[Suggestion] Bailing pilots and how to fix it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Kristan

1. My KDR is 1.33 and won't get any better even if I will get those kills.
    2. None of those bailers happen to kill me, cuz when it happened I just finished their ESF and flew away seeking for other targets.
    3. A crafty pilot cheesed the gameplay flaw, a hole that should be shut with a module called Ejection Seat. It makes you to eject. No ejection seat - no ejection at all.

Only in your wet dreams, hater. :cool:
  2. Nikushimi

Planetside 1 already had a solution for it, The lower the vehicles health the higher chance there was for the ejection system to malfunction, once you hit around 25% it was outright disabled.
  3. Crayv

Pilots would cry all to hell about how they couldn't exit their vehicle.
  4. Ronin Oni

Last and most importantly even.

"I'm gonna die! MUH KD!"
    *bail*
    "He bailed! MUH KD!"

Yeah, don't really have anything invested myself.

Threat removed, mission accomplished
  5. Ronin Oni

No, frag off with that nonsense.

So the literal 4 out of 5 times I manage to land and repair my burning ESF instead I'd just burn up and die, completely helpless?

That's by far the most absurd idea. I don't even care when people bail, but holy sheet don't you mess with the ability to land and repair FFS.

NAR and Fire Supp would become MANDATORY, and class to pilot meaningless.
    • Up x 1
  6. Taemien

Like I said.. they're not looking for balanced gameplay. They want to pad a KD or are ticked because a bailed pilot got them.
  7. Nikushimi

Well they are not prevented from exiting, just bailing. In PS1 you could still land and exit without issue, the ejection system mechanics only applied wile in flight.

The ones abusing it would whine about anything honestly. They cried when they implemented a change that prevented people from logging to avoid death as well.
  8. Thardus

I think it could be pretty simple, just make it so that if you try to exit your aircraft while in flight, there's only a (percentage of your remaining health left) chance that it's going to work, and if it doesn't work, you can either try again in five seconds, or get to the ground safely and repair.
  9. Nogrim313

the number of times i've bailed thinking it was likely suicidal only to survive and then go on a killstreak behind enemy lines imho means you can **** right off.

simply give the kill credit to you if i die when i jump out after you have damaged my vehicle
  10. ModsFreeAreForTV

The fact that you intentionally want to ruin people's KDR just makes you look like a fun sucking vampire to me. Let them save their KD, I'm sure you get XP for the aircraft getting destroyed in itself.
  11. Meeka

Do you know I got a large portion of my C4 Directive by using ESFs, bailing out over the top of tanks and C4ing them.

They saw my ESF, but after I bailed they just followed the ESF and never considered someone bailed out of it. It's great for flying over hot spots and killing multi-kills with C4 and grenades over hot spots.
  12. Ronin Oni

Ok, but PS1 is a different game... in PS2 there are not 2 seperate systems, there is 1 enter/exit mechanic in the game. There is also a safe fall state that can be applied, which "ejection seat" module applies, same as exiting a Gal, Squad Logistics Valk, or using any up/down lifts.

This is not mechanically possible to determine in the game under current mechanics, and it is NOT worth wasting precious coder time on a few ******** pilots who feel "cheated" out of kills (which are ultimately meaningless, what matters is you removed the goddamn enemy ESF)
  13. Crayv

Exactly.

The game has a hard enough time knowing if my Sundy is stopped to let it deploy (I have had many times where I'm just mashing my b key for ages until it finally deploys). I can imagine a pilot in his ESF screaming as his seemingly landed aircraft won't let him out because the terrain is at a slight slope and his craft is ever so slightly sliding down the hill and therefore consider to still be flying.
    • Up x 1
  14. Shiaari

Really? Then explain this post?

The subject of your post is resolving ESF pilots ejecting and redeploying in order to save their KDR. Your proposed fix is to retool how the ejection seat module works.

However, just because you propose a rework of the ejection seat doesn't mean that was the focus of your post. The focus of your post was to complain about and resolve ESF pilots ejecting to save their KDR. The rework of the ejection seat was something of a side show, especially considering the subject of your thread:

[Suggestion] Bailing pilots and how to fix it.
  15. CorporationUSA

I'm convinced that the true purpose of this thread was to make the bailout vs effective loadout difference larger, so people who want to bail to pad their KDR would have to sacrifice more in order to do it. If it were just about the ejection seat not being used, he could have just said something along the lines of "hardly anyone uses the ejection seat utility because they can just use a light assault to do the same thing," instead of ranting about people saving their KDR.

But regardless of the OP's intent, the fact that ejection seat is rendered largely useless by choosing an LA is kind of an issue in it's own right. I'm sure the utility was intended to fill the role of bailing out of an aircraft before it explodes, and not so infiltrators can get a quick ride to a tech plant.

I personally think the current trade-off for playing a bailout assault is just fine, and ejection seat is pointless to have in the first place.
  16. Ronin Oni

****, most of my best last second saves from being on fire involve jumping out before even hitting the ground and repairing as it settles
  17. Ronin Oni

it should be a 50 cert cost module, not 500....

then uncommitted pilots could justify dropping 50 certs and 250 nanites per use for a fast transport.
  18. Akashar

It must have been hard for all these pilots during the entire span of WWI and II to see the ground below them, parachutes on their backs, ready to jump, and just before, a voice in their head: YOU HAVE NO EJECTION SEAT YOU FOKIN BAILER DON'T JUMP LIFE IS FOR COWARDS ARGBLABLABLA! Closing their cockpits, they once again take place on their very normal seat, and look at the ground running to them.
    I have actually a quote from a guy who survived:
    "I had opened the cockpit and was almost on the wing when I heard the voice. I did not know what was an ejection seat, but the voice seemed so imperious! So I thought I was, like, trying to cheat with god, and I got back in the cockpit. The **** pilot seemed to understand, as I heard on the radio, in clear: SCYTHE OP!! But I still don't know what those words mean..."
  19. Kristan

That's called cheesing. And that should be fixed.

I think I'm being quite misunderstood here. Because I mentioned KDR in the first sentence you think it's all about KDR right? Well no, in fact that people bail out from burning aircraft in order to save their KDR I find it skyknightish - therefore ridiculous and silly.

If I defeat someone I deserve the kill. I want their blood!
  20. Kristan

Oh yes! Another proof that PS2 is just WWII game in Sci-Fi foliage!

But lets be clear here. At WWII you die - you die. At PS2 you die - you respawn. There is no reason to hang for life so much.