[TOOL RELEASE] ps2ls (Planetside Tools)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gelnika, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Moxin

How cute is this, I guess she will fullfil us 3 wishes.

[IMG]
  2. Moxin

Is this the answer to air spam ? :D Looks similar to the rocket turret of a russian anti-air TUNGUSKA tank

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. TheEvilBlight

Might be an artifact from FreeRealms. Forgelight is based on the engine from that game (as opposed to being completely new as toted by SOE).
  4. Visk

I'm getting the same thing with other objects. I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the amount of time it takes the object to render. It could also have something to do with ps2ls not converting to .obj correctly.
  5. Belight

I'm hoping to extract some sound files to use for video creation.

Using this tool I can see the sound files, however I have no way to play the .fsb files. I've tried looking for converters, but they all seem to be dead end ad loops.

Any suggestions?
  6. Deronok

That or it was used to test something before they had models complete.
  7. Blarg20011

• Up x 1
  8. Cirevam

I was looking for a way to get these models converted to a usable format just yesterday, and now this exports to OBJ? You, sir, are credit to team!
  9. Visk

Just so you guys know, as of right now, the current version (1.1.0.72) does't yet export UVs with the extracted obj files. If you plan on using the models for any sort of animation, you'll have to UV map them yourself.

It should also be noted that you can extract textures contained with .dds files with NVIDIA's legacy texture tools (https://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools) into a series of .TGA files that may be used in your 3D animation package of choice. Of course, these texture files are made for their respective meshes with a UV layout in mind. You won't be able to use these textures for your models if you manually UV map by hand.

Best wait for the next release before starting any projects.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that all these models and textures are copyrighted by SOE. I'm assuming (any only assuming) that you may use these models for educational or non-commercial purposes.
  10. Secant

Secant here checkin in :) Some of you might remember me from the PS1 community.

Anyway, looks like someone beat me to building a tool for this ala PS2! Excellent work so far. Hit me up via PM if ya need any help.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cirevam

With this tool I have been able to reverse-engineer Vanu technology to make... the Freedom Rider prototype! Paintjob not included.

[IMG]

If ps2ls exports UV maps with models then recoloring models will be a snap.
  12. Visk

[IMG]

Just screwing around with the assets for a couple of hours
    • Up x 20
  13. mlane16

Main I wish I had my old model viewing software installed right now :).
  14. Verisimilituder

Visk, I hate you because such an awesome fortress will never make it in game.
    • Up x 2
  15. BlamTown

'Remove doubles' on all vertices gets rid of that. Depending on which program you use, it might be called something else. I know that's how you'd fix that in blender though.

I did find parts of the galaxy which show the back opened up.. it's the destroyed model, but still.. it gives me hope :)

I'm still trying to find this thing which smedley posted on twitter..
    [IMG]
  16. Visk

That's concept art. It's not in the game files. The final product will probably be much smaller and won't be ingame for a while.

feelsbadman.jpg
  17. Wobberjockey

i want one for mag. then i can truly be as OP as the forums claim
  18. Verisimilituder

At least we can stare at that image for hours then dream about it when we sleep. It's a fantastic 3D mock-up.
  19. AzErEuS

Exelente job dude, i will be waiting for the UV update :). I would like to do some still images for my outfit but i don´t want to re do all the uv information. It is the most tedius job of all ( i am a 10+ years old experienced 3d artist ). Once you get that uv export going on i will get this :D
  20. Sir Kane

UVs like this? [IMG]
    • Up x 5