[Suggestion] Bailing pilots and how to fix it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Obstruction

mmmkay. if it's about ejection, remove it from a slot where it competes with fire suppression and flares, and make it the top tier safe landing implant. but it's not, as many have pointed out. it's about your complaint that people bail before you kill them.
  2. Liewec123

i was skywhaling once and saw a bail-assault lose a sky-duel, so i skywhaled him before he could reach the ground XD
    • Up x 3
  3. Taemien

You know you summed up the problem, but used it to describe the wrong side of it. When threads like this pop up, this is what I see:

Meaning it is YOU that is worried about YOUR K/D. You destroyed a vehicle, but are whining about not raising a number. Now explain to me why a dev should take out his time to 'fix' an 'issue' that isn't really an issue?

Actually don't. I'll explain the real reason this even pops up as a thread for everyone to see.

Truth be told, I don't think I've seen a pilot bail like the OP has said in a long time. Everyone I've destroyed in the last year have pretty much gone down with their fighter. Either I've killed them, or they accidentally nose darted. So if its actually not happening. Why is the OP making an issue of it?

Because of players like me who fly ESFs as an Engineer with an Archer or Heavy Assault with a Rocket Launcher (Lockon or Decimator). they absolutely HATE the idea that a downed pilot is still a real threat to them. Players like me are very good at taking a damaged ESF down and crash landing it and surviving (50% of the time the ESF doesn't even blow up and is repairable), by skidding it across the ground.

Thing is such a crashed pilot is ticked off and the dumb pilot that downed us gets tunnel version and fixiates on destroying the ESF to get the kill that he doesn't realize he's about to get plinked (only 8 shots need to go from full to dead, and if they've been in a dogfight already, it may only take 2 quick shots) to death by an Anti-Material Rifle or Rocket to the face.

So they make this thread under false pretense in order to fix a different issue. They don't like dying, they don't like hurting their own, K/D, and most of all it hurts their pride to let it stand.

And these arguments about Ejection Seat.. that's just insulting. I know forumside can act pretty dumb sometimes, but even in, general people aren't so naive that they can't see through that facade of an argument.

No... this is about some derpy little wannabe Skyknight moaning about his KDR getting trashed by angry bailed pilots killing him. Nothing more.
    • Up x 1
  4. lothbrook

They could fix it by making a pilot class that only has a primary and the repair tool and his abilities make the vehicle they're driving more effective, and next thing you know no more bail assaults but they won't.
  5. Kristan

[IMG]

Invest your time in something else, cuz I'm not gonna read your posts. :cool:

PS Actually I did read the last sentence, and I love that someone called me a Skyknight, a noob that loses 70% of his digfights. Glorious. XD
  6. Kristan

Why? If people want to bail out they should sacrifice something. But since everyone can to bail out with LA with no consequences why should they do that? Pfff, of course they shouldn't Why the hell devs created Ejection Seat? Could you answer that question?
    • Up x 1
  7. Obstruction

sure, that sounds great. let me crew my lib with 3 pilots so that it's more effective (x3) in whatever way you like. or uh, make A2G ESF more effective. sounds legit.
  8. Obstruction

disingenuous.
  9. Taemien

Wasn't intended for you. It was intended for everyone else. But thank you for proving my point.

Hence why I said this:

Either I've made my point and you've done and exposed your real intent in the process.

/thread
  10. Kristan

that's not the answer to my question
  11. Kristan

Hoity-toity, ain't ya? :rolleyes:
  12. Pirbi

They already fixed it by giving you credit toward auraxiums and ribbons for taking out the aircraft. Some main LA. If they lose their ESF, they go play LA. And good pilots can shoot an LA out of the air. Thus getting a bonus kill out of the deal. Some pull ESFs for the sole intent of bailing over a point even when not engaged. I have a loadout called "eject". As well as three other load outs for different tasks.
  13. Taemien

OP can't do it, so he wants a Dev to do it for him. Come on now, you should have been able to glean that. Its a 'git gud' situation and even the OP admitted to it.
  14. Kristan

I love how this guy trying to belittle and put me to shame since I stepped on his tail before. Such a cute little brat. :rolleyes:
  15. Turekson

This is kind of unrelated but I've sometimes thought about how instantly you transfer in/out of a vehicle, any vehicle, in this game in general. If they added a small delay, even a few seconds (maybe half time for flashes and such), after hitting the action key to enter/disembark a vehicle or a turret it would not just be realistic but also at least partially solve this thing. Changing seats could also take the same time, this would prevent people from singlehandedly operating a liberator too.
    • Up x 3
  16. Taemien

When you resort to personal attacks and gibbering that's what happens. Enjoy having another useless thread derailed.
  17. Meeka

If you can't kill the pilot too, you don't deserve the kill, period.

People don't complain when engineers hop out of burning tanks, don't complain when they hop out of aircraft. If you want the kill, run thermals, so you can see where they bailed.

If I bail out of an aircraft as a LA... you may have gotten the aircraft, but I still have 2 C4 and 4 grenades... stop me from blowing up a tank below me if you can. :)
  18. Taemien

You're kinda wasting your time, the OP won't debate you. He wants to focus the attention to how I'm picking on him (and in a way I am, he's big enough to stand up for himself). And the reason for it is he has no counterpoints, facts, or dialogue to actually engage in a debate about the discussion.

But thats what happens when you open up a discussion based on agenda and false pretenses. It sort of blows up in your face.

Everyone knows the pilot is still dangerous after the ESF is blown up. Either they have JJs to land safely, or can rough land it to use another class. Even the OP knows this. But its easier to try to make a post hoping a Dev feels sorry (or is fooled) and 'fixes' the false issue, than it is to actually just nosegun the ejected pilot.

I still haven't seen this happen in a while though. I've killed a few pilots the last 2 weeks and none of them bailed (or if they did they died from the fall, and I think those were accidental bails by people who haven't remapped the exit air vehicle key). So I think its a rare event still. But in the case of the OP, it probably happened and he got C4'd or something and ran here right after.
  19. Kristan

Let me give you a memo, you're the one who came here and began with personal attacks. :rolleyes:

And now you're here telling everyone that I'm bad-bad-bad. Of course, I hurt your feelings, now you're all offended and of course going to be biased against ANY opinion that I bring, no matter if I'm right or wrong.

So... congratulations! You are my personal hater. It makes me feel great that some person puts so much effort towards me. :cool:

Few years back it would be "If you can't kill the ESF before it deconstructs you don't deserve the kill" or "If you can't kill the ESF before the pilot logs off you don't deserve the kill". Luckily it was fixed. Because it was cheesing in order to save the precious Skyknight KDR. I do consider bailing as LA as cheesing too and hope it will be fixed one day as well. It means you would still be able to jump out of your ESF to use your C4s and grenades, but you will have to sacrifice... 500 certs IIRC? And a tool slot. And you going to be visible like a small comet and no one actually needs to run thermals to know where to shoot.

Also, as one of the guys stated above, there should be delay between entering and exiting the vehicle. That's how it used to be in PS1 and lack of it caused a nasty uproar in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  20. Taemien

You admitted yourself you are what I called you. That is not a personal attack if its true. You labeled yourself, I used that label.

And you still can't bring an honest debate up. How about this, admit the real reason you want the kill:

1. You want to pad your KDR.
    2. You're miffed that an ejected pilot killed you in the end.
    3. A crafty pilot got away.

Which one is it?