[Vehicle] How to fix the GK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

BEFORE ANYONE POSTS HERE AGAIN I have one semi-simple demand.
    Step 1: Start Planetside
    Step 2: Go into EACH factions VR
    Step 3: TEST each weapon at various ranges against a sunderer
    Step 4: post results here

Notes: Take into account that sunderers have directional armor values. So try to remain consistent. If you don't have a video capture system which will be able to provide more accurate data, use a stopwatch for a rough estimate. Formulate your opinion from that. Otherwise, don't post here, if you have no experience with other weapons I don't want you posting here, because you're then a biased example.

Thank you,
    -Neo
  2. DCTH

No it wouldn't be just skill. Since i said "eratically" ... means it is not driving i a straight line and not on rails.

Also do you mean something like this:
    http://fat.gfycat.com/ConsciousVictoriousFrogmouth.webm

Not made by me, since i won't go through the hassle to prove a point for a game, especially when it has already been done. Propably from a person that is more trustable/known than me.

Edit: You can also see the beautiful arc the Enforcer-Missle makes and the bloom you get with the Saron in addition with the tiny vertical offset (see the landscape moving a tiny bit. No movement at all with GK and Enforcer)
    • Up x 2
  3. Jake the Dog

Yes, that will do. However, I'd like to point out that I'd prefer, people to test it for themselves at various ranges.
    But thats the kind of stuff I want to see.
  4. Scr1nRusher

(Facepalm).
  5. DCTH

He is right though. Being plinked away from render-range is no fun to anyone.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Can I just point out that when you close the range and kill the GK users its the fumiest thing ever?
  7. Jake the Dog

fumiest?????????
    In any case, I've used the GK in close range before and all of my typical gunners (the guys who've been playing with me for a looooOOooonnnngg time across all factions) think its too easy of a gun to use with little to no downsides, its dps isn't a downside.

For anyone who thinks its dps is a downside please refer yourself to DCTHs video please.
  8. Scr1nRusher

The Gatekeeper is a TR Basilisk that shoots fracture like projectiles.

It will eventually kill you if you let it.

I'm not even joking, contrary to the rage & teenage angst its generating its actually really well balanced.
  9. Jake the Dog

Then time the GK vs. the basilisk for me and lemme know how long please.
  10. Scr1nRusher

You really didn't get the comparison?

It doesn't have alpha damage & the only way its effective is if full clips connect.

The only way it kills something is if its already weak or the target doesn't move and gets hit by like 2-3 magazines worth.
  11. Jake the Dog

Same way with the enforcer, save the enforcer has extreme drop. Saron, is different yes with the ability to puke rounds out, but is god awful at the ranges its designed to be good at, its saving grace (the ability to to have 0 drop) is now possessed by another weapon not on the VS faction.

Given how the GK has a faster projectile velocity and easier to aim means that moving targets are less of an issue, trust me scrin, I have one on my prowler.
  12. Scr1nRusher

The Gatekeeper has a different design & different role then the Saron & Enforcer.
  13. Jake the Dog

But performs the same at close ranges and overperforms at long ranges.
  14. Scr1nRusher

It loses in close ranges against the other ES AV.

Also(as I've been saying) its currently the only Long range ES AV right now.
  15. Jake the Dog

The funny thing is it doesn't. Its easier to hit harassets with and combined with the prowlers guns it easily makes up for any disparities if there are any.
  16. Scr1nRusher

Not talking about MBT just situations.
  17. TheFlamingLemon

With the aphelion having perfect accuracy on its burst shot, I'm wondering how much less effective it is than the saron at a range, with the saron firing as frequently as it can with perfect accuracy.
  18. GarryStutter

You're being very civil as it "deletes harassers" and he hasn't made a post that actually means something past a political answer.
    "Different design & different role", extrapolation; 'it is not the same'. Odd to put that out there as an observation...
    Yeah it sounds troll-ish, but come on... That is just filling writing space.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jake the Dog

Got behind cover just 20s ago, completely ditched the main gun and switched to GK... Much easier to use than even the prowler main gun. and when combined with another the 4 vanguards didn't stand much of a chance...
  20. Jake the Dog

I haven't seen that anyone else has actually used the other weapons.
    • Up x 1