Miller v Woodman v Cobalt\Ceres on PTR - It's On!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulysees, Aug 1, 2013.

1. PhysicsMan

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, please elaborate. And if you so happen to be referring to my K/D that is explained by me having to use a sub-par laptop to play PS2 until 3 weeks ago when I built my new computer - ever since 3 weeks ago, my K/D has rarely dropped below 2 (daily).
  2. Ganelon

Got to love how they're taking PoisonedAl's words 100% seriously.
  3. d3adline

i never mentioned k/d you did, this stat dosent mean anything in this game.
    im saying that i dont believe that you even understand what you are up against...

and no i dont mean ''mlg 360 no scope skillz'' with that. but you will see soon enough!
  4. MajorZbug

Thanks.

A good laugh is always welcome :D

I play on both servers, you'll need a lot more than just numbers. When I see a dude saying "all on woodman TS, all squad leaders channel commanders", it simply shows we are eons ahead already. Because, you know, 30 squad leaders talking ... nope.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bvenged

I played in some TR Woodman platoons on Friday with a couple other WASPies.

I got to give it to them, I was in awe at their leaders' abilities to give orders such as "Go to platoon waypoint" and "Move to platoon waypoint" and "get inside platoon waypoint building".

Our zerg zergs better than your zerg zergs!
    xD
    • Up x 3
  6. PeaSum

Well, keep in mind that a lot of the comments are just the usual fps-player banter. I think some rivalry will definitely spice things up, as long as everyone is aware that its a part of the game.

I actually hope for a good fight and i think it will be a challenge for every server to win, as long as the numbers are half way equal.
    There will of course be the normal "lololo, we won #sopro" stuff from the winner and the "lololo, you just had more guys" etc from the others. That seems to be part of every fps community ever.
    No harsh feelings though.

Just don't take the game to serious!

PS: Can we agree that we will all crush Cobalt? :D:D:D
    • Up x 1
  7. HAYMAKER

Just going to throw this in here. I think both servers will give eachother a good run for their money. I haven't played in many squads on Miller, but what I have seen is good organisation and tactics on the TR side. The same goes for Woodman, but this more leaning to the VS side.. I do think Woodman have a higher percentage of good individual players than Miller, well from what I've seen in my time there. This doesn't mean anything tough. The game is based on teamplay and not individual skills.. Also I think both sides are under estimating eachother in this regard.
  8. huller

Gotta love how these woodmanites think they stand a chance, everyone knows that when there is a slight chance of us losing, we'll just drop ten bazilion haxmaxes on the party.

anyway, when is this happening? gotta stockpile resources and relay the time before the glorious Miller victory event happens.

The only dissadvantage will be the unfamilarity of 2/3rd of our Miller armies with NC weaponary.
  9. MajorZbug

Well, a lot of names come to my mind right now, but I'm just going to say 'Kanum'.

And we play NC, omagad.
  10. HAYMAKER

Well, like I said for the time I have been playing on Miller I have only seen a handfull of idividuals from NC and VS that have given me a hard time against them. This may also be 'coz I play during day time. I for one think both Miller and Woodman are great servers and have some cool people on. { Except for that one BR80something NC I killed a few times in a row with Infil class and smg. He then decides to come back as HA with Jackhammer to deal with me ;-) }
  11. SebDollar

Details for the air platoon Comms
    TeamSpeak 3
    server: abtf.org
    No password
  12. Sekaszy

Well about this "Small version of Event".
    Veni, vidi, vici

I hope they will bring more guys next time...
  13. LordMondando

Really postive meeting.

Cobalt and Woodman are going to need to play the best night of PS2 of their lives to even come in with a chance.

Woodman as the server that brought itself back from the brink, needs to MASSIVELY step up and get the numbers out.

And its time for Cobalt to prove its a real server as well.
    -on a side note here, anyone have the contact details for TRID?
  14. Ulysees

Meeting Report

Outfits in Attendance: WASP, 252v, ABTF, BMC, CONZ, DEIM, DIG, DL, GAR, GOON, INI, ISK, IVRI, JNJ, MCY, MM, MOX, OCB, RNX, RTRS, RUSL, SW, UBAD, UMVS, BC, BCBC, BRTD, RAD, EMLD and SOV (Apologies to anyone I missed off the list as you were not there when I noted the outfits list down).

1. Outfit Invites - All reps who attended the meeting tonight were invited into the MILR outfit and granted leader access so they are in position to start inviting members of their own outfits into the NC outfit on the test server. Those outfits who were unable to attend but will be there for the event will be sorted on the night.

2. Comms for the Event - Outfit reps created logins on the NCTO TS in the format {Outfit Name}Player Name e.g. [WASP] Ulysees and were added to the MILR server group on NCTO TS. Again anyone unable to attend the meeting but attending on the night just needs to follow the instructions that were in their info PM and I will sort out server groups on the night of the event. I ask all outfit reps who will be using NCTO TS to get into the server 1 hour before the official start time and also start getting your players onto the test server an hour before the start time to try and get as many Millerites onto NC as possible for the event.

3. Event Squad and Outfit Invites - When it comes to setting up outfit squads on the night of the event since we are all one big outfit if we use the normal squad invite methods it is going to be a nightmare for normal players to find the right squads to join so instead what I have asked is that all the outfit leaders have their squad leaders on the night send them friend invites and then those squad leaders will be given the outfit official rank and invited to make a squad. After this have the players who will be playing in the squad send a friend invite to the squad leader, he can then invite them into the outfit (if they are not in already) and also invite them into the right squads.

4. Attendance estimate - I am planning on running the event around Miller being able to raise 12 platoons, that is 576 players and leaves a little leeway for other players on the server and gives us a buffer in case we get too many players wanting to take part. Given the size and activity of some of the outfits who have responded to say they are taking part it is likely that there will be a maximum amount of players each outfit will be allowed to bring. MrKoronas has made a google doc ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Htwp-GolrpHSHGDTeG8MJxDEVS4gQS9_YNBGMtCl20s ) to try and give us a rough estimate of expected attendance and all outfits are asked to comment on the document with their outfit name, their expected attendance and what their playstyle is, Infantry or Combined Arms, the last comment is important for assignment of outfits into battlegroups.

5. Battleplan - Comms and breakdown of outfits into fast response and core outfits discussed and due to not knowing numbers at this time unable to do the outfit assignments. It is agreed that outfits have until Wednesday to submit their attendance and role onto the google doc after which I will create a google doc outlining the comms procedure within NCTO TS and an explanation of the battle plan plus the assignments of each outfit into an army group. This should be done on Thursday and a link will be posted in the OP.

6. Overpopulation Issues - If Miller get the turnout that tonights meeting suggests it might then there is a good possibility that we will heavily outnumber the other servers resulting in them being swamped and the fight being over before it really begins. If this does happen then once the other 2 servers concede defeat then the event will be called and for those that want to play on a more even playing field we can offer some of our outfits to move onto the other factions to make the sides more evenly matched and then do the whole thing again! Of course this is dependant on a large population advantage rendering the other servers unable to fight back due to the population imbalance, if they can put up a fight regardless of the numbers then we will just play as agreed for the night.

7. Any Other Business - Lordmondando raised that while this event is epic and the Miller response has been fantastic we are all still playing on a test server as such if we do encounter any bugs or issues as soon as you get the chance use the support function in game to let the devs know of the problem. Alternately if you want to wait until all the fun is done you can also PM Lordmondando on the SOE forum here with any issues you want to raise and he will forward your feedback on.

Once again can I say a massive thank you to the community for the support you have shown in getting behind this, it is quite staggering that a meeting with 30+ outfits could conclude in a little over an hour and no one had a major fallout and we all worked to co-operate in getting this put in place to try and make this run smoothly next week.

Bring on the 11th!
    • Up x 2
  15. LordMondando

Thanks Uly, you really are a credit to Miller.

Anyway re: 7. With any obvious bugs, use the bug report feature, for any feedback beyond 'I like it' or 'I hate it' e.g. the interlink facility is good, but X, Y and Z. Send that to me, i'll use my mad philososkillz to turn it into a document to then fire onto SoE.
  16. angeh

www.ps2trident.com :). We got 50 ish online tonight (cobalt) and thought we'd done ok then we saw the miller and woodman pops :p. Going to recruit heavily and promote interest this week and hopefully vastly increase our numbers :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Osiris371

In my opinion we should pair off Outfit platoons with rival Outfit platoons. Eg, DIG, BRTD and 252. Get all us Millerites really working together rather than running with our usual buddies.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ulysees

That is part of the plan once I have the expected attendance I'll be breaking outfits down into core and fast response and then assigning which outfits will join up to form the platoons and roles, that was one of the parts that was discussed about us playing together in platoons that I forgot to type up.
  19. DJStacy

We will see on the day but please don't start shouting about miller skill if you have a 20% pop advantage lol...............thought one of your miller outfits tonight on the test server and managed to hold them 2/1 against for ages took 3/1 odds to remove us so if we get the pop Woodman shouldn't be to worried :).
  20. PhysicsMan

You aren't half full of yourself are you? ;)