Warp gate rotations.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hashi, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Hashi

Let's face it, every faction on Indar that had access to the warp gate in the north tends to hold half of the map. When the NC were there, they held that map constantly, and now that the TR have taken over, they tend to hold half of the map when they have a sufficient amount of players, 30%. Instead of giving on faction that advantage, why not just rotate the gates and get more info on map placements. It's annoying on Miller when the NC can only take a point when the other factions are sleeping or at work. It's clearly imbalanced and anyone who says it isn't, I'd love a detailed reason as to why... On Amerish the TR also hold an advantage there and on Esimir it could be argued that either the TR or VS hold the better warpgate position. All in all, the NC are constantly screwed over in terms of placement
    • Up x 8
  2. MilitiaMan

I would like to see this, every week they rotate.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nintyuk

It could be as simple as having at least the 2 factions who get locked out when a continent is captured swap places. This at least makes it a bit more fair and would highlight any really imbalanced warp gate positions.
    • Up x 3
  4. DEDMON

For now rotations would be better at a rate of once a week. Then they should really make sanctuaries and continent lockouts.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hashi

Anything would be better than how they've chosen to "balance" things as of now
  6. forkyar

7. Hashi

and...why?
  8. Xenocide

First of all, this is not a whinning post. I'm just saying that as far as i know, NC "never" conquested Indar since release in Miller. And today, we had the most population in Esamir like %50 and terrans were something like 30, vanu 20, still couldnt conquest it. But on the other side, in Amerish, Terran had %40 pop, NC had %40 pop, Vanu had %10, Terran conquested Amerish.

Now, there must be something's wrong. I don't think that NC players are noobs and thats the reason we can't conquest. I'd like to see this rotation thing actually, to see if its something about the warpgate placement or not.

But i will not whine about our guns or others. Oh just the reaver, give us back our old afterburner :p
  9. Rivenshield

Higby and Smed are on record as saying that sancs aren't coming back. Sorry.

Not that I disagree, mind. It would totally shake up gameplay and keep it fresh and unpredictable. A fresh challenge equals fresh content, without having to add new content. But the people responsible for New Auraxis don't agree for some perverse reason.

/points at sig for the umpteenth time
  10. NINJACHEESE

Agree NC is always in the middle making them an easy target to roll since they always have to fight two major fronts.
  11. Hashi

I have seen you around the forums and read your sig, I completely agree myself. This game is bland if you only see 1/3 of the map EVERY day.
  12. Bloodling

Agreed, need to rotate the warpgates!!
  13. Tobax

No it'll be different once new conts are added and you have to actually capture warpgates to move to other conts, it'll make owning a cont mean something and so the fighting will move across all of it instead of each faction own their area.
    • Up x 2
  14. Liquid23

if you only see 1/2 of the map EVERY day than your Empire's players suck
  15. Hashi

Yeah there are days when we cont. lock on esimir or amerish, but seeing the map of indar 100% more than 2 hours in a day is a little far fetched if you ask me. What server do you play on?
  16. GamerOS

I've not seen the NW and Western parts of Indar since release as NC...
    • Up x 1
  17. TheGroggyOne

Rotating with faction caps would be nice. If your faction already owns the cap and you cap again, then nothing happens. If the NC cap, the the rotation would go that direction, if the VS capped, the rotation would go in that direction. Using the TR perspective, the same when NC or VS caps, using their perspectives.

It'd also give an indication of the maps strength and weakness and not from perceived differences, just from one faction.
    • Up x 1
  18. Hashi

Exactly, if they do warp gate rotations, I and many others won't have to base facts off of opinions such as "back when the NC always capped Esimir". It makes it easier when a faction sees it from all different sides. Though to be honest, I'd still prefer a rotation that is more set in stone.
  19. Pannath

They don't need to do warp gate rotations at all. In fact the whole way they deal with warp gates now shouldnt even stay once they add atleast 2 or 3 more continents. Right now any faction can spawn on any continent. There is really no pressing reason to spawn anywhere specific unless you want to be near your friends. Which sort of makes the territory control monotonous. They need to 3 small maps that are faction headquaters just like planetside 1. Each headquaters has one or two warp gates which link to a specifc continent at a specific warpgate on that continent like in planetside 1. Then the other warp gates on those continents link to other continents themselves. That way there is a point to taking territory. You can take warpgates which give you access to new continents. That way the game becomes a real war with rolling fronts. There are real reasons to spawn on specific continents . Which are to press your factions territory or to defend. Right now the game play is better than planetside 1 because its a higher tech newer game, but there is no reason for strategy, no real reason to fight, no real war besides the fact that people are on the other team. I hope they do this.
    • Up x 1
  20. Hashi

Sorry, but as much as that idea sounds good, with the warp gate BALANCE right now all you're saying is let's give the TR a better chance at multi continent locking out the VS on some maps and the NC on all. No.