K/D shouldn't matter to you

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pie Chasm, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggily

You sound really bitter. Is this stats jealousy I am seeing?
  2. GSZenith

you take sarcasm for bitterness (spelling?) o.o.
    did use the sarcasm smile even --->:rolleyes: and what would i be jealousy over lol?
  3. Giggily

Sarcasm on the official forums is impossible to distinguish.
  4. Hosp

K/D is here to stay, It's never going to be completely removed. That said, would it make alot of people happy if it was removed from the TAB menu and only visible via a toggle in the settings?
  5. escroteitor

I repair, revive, heal, equip my utility weapons and nades. And I still normally hold a 2 k/d ratio, 3 If I go HA.

You're asking scrubs to play well, well you can't, they're scrubs, they don't even take a look at the forums, I can assure you that.

Maybe a player feel stronger helping a friendly MAX kill a bunch of enemy infantry, maybe some others fell better having a high K/D. If they ignore their role and just go PEW PEW PEW mode, why they aren't playing HA?

Because they're scrubs, they don't even know how to rise their K/D, what can you expect from them?

PD: Advice ahead. Use scrubs as meat shields, so you can properly help your team staying alive more time and really making a difference.
  6. CaptainYamerica

And the floodgates have been opened for the massive EPeens yet again!
  7. TheAntiFish

I care about my KDR.

Although i'm not about to start padding it. It's just that i spend 3/4 of my time playing as an infiltrator.
    Snipers should not have a low K/Dr, It's a good effectivity tracker.
  8. Botji

Not sure if im completly misunderstanding what you are saying here but to me it seems like you just hang back behind the "scrubs" and steal kills. Also I think if you see the K/D ratio as something you can or should raise(aside from getting better) I think you are looking at the stat in the wrong way, what point is it in having a high K/D if you have "raised" it by some means like actually putting your focus on keeping a high K/D and farming infantry?

My point is that its better to have low/bad stats and doing what you like than say spend a month safe farming with Liberator or some other vehicle if thats not what you would normaly do.

I use my K/D for my self, it shows in a way how well im playing. If I would inflate that just for the sake of raising it the stat would lose its meaning to me.

If thats not what you meant, just ignore me :p
  9. Zluu

A K/D that gets refreshed every month might be a better alternative to the current one that doesn't really show any progression on old chars.
    Say you're consistenly at 3 kdr but your stats page show 2 because you've accumulated 10k deaths and 20k kills over a year of playing, it'll take you another year for your K/D to finally reach 3. With a monthly K/D it would reflect your current skill.
  10. Sworaven

I don't think a lot of people truly care about their KD. People like getting kills. What people don't like however, is getting farmed. If you're constantly going on a suicide run, you're doing it wrong. There's a difference between being a good player and just going on a suicide-mission every chance you get.

The examples you give aren't very good. I deploy on hostile sunderers all the time. Sure, there are times when I don't get a kill or where I don't even take down the sunderer. But usually I'm able to take down a couple of guys with either my mines or by shooting them after I've taken down the sunderer.

The second example is pretty lolworthy. You make it sound as if killing people is a bad thing! Unless they're complete idiots, pretty much all engineers will repair MAXes and drop ammo when needed. Besides, if you're being a pocket-engie for a MAX in your squad you can usually take down some infantry trying to flank.

Who contributed most to victory, the guy who clears a whole building of enemies and recaptures the point or the engineer repairing a turret only to be sniped?

Btw, how many threads have you now made in your crusade against KDR? It's funny, it sounds like you're one of the few people who truly care about it.
  11. Irathi

Hope the OP read that one..

@ OP; Your personal definition of how this game should be played does not equal everyone else's. The only personal goal you have in a game is to have fun. If high a KDR = fun then that is what they should do. So stop whining about how other people enjoy the game.

More importantly there is no correlation between a high KDR and not serving the empire in good manner. Most likely you surround your self with idiots who only know how to get a good KDR from afar hidden behind a rock as a sniper.

Like you mentioned, all the guys you are sitting together with in the spawnroom. No wait, you charge outside in hopes of maybe damaging the tank. Because that will surely help the situation.

Meanwhile the rest of us organized players mass up a Max attack to actually break out of the spawn, or maybe we redeployed to make a resque gal drop on the control point, or maybe we are massing up MBT's and sunderers at a nearby base getting ready to roll back into the fight.

So while your KDR goes down the drain in the attempt of maybe damaging something and getting angry at all the greenies camping behind the shield, the rest of us are doing something usefull.
  12. Pie Chasm

It's funny when I see a MAX crash fail. It isn't good for your K/D ratio either.The last one I witnessed was staved off from a protected position by heavies who coordinated rockets.

Your K/D ratio suffering negatively doesn't imply anything about your performance in this game, so only an idiot would care anyway.
  13. RaTzo

K/D matters for ESF pilots because we don't get revived - ever.

I get destroyed when I'm on the ground... every now and then when I'm waiting for my cool down timer I go on the ground and die 10 or so times in a row.... then I get back in my ESF.

I always look at the K/D of dedicated pilots because it shows me just how good they are.
  14. Posse

/thread

This

And why should I care about victory, I'm in this to have fun, killing = having fun, going around looking for the next fight =/= having fun. I prefer to let that Sundy stay alive and kill all the people that spawn than sticking 2 bricks of C4 and a rocket launcher and ending the fight.

If he has fun repairing the MAX, good for him, not everyone finds that exciting, I'd rather be killing a bunch of people with the carbine.

Yes, tens of minutes I have to wait till the next Sunderer gets to the base so the fight can resume, so much fun, I go for the enemy sunderers when there's risk of defeat, if not, I'd prefer that fight to last as long as it can. The same way I prefer to let the defenders of a tower hold the A point so that the fight lasts 20 minutes instead of 7. In short, more kills per minute = more fun.
    • Up x 4
  15. Irathi

A man of my heart!

The only exception is if I run with my outfit, then I do as they say in order to capture a point, but my personal goal is getting as many kills as I can while protecting / capturing the point. I don't really care if we actually win it.
  16. iMartyr

If something should'nt matter to me should i post about it on the forumsides?
  17. Flapatax

DA members can get kicked for premature sunderer kills :D.
    • Up x 4
  18. MFP_TK_01

First rule of pvp is if you are in a fair fight, you are already at a disadvantage.

This one is your fault for thinking you are entitled to your own slave engineer. I'm not here to serve your needs while you get all the glory. If I have a moment a I may stop and fix you but I ain't sticking around for you to jump in front of the spawn shields to get all shot up again, I've got more important things to attend to than some scrub in a max suit with entitlement issues. You want a pocket engineer, join a group and make friends.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pie Chasm

Hi, I'm the guy who switches from any class to an engineer to repair the MAX next to me.

Nice try making stupid assumptions.

Good thing not everyone in the game is a ****** like you.

The correct expression is: "A man after my own heart"...preposition "after".

What you and your purple friend don't understand is that getting infantry kills being the highlight of the game makes this a bad game, because every other game that focuses on infantry combat is better than this one.

Call of Dooty/Battlefield, CS:)GO,Source whatever the ****) are better game sin that respect. They have balanced teams where your positioning, skill, etc. really matter and that K/D ratio you covet so much actually stats to matter a lot (damage done/deaths for the more astute, or weighted (K+A)/D, or anything that isn't as ******** a metric as K/D).

The maps are better, the hit detection is better, the movement tracking of your client is sooo much better...
    a lot of people have quit this game over that reason alone; the alternatives, especially the upcoming BF4, are simply better for infantry combat with TDM objectives.
  20. aRottenKomquat

K/D is not a useless stat, but its usefulness depends on your play style. Are you an engineer who spends most of his time repairing MAXes and tanks, or dropping ammo packs around? Or a medic keeping your teammates alive? K/D doesn't really matter there. Are you a squad/platoon leader? Especially for platoons, K/D doesn't matter because chances are you're staring at the map and organizing your platoon, not fighting. Are you a Heavy Assault on the front lines of infantry combat? You bet your caboose K/D matters!

Just because it's not useful for medics and engineers does not mean it's not useful for everyone!

Now all of those guys afraid to leave the spawn room because of their precious K/D ratio though...they deserve a friendly C4 explosion to encourage them to leave and actually fight. K/D should be a natural result of your play style, not a stat to be abused and padded in some pointless pissing match.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.