Server Downtime for Patch February 5, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 4, 2014.

1. onadinz

ahhh my weeds waitin.... :oops:
  2. Alphyrion

Again a patch during EU/Asian hours... :(
    • Up x 1
  3. PlayNkill

4. RIctavius

During school hours???
  5. d_carey Developer

A couple clarifications:

Any chance on getting the ribbons (and thus, the certs) we should have received during the time they were not working? Is it even technically possible?:p

Unfortunately, that's not possible. We did look into it. The cert grant mentioned is indeed just for the lost member certs (I'll update the patch notes).

My membership ran out last week, do I get the lost certs once your fix is done?

Yes, you will still get the certs.
    • Up x 1
  6. OldGuyAndy

1) I would like to say that these bug fixes look awesome... AWESOME!

2) Is there absolutely no way for someone to announce these updates a day or two before the update, not at (in my time zone) 11:58 the night before? Are these not scheduled in any fashion? It seems to me it was Thursday last week, hence why I got up early on Wednesday. Due to real life, I get little time to play and it is always such a frustrating disappointment to get up at 5:30am to log on only to learn it is down. :(:confused::rolleyes:

All I am asking for is enough notice that the night before I do not set my alarm for 5:30am.
  7. mersk

Here's a better idea: Go back to monthly updates. SOE gets more time to work on their updates, players get more time playing the game. Everyone's happy. Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  8. SprintingGhost

So the characters will be back when the servers are up or when the next update comes? I hope the first one but i'm not sure... :confused:
  9. jiggu

Depends on the downtime, which sadly tends to be quite long. It's the middle of the day for EU and evening for Asia
  10. Vanon

Nah i'm good. Ever since PS2 went weekly, stuff gets out faster, but also gets fixed faster. If we where monthly then the coyotes would still be useless. I am really enjoying the change in dev attitude. It went from crappy communication with infrequent updates to one of the most updated games with very good communication. I'll take an hour a week or so of servers being down as trade any day.
    • Up x 1
  11. huller

screw up and give double xp

scr- you know the drill
    • Up x 6
  12. Goretzu

The first rule of WDS is: You do not talk about WDS. :eek:
  13. Lakora

Middle of the day for EU is not too bad, it's not primetime.

Now... Asians got their own client n probably seperate servers... Just saying.
  14. blueangleofdeath

Great so all of the healing and repairing was for nothing!! Thanks SOE :(

As for updates I think there should be a mass e-mail sent out to people.

1. People know about it.
    2. You wouldn't have tons of people making pointless topics that they can't get on while it's updated.
  15. Badname6587

I heard that they are implementing a new anti-hack system in one of these patches! Is it coming in this patch.

About freaking time!!! All those subtle hackers out there using aimbots and wallhacks need to be put in their place finally.

Can't wait for this to go live.
  16. Combat Jorts

Cool. The servers will be down for 12+ hours and a double XP weekend this Friday!
    • Up x 1
  17. mersk

An hour a week? Your parallel universe sounds tempting.
  18. focart

How about performance issue with screen freez? It`s happens a lot and mostly at the wrong time.
  19. SprintingGhost

If you can read the downtime ETA is 90 minutes, and how did you know it was double xp weekend?
  20. blueangleofdeath

If this is true I doubt SOE would even mention a new anticheat/hack system would be being released.