[TOOL RELEASE] ps2ls (Planetside Tools)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gelnika, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Spookydodger

There's already tools out there that extract the files. It's how you see spreadsheets that have all the weapon data on them.
  2. Spookydodger

Good job on the tool sir, well done thus far.
  3. Gelnika

You don't need to use Python at all, ps2ls can export the models to OBJ directly. The python script in the repository is old and I will be removing it.

1. Open ps2ls.
    2. Load all the *.pack files
    3. Select "Model Browser"
    4. Select the model(s) you want to extract from the menu on the left
    5. Hit the "Extract selected models" button above the model list (should on the far right)
    6. Select the options you would like. Since you are extracting to 3ds max, under "Model Axes->Preset", select "Autodesk 3ds max" so that the model will be correctly rotated when you load it up.
    7. Hit export, select the directory you want the .OBJ files to be exported to.

Then in 3DS max you can import the OBJ and viola!
    • Up x 1
  4. Deringer

I gave you a shout out on this week's episode of ReachCast too Gelnika. Love what you've done for the community!
    • Up x 1
  5. Deathcapt

Cool man, I must have just been missing it last night, I was all excited and flustered at once. I can't wait to give it another try tonight.
  6. Gelnika

Hah! That's great to see, it's the little things that keep me going. :D Thanks, ReachCast!
  7. Sir Kane

Which 3ds max version does everyone use?!
  8. MangoPunch

2013 for me.

Also, quick render:

[IMG]

I call it "Offscreen Magrider s**ts itself."
    • Up x 4
  9. KraggTheGrim

While i play NC and love the railgun, that quad cannon Prowler is interesting.
    • Up x 1
  10. deathflail

Fantastic work with UV support.. messing with it now.

2013 here
  11. Sir Kane

• Up x 1
  12. deathflail

Very cool Sir Kane. SOE should get you to help them make an online store where you can preview models :D

I wrote up a little script for reconstructing the blue channel of the normal maps so that you can use them in your 3d programs. It requires:
    - Python 2.7
    - PIL (for python)

After you downloaded and installed those two things then download this script: pil_normal_map_reconstructor.py

The normal maps must be in TGA format (or anything else that PIL supports). I use the Photoshop DDS plugin by Nvidia.

After converting to TGA you can just drag and drop a heap of normal maps onto the script and it will turn it into a usable normal map.

Couple of notes for 3ds Max users:
    - Make sure to press the "Flip Green" on your "Normal Bump" node
    - The "Bump" channel value should be at 100, instead of the default 30

with normal map:
    [IMG]

without normal map:
    [IMG]

Enjoy.
    • Up x 1
  13. zomg

This is pretty cool. I made a similar thing as well, though using Three.js and mine is way crappier overall since I lack any understanding of how shaders work (seems those might be the best way to go about applying multiple textures and using the mask thing for the camos)

By the way, I think the camo is slightly incorrectly applied... I don't recall any of them covering that much of the standard texture. Not sure, could be wrong.
  14. Sir Kane

It might be, gonna need close up shots of the camo in game to compare.
  15. Gelnika

An update, I won't be working on ps2ls anymore due to other things taking up my interest and time. I will hand over the ps2ls repository to anyone else who wants to pick it up. Sir Kane will lead the charge, fear not. ;)
  16. deathflail

Thanks for all your hard work, Gelnika. Sorry to see you leave development of ps2ls. Happy to hear Sir Kane is willing to pick up where you left off, though.

Do you have a website or anything so we can see other projects you are working on?
  17. SteelDragon26

could someone possibly post how to get the models into max 2013 with the textures? i'm importing the .obj but the materials arent showing up...been quite a while since i used max :S
  18. Visk

Lil' something I've been working on: [IMG]
    • Up x 15
  19. Duvenel

This...I don't even have words for...Although I suspect the the servers would melt under such awesomeness if this was ever implemented :)
    • Up x 3
  20. Akachi

I second this, I've been wondering this question for quite a while, I have something rather interesting planned, but have no idea how to get the textures working.