Merry Auraximas

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

By: Margaret “Luperza” Krohn

Salutations and Merry Auraximas, Auraxians!

Today we’d like to announce the start of 8 Days of Auraximas! Each day we’ll be releasing a new giveaway that you and your fellow outfit mates can take part in! As the days progress, you’ll have a chance to win more rewards!

[IMG]

Today’s giveaway is for a PlanetSide 2 Swag Box! This includes three PlanetSide 2 dog tags (one per each faction), a PlanetSide 2 t-shirt and a PlanetSide 2 mousepad! All you have to do is enter our sweepstakes. Don’t miss out, get in before the lock! ;) This giveaway ends December 19th, 2013 at 10:00 AM PT!

[IMG]

In conjunction with the 8 Days of Auraximas giveaways, we’ll be doing a ton of sales in-game throughout the holidays, so keep those eyes keen! You can follow our social channels on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ if you want to be in the know when these sales go live!

*Sales for December 18th, 2013 will be moved to January 2nd, 2014.

EDIT: The winner has replied to the email and accepted the prize! Congrats Skitzle! :)
    • Up x 24
  2. DurandaI

now if only i could play the game lol
    • Up x 16
  3. BrianJ2

haha, why post this when the servers aren't even up. Nice priorities!
    • Up x 6
  4. Jeslis

I just hope we can get on sometime before midnight tonight to take advantage of today's sale....
    • Up x 5
  5. nooblet91698

....yea...when are the servers coming back on?
    • Up x 1
  6. Weynard

Worst timing ever SOE, you should be embarrassed.
    • Up x 3
  7. ScottishRoss

Luperza is the community relations manager... I do not think she has control over fixing the servers.
    • Up x 12
  8. Luperza Community Manager

We'll be redoing our sales for today for January 2nd, 2014, so you won't miss out on them. ;)

This is a free Swag Box that does not require you to be in game. Do you not like free things? :p
    • Up x 24
  9. Selerox

Well, I'd say whoever at SOE PR decided to drop this little announcement on us has been drinking too much of Higby's coffee.

Failure to properly engage with players? Bad PR.

Delaying this a few hours until the servers are back online? Good PR.

That being said, free stuff is free stuff...
    • Up x 2
  10. Nitrobudyn

Bad timing. Also, don't use the word "Swag" Pretty please.
    • Up x 6
  11. noMnoM

at least its used in the proper context here.
    • Up x 9
  12. IronWarrior

Merry Christmas to the Planetside 2 Team.
    • Up x 4
  13. Nintyuk

Luprezza Isn't a coder, while she might not be as uninitiated as your random passer by on the street there's nothing she could personally do to fix any bugs or errors and get the servers running any quicker. So she's just getting on with her day job and trying not to get under the feet of the team who ARE working around the clock to get the game running again. Think please.
    • Up x 8
  14. BoomBoom4You

Cool idea, thanks Maggie!
    • Up x 1
  15. FBVanu

I would buy a stand-alone, NON multiplayer PS2, with random bad AI walking around.. just so I can shoot at something..
    Maybe there is an idea for SOE to make some more cash??
    Give one large continent, 2/3 of Amerish, 2/3 of Esamir and throw in the upper half of Indar, paste them together, , voila, there is our stand alone game. Don't we already have half of the games programming or more on our PC anyway?
    Just add some AI Noobs walking around, give me the VR Training AI to switch guns etc..
    At least I can drive around, fly around and take pot shots at some moving targets..
    still better than waiting around..

Any thoughts on a stand alone PS2 version.. ?? Maybe $20.00 ?? Would anyone else buy it?
  16. Selerox

I don't think Luperza is deserving of blame for this, and yes, she's nothing to do with the coding side of things. But you have to admit that the timing is slightly, well, open to question. I don't see why this couldn't have been delayed just a little to potentially smooth things over with the playerbase.

Free stuff? Good. But it might go down better with people if the free stuff announcement was better timed. Because a lot of people rightly or wrongly will get annoyed about this.
  17. Sulsa

SOE has no control over how many days before Christmas it is. They probably had this in the works before they got blindsided by this super-mega bug in this latest patch.
    The way Maggie and the rest of the dev group have kept their cool dealing with some of you immature internet brats through 2013, SOE should buy each of them a sports car...
    • Up x 11
  18. barunedpat

Don't worry. They have confirmed in red that daily deals today will appear in January, as stated above.
    EDIT: I though the confirmation of the Daily Deals was written in another thread. Sorry for the useless post.
  19. Rennigen

I like free stuff!

and it's fair that you offer the offer once again in january :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Bindlestiff

I assume thats 2014 right? Or have we inadvertently discovered why the servers don't work - they are all running 2012 dates ;)
    • Up x 6