Warp gate rotations.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hashi, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Nogrim313

had a thought on this, based on OP

when an empire is pushed back to their gate the shield drops and it becomes like any other Hex, IF the enemy can conquer it (i'm assuming the bases would be more complex in terms of generators and cap points but once taken would lock the losing empire out of that continent for 30 min or so (could be based on server pops etc.) giving the remaining empires some time to duke it out head to head

the current bonuses would still be granted when all the reg hexs had been capped and capping both gates would lock the continent and grant a bigger bonus (maybe a huge Empire wide Cert bonus?)

once the continent locked the gates could be rotated with prior winners being moved to the most challenging starting gate and the first one locked out getting the mediocre gate and the last one loser of the head to head getting the worst one

the bases themselves look like this might be an eventual goal just due to the size of them and all the extra buildings spread around, that may have just been left out for launch
  2. irewolf

Well details aside, I think most can agree we would like to see warp gate rotation. Hopfully it will come in the Jan patch at the latest.
  3. Rivenshield

If we had sanctuaries again, none of this would be an issue. Having a miniature immobile sanctuary on each continent has been a disaster. I'm tired of seeing only one side of one hill next to that one base, and of only seeing one empire on the other side of it. Simply swapping footholds every now and again is a panacea, not a solution.

Sancs plus rotating warpgates = new content, effectively for free. You get to see parts of the map you didn't get to see before, and fight against a different opponent employing his own novel tactics and weaponry in it. We had this in place ten years ago. We need it back.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hashi

Hopefully people keep this thread alive
  5. PsychoBat

I read most of the posts here and It's nice to see good quality and well argumented opinions. Mine is probably a minority here but I'll throw it in anyway. I posted it some time ago in a thread on the same subject:

6. Hashi

I did read your post, and yeah I can honestly see where you're coming from. I've been thinking the same way, and honestly I'm just lying in wait to see how all of this goes, as you've probably already read about sanctuaries it would make it so you'd see a lot of the map while also receiving those memorable battles and areas. Kind of a little mix of both of our ideas :)
    • Up x 1
  7. MarkAntony

Yeah the placement sucks but my outfit on Miller manages to push the TR back regularly (on Indar too). Sometimes all the way to their warpgate.
  8. Hashi

I'm not doubting your skill, and the eagerness of any faction, and there are days that this does happen, I'm just saying it would be nice to know that people have the advantage because of players not map placements :p
  9. Hashi