Maintenance - 4/21

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H4YW1R3

Downtime for maintenance, to fix bugs and other issues doesn't bother me. It can be an inconvenience when you feel like playing, sure. But fixing things is a good thing in my book. Even if they end up breaking something else, it wasn't their intention. It's the whining over these types of downtime that give game producers more reason to favor the console, since they don't have to try to make the game work for thousands of different hardware/software configurations, and then get biatched at when they didn't foresee some issue with some configurations.

It's the conscious decisions and changes they make in patches that I may or may not have issues with.
    • Up x 1
  2. BOOKEN

WOW just wow.
  3. chris666uk1

4. Flarpy221

Good news the game didnt crash..... It never took off in the first place. They have been updating something thats not even ready to run. kinda like trying to run windows 8 on ur calculator while typing code with a typewriter. get it working then update it
  5. The Classy Derp

Give anyone who launched the game in this time period 1,000 certs please. Ultimate apology.
  6. CocaColaCarnage

Does anyone know what the major bug was that caused the servers to be shutdown?
  7. Wecomeinpeace

"Emergency issue" with the servers and immediate take down - hmhm. Since the servers (atleast briggs and eu) have been performing horrible in the past weeks/months anyways this probably isn't related.

By the ominous wording and apparent immediate action taken i get the vibe of "this time we really broke stuff - so serious we best not gonna tell ya".
  8. Spoon527

Activity has stopped, not a dev in any server.
  9. jakic

that is what they are thinking about
  10. CourgetteStellaire

I killed 2 people with a lasher. I think this is why they have to shutdown the serv... Must have a problem.
  11. Jeron

Oh well... I suppose fixing things is a good thing :)
  12. StarWarsGalaxies

I hope that you're rolling this game back to Beta. It was better and more stable then.
    • Up x 1
  13. PIanetside

lol.. thats not going to happen ;)
  14. SlyMarbo

Thats Right Devs you get those bugs. Thats what they are actually doing you know. Random buggs forcing all three factions (in the form of the devs) to cease fire and survive together for a while. ...... Almost want this to be a thing......
    • Up x 1
  15. HexxianVC

Higby stuck his fingers in a plug socket at an SOE server farm. In a desperate measure to end his pain.
  16. AmyHuntr

Does anyone have an even slim ETA? Please this is ridiculous. I've been waiting for two hours...
  17. fallenvash

for everyone concerned about hackers seeing stalker cloaks, please see 6:45 in this video.

Your cloaked body appears like an extremely faint shadow if you view it against some kind of background. The shading on the background is so faint that it is the next best thing to being truly invisible, but you are not truly invisible. The slightest movement can and most likely will end up giving you away, our eyes are trained to notice movement almost immediately.

However, you can also be spotted by someone running and noticing a shadow that stays in one spot relative to their moving perspective of the environment. for example because I know I did not word it right at all. say you are cloaking in an area with some kind of computer box nearby. As an enemy is running near you, that box is not directly behind you but off to the side just a bit, but as he gets closer, his perspective causes you to become directly in between him and that box. Your extremely difficult to notice shading will then creep over that box which can register as 'movement' to his brain.

Also there are a few people who very very quickly can identify that slight shading to a cloaker. That usually comes from experience. Now certainly some people will abuse these facts to run hacking programs, but the vast majority of kills on a stationary stalker I am sure are completely innocent.
  18. Spoon527

11min
  19. Bowrock

20. CzechErface

lol whatever man
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.