automatically imported when importing .adr (these files reference the actual rig files).
  5. deathflail

Nice going Sir Kane.. I'd love to play around with that importer. You should see if Gelnika wouldn't mind some help with his wiki.
  6. Sir Kane

• Up x 1
  7. BLEURRRRGH

8. Treadstone01

I appreciate the work being done here, this is the sort of stuff I did to BF2 back in high school. xD

I came looking for this because I want to extract the music files, was wondering if anyone has identified the string associated to the menu and gameplay music files. I see most of the audio files are prefixed dx_soldier_#faction.

Edit: as a side note I noticed: the function "sort by x" doesnt seem to carry when selecting between packs and has to be refreshed each time a pack is selected, this is unlike the search bar which retains its function regardless of your selecting a pack. how complex is it to mirror
  9. pucwyczes

I would love to see actual ESFs hitbox sizes
  10. Gelnika

Gentlemen!

ps2ls v1.2.0.133 has been released. It now allows you export models with UV coordinates. The rendering aspect within ps2ls is not quite there, I've been focusing more on the exporting since that's what people care about. :p

[IMG]

(Yes, that's a rail gun on the Vanguard!)

http://code.google.com/p/ps2ls/downloads/list

Me and SirKane have been working on this quite extensively, I've been playing catch up though as he's figured out much more than I ever could on my own. So just know that the only reason the UVs are in ps2ls is because of SirKane! :p
  11. Gelnika

Sorry, image above is broken and I can't edit my post for some reason.

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  12. DrCal

Thank you very much indeed for this. Good job!

I especially like the function that exports a package, i.e. the model with all its textures.

I do have a couple of questions though:

1. What are the different texture types? They all have a suffix and I reckon that _C is colour (that one's obvious from its appearance), _N is a normal map (also obvious) and _S is specular (not 100% sure), but what are _DS and _DN for?

2. If I add the _S material for, say, the magrider, and illuminate it with white light, the vehicle takes on a green hue because the _S texture is mostly green with some red bits and it doesn't look right. What's the _S texture and am I using it correctly?

I'm using Cinema 4D by the way to play around with stuff, and Photoshop with Nvidia's DDS plug in to convert the DDS files to JPEG.

Cheers
  13. TheRealMetalstorm

Thank you so much for your contribution to the community.
    I was once an avid modder of Halo PC and helped develop many tools similar to this. (Was doing AI/physics more than models though)
    Back in 2004 :D god the memories your endeavour brings back. I was ******* young then.

This will help so much with the poor preview system ingame currently - it will provide easy access to hard-to-blackbox data like the center speed of guns as well as the recoil kick random spread function nature (linear or gaussian) e.g.

I'm honestly very appreciative of your effort even though I won't have as much time as I did back then to mess around with these tools.

Here's to hoping for a brighter future for the PS2 community as well as the game itself - I see so much potential that the devs haven't touched. I'm afraid that they might have gone "full release" way too early and failed to keep the people who came in for novelty
  14. Trizzone52

Love the tool! Thanks for your efforts.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  15. MangoPunch

Outstanding work, both of you. Any progress on exporting with skeletal data and rigging?
  16. Blarg20011

I would play that game.
    • Up x 1
  17. DannyJo81

Great work!

I quickly put this together in Unity3D, it only features the Vanguard for now and a limited set of camos. You will need to install the Unity3D Web Player in order to see it.

http://dannyjo.co.uk/ps2/index.html
  18. flycatchr

Gelnika and sir Kane
    Thank you , thank you, thank you :)

I am making a case mod - a scythe shooting a sundy - which would have been nigh impossible without your Stirling work.
    I am still ironing out some kinks and working many things out in my head and testing manufacturing techniques. I have an incredibly tight budget but I am sure I will get there in the end (34 days left to finish it) - http://www.grrr.co.za/showthread.php?1205-case-mode&p=18346#post18346
  19. TheEvilBlight

Great, now the NC can stop griping about the Saron?
  20. Deathcapt

So, I want to import assets into 3ds MAX.

I've got the tool, I've extracted the DME files, I have the python script, but I can't run it! I've never used Python in my life, and really have no clue how to use it!

Are there plans to implement a sort of 1 click export to some kind of common mesh format?

I'm in the middle of trying to flush out some concept work I'm doing just for fun, but it would be really awesome if I could incorporate the actual models onto the vehicles, would make it a lot better, and save me the time of replicating assets.