Pounders are imbalanced

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Dragonblood

Pounders are good with lockdown since you can actually hit your infantry targets due to the increased projectile speed......and because you can hit ppl hiding behind doors. But they seriously suck, when someone actively tries to avoid your shots.
  2. Takoita

I've had a good laugh out of this thread, I have to admit.

If I were to guess a reason for why a person may prefer Pounders for AI instead of the supposed AI weaponry we have (I know I do now, at least), 'actually hitting what you are aiming at' would be pretty high up there. The thing doesn't spray everywhichway, has a little bit of indirect fire goodness and is not completely useless the moment a target with different damage resistance type shows up. Still not much good against tanks that can actually shoot back at you, but anti-MAX uses make the weapon work nonetheless; besides, Fracture needs to do something too.
    • Up x 2
  3. Feench

Can the TR please have one decent weapon without you guys breaking out the pitchforks?
    • Up x 4
  4. Choppy89

Thing is TR now have something that the NC had before gu7. I am referring to the falcons pre-GU7. Yes they were fun as hell back then and more skill was required to hit people with it. People cried foul at us back then, So don't cry "poor little TR" when your pounderfalcons go under the knife.

I won't whinge to hard... I will save it for when the TR version gets nerfed and they give the VS a cosmospounderfalcon that has the same lob mechanics and damage for the their max. All you can do is enjoy them while you can TR.
    • Up x 1
  5. Mxiter

arn't the new falcones more or less the same thing than pre-GU7 falcons?
  6. Takoita

Who cried about falcons? Dev team 'adjusted' the thing to motivate people buy the new Ravens as far as I can remember.
  7. Choppy89

Ahh no. They were a grenade launcher and were turned into monstrosity the dev team developed when they deaf, dumb and drunk. They were made this way because of marketing for the ravens.

Yup they made sure it. Was faster to run, fly and drop c4 on you target then to shoot them. A lot of people cried about it as it was the only real ranged AI weapon that the NC max had. TR don't have the same range issues as the nc.

Either way, enjoy the waste of SC cause as soon as the dev team get too many complaints that an AV weapon is being used for AI, it will get nerfed.
  8. BeyondNInja

I can't believe people still have this misconception...
  9. blampoet

so wait... besides the mistake i made that all three ESFs have the same armor... what else is wrong there?

...i can't believe people still dont understand their own faction traits.
  10. asdfPanda

Not if you're good at leading and predicting.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428105192788727073/killboard

This is on my TR alt(now main?). They are a little too versatile, in my opinion.
  11. Pikachu

Saw 3+ poundermaxes in a biolab today when playingmy TR on Ceres. :D Vanu was attacking but we bested that rabble.
  12. BeyondNInja

That's all.
    Although 'most damage on weapons' is a bit of a misnomer since NC only have a higher damage per shot, with generally lower DPS...