Warp gate rotations.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hashi, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Czago

I like this idea. Rotate the warpgates every week, or even every 2 to spice things up. I'm bored of fighting over Zurvan and Tawrich all day, every day, and there's still parts of Esamir and Amerish that I haven't even SEEN yet.
  2. Hashi

It's boring and for them saying "there is 64km of land" we only see like 8.
  3. Hashi

4. Hashi

I'll keep bumping this thread till a DEV finally reads it.
  5. IronWarrior

I'm not sure how this would work.

What would happen to everyone in the game when they swap and how would they swap?

Would everyone be teleported back to the new Warpgate soon as you lock it? What about vehicles be it ground units and aircraft?

Would they all be destoryed and everyone be infantry again? Or would they all spawn inside the warpgate? 100's of players all teleporting at the same time, flying into each other, it would be murder and chaos.

Think about this, you about to kill someone, you got the drop on him and out of no where, you back at spawn. RAGE.

Or would everyone be left where they are? Then you have armies and troops all in the wrong spots in the map already capping places?
  6. Eduard K.

Changing warpgate is not gonna make this go away, it's a start but hah, not even close.
  7. Himax

You certainly could have phrased this a bit differently, but your idea to have the Warp gates rotated is actually really smart. It would provide a definite clue to the flaws in balance that the maps may have. I hope they run with it.
  8. Hashi

The way I'd like to see it is you close down the servers (late at night) for about an hour or however long it would take to rotate them. So when you log back in, everything has already be set and you start in your new warp gate location.
  9. Hashi

Ofcourse it's not going to make it go away, but sure as hell it's a better way to find out how to balance them better than leaving it the way it is.
  10. xtoph

Anyone at anytime can post a stupid screenshot of NC dominating on their server. What was your goal with this post? Getting tired of your negativity, every once in a while you have a decent idea but you ruin your credibility with this type of "poor me" attitude.

Those are my thoughts...
  11. Eduard K.

Go ahead push on for it, it's about time too.
  12. Hashi

How else am I supposed to show the imbalance then? If you'd like I can take a screen shot every hour or whenever I log on for the next week to show you if you'd like... Up until we get some hard facts on how the warp gate balance is doing ALL ANYONE WILL HAVE ARE THINGS LIKE THIS. Want me to go and get the heatmap that shows how much the NC cover other continents? I'm calling for warp gate rotations to put this opinionated imbalance out of the way, if they only did it for a month I'd be happy. But as of now all I've got are pictures and personal experience. Please, tell me what more do you want?
  13. IronWarrior

That could work, an weeky or monthly Warpgate rotation would be acceptable, but personally I wouldn't want to see this happen, the Warpgates add to the Factions identify and I honestly don't see a problem with where factions are based. I have seen VS and NC lock down the maps often enough.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hashi

I was hoping on a weekly/bi weekly base. I know it may be different on some servers but honestly all the ones I've played on and tested out; Jaeger, Miller (extensively), Connery, Mallory, Soltech all seem to have TR taking control of half of the map they are given, I'd like to know that it's not map imbalance but player skill that determines this but we'd need some hard evidence.
  15. Rockit

Thing is it might be easily doable now but when they add more conts it gets more complex with intercontinental link dependencies so they will probably just opt not to get into the habit of it to start. In PS1 we had 10 conts and it was a major event for them to change around warpgates so they rarely did it. I think may 2 or 3 times the entire game history, and we begged for it just like you are doing now.
    • Up x 1
  16. IronWarrior

That might be because you have more X players or better players then others.

I play Miller EU and it seems pretty balanced.

What be really nice to see is some stats on which faction wins the most etc.
  17. Hashi

I understand that but what I'm saying is, let's do this before the other continents are even out! If they can do this by Janruary, maybe release the next cont. by March I'd be all for having it only on for 2 months because I feel that would be enough to get hard evidence for the warpgates. I honestly don't want to cry foul but this is all I've got until they can address this issue themselves.
  18. Hashi

My main account is there and I can't agree. On peak times we get rolled back most of the time (I will admit that we do hold Esimir a lot) but I can safely say I have never seen the NC continent lock Indar. ever.
  19. Jonas Wingren

Yeah, rotate the Warpgates, gather intel, learn how adding and changing stuff affects this.
    SOE will have to learn sometime anyways so why not now?
  20. Sabreur

I like this idea. It would add some variety to have to assault bases from different directions, and it would highlight any map imbalances.