Maintenance - 4/21

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowrock

i just can't take it anymore!!!
  2. CzechErface

Machine code, source code, video, all computer data is made up of 0s and 1s. Machine code refers to a sequencing of 0s and 1s designed to be executed directly by the hardware (the CPU). It is generally compiled from source code, but it is possible to write machine code directly although it's a pain in butt and not really useful anymore to do it that way. Assembly was created to avoid having to develop in machine code. Since then we have abstracted the logic so that languages like C, Java, Perl, Ruby, etc could be created.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mianera

Acutally, the case is more like Planetside 2 being a broken down Mustang from the 1970's.

... and the only guy able, allowed and somewhat qualified to fix it in town is SOE. Because copyright and ignorance.

Although the car constantly breaks down and the mechanic isn't very good at his job, we love the Mustang (aka PS2) so much and continue our support just so we can get to drive it every now and then.

... but that doesn't mean we aren't annoyed or frustrated with the mechanic or the car. It's a love hate relationship.
    • Up x 1
  4. Longasc

Looking forward to this engine being used for EverQuest Next... oh my. o_O
  5. Bassett

You just made up an answer to a different question didn't you?
  6. Lewbio

I'd imagine some would go as low-level as assembly more than straight up machine code, but probably not often.
  7. Heathy

Last time I played PS2, the very hour I got into game for the first time there was a whole day maint, now out of the blue i try it again and hey presto, whole day maint.

also those guys moaning about being seen in cloak, your still visible up close you know that right, ever seen the movie predator, thats what you look like cloaked, its noticeable.
  8. drastiq

I was wondering why my cloak never wore off, lol.
    It never really occurred to me that it was bugged.

But yea... this downtime is effin kill me.
  9. Bassett

and that other game, H1Z1? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  10. Eyeklops

Programming a game like PS2 in machine code is pretty much for the Autistic Savant. Genius programmers use assembly. Good programmers use C++. Newbs use Visual Basic.

The problem with using a savant to convert PS2's code base to native machine language is that only about .001% (made up stat) of the programmers in the universe could ever understand it. What do you do when it needs edited later on?
  11. Bowrock

Hint stop playing games on consoles, yes the ps2,3,4 and any in the future will still be shi77ier than playing games on PC - WORD!
  12. Spoon527

still activity in connery,
  13. ARIES666

I have returned home and tried enter the game, i missed something? What planetside2 broke itself?
  14. N0t0

I Want Play! Open Now!
  15. CzechErface

No, I answered a legitimate question as I saw fit. I attempted to point out the misconceptions and furthermore explained how machine code is generally created...
  16. chris666uk1

ahh think i no what it is they using windows 8 without touch
  17. AcidTDP

Too much in the way of 0 and not enough in the way of 1 when it comes to SOE :)
  18. Bowrock

19. Bowrock

20. Dietre

I love how that clown googled planetside 2 hacks and EVERYTHING in his list is outdated by a year or more!

as far as the stalker cloak stuff goes..... you are not 100% invisible, you are 95% ish. I have played with it and sat crouched, making sure that I didn't have the bug where u don't go deep cloak after running/crouch etc. room is looking for me then a max comes in, walks straight up to me and kills me..... Do I cry hacks.....some act of god that he knew where I was... I simply clicked on his name and sent a msg....."hey man, just wondering how you spotted me" I saw you shadow. it was real faint.

Boom there you go. I play with ultra settings on 1080p and after learning this, I have spotted at least 10 cloakers by seeing their faint shadow if the conditions are right. they seem to cast your shadow if your near the actual point or if your on the console against a wall. maybe its a bug that does it, not sure.

Another response I got was. I bumped into you and felt the resistence. I always thought that u pass right through other players like you do with teammates, not so. so if your aware enough to notice your walking path just changed course ever so slightly its probably a dude sitting there and u moved around him.

Im do not doubt that there are some people that hack out there (I for one strongly believe that there is an entire outfit (small outfit) that have either a push button aimbot, or no recoil hack, no spread hack. But when come along to a fight, I just leave to save myself the stress of dying without a chance.

Morale of the story...if your cloaking and get owned with no darklight... simply ask the dude nicely how u got spotted. 9/10 they will answer you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.