[TOOL RELEASE] ps2ls (Planetside Tools)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gelnika, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Visk

You have to re-create the shaders yourself in order to get them working on the models. The maps that come packaged with the models you extract contain the diffuse (_C.dds), specular (_S.dds), normal (_N.dds), and any additional textures. I'm not sure if 3ds has support for reading .dds files, but I know Maya and V-Ray have support right out of the box.

You could also use the NVIDIA Legacy DDS tools and extract the texture maps from the .dds files. You'll get like 10 or so textures. Use the one that's labeled "_N00" or "_C00", as this is the highest resolution. Then you just plug them into your materials like you normally world
  2. Skadi

Thats a both interesting and new pistol model i spy, any way to check how old that file is?
  3. FXRiot

Because it would be awesome to create videos with the models in Maya/Cinema 4d or something.
  4. SirIsaacNeutron

Could this tool be used to create a version of PS2 map but with larger map scale?
    Something like the map at PS2HQ but with the ability to zoom more and have terrain cover shown in it?
  5. Visk

[IMG]
    • Up x 14
  6. KraggTheGrim

I want to fight in and over that :)
  7. zomg

In theory yeah but it would require reverse engineering the whole map format including how all the facilities etc. are laid out, or a LOT of manual work to place everything. Rendering the whole thing probably takes ages too :)

By the way, I'm working on a better map for ps2hq which has two additional zoom levels. It's not done yet but hopefully soon'ish when I'm not busy with other things. I'm making it into an open source library for anyone else to use too, the current dev version is available here: http://ps2hq.com/apis/map

Can we get a nice exporter for the models which includes the secondary UV coordinates you've used in this? I made a camo view thingy but can't get the camos show up properly because ps2ls right now does not export the extra UVs (since OBJ lacks support for multiple UV sets I guess)
  8. HLM

Excellent tool - I love things like this.

I've Just spent a while going through the thousands and thousands of sound files. I haven't read all pages in this thread, but it seems like most people are interested in the models. But I've found plenty of interesting stuff in the sound files. There is currently tons of content that is in the files, but not in-game as of yet.

Some things of note:

- **** tons of files! Searching for voice files for the TR male player alone yielded 11,518 results.
    - 5 unique voices each for male and female, for each empire.
    - 6 languages
    - "Overseer" voice references continents from Planetside 1 ("The NC traitors have taken control of Cyssor!")
    - What sounds like a tutorial mode, or maybe something like the hints system from PS1, (descriptions of base objects)
    - Empire-specific for killing enemy soldiers, vehicles
    - Lines for "reloading", "frag out", etc
    - Melee attack sounds
    - "Need a gunner!"
    - Versions for both normal voice and with radio distortion (inside vehicle?)
  9. Tycoh

Please do continue. Also how did you get the sounds to play? I'd love to listen to all of the voice chatter in this game. Some of them might hint to new unannounced content in the future.
  10. HLM

I'm at work now so I can't check, but I played all the sounds from within the ps2ls program. Look for the tab named "Sound Browser" or something similar. There will be thousands and thousands of results, so it might take a while to load them all.
  11. Tycoh

No idea where this tab you're speaking of is. Maybe its on a different program?
  12. HLM

13. flycatchr

14. flycatchr

Gelnika and sir kane - THANK YOU for your awesome work - a little over one months solid work

(if you like it please vote for it at www.ecsmodmen.com)

this is why
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  15. Firefly

Nobody has mentioned the most important use of this -- Pepakura. To make armour and weapons.

[IMG]

I've used Pepakura to make a Space Marine costume (Dawn of War and Space Marine game files) as well as a bolter, bolt pistol, jump pack, chainsword, and various helmets. I intend to do the same for Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  16. riker

FINALLY THE NC GET A RAILGUN!!!!!!!!
  17. riker

holy balls, you should be a base designer for planetside 2!!!!! this is epic!!!
    • Up x 1
  18. Selentic

Oh gosh just release the level builder utility for everyone to use and run some continent design contest or something.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scientiarum

I noticed some Hossin .cdt files since GU04. Any models of hossin stuff seen yet?
  20. Ash87

Yeah! How is this going to get me Ce-

...Where is that download link again?