The EM1 !#@$^& SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by badname123, May 25, 2013.

1. ChuckDM

Might be. Maybe.

If you hate the EM1 try the EM6. It basically does everything the EM1 does, but does it all universally better. Same 1000 certs, too.

This is what VR Training is for, btw. You should test every gun in VR before purchase. Truth be told, some of the guns in this game (and by some I mean probably 60%) suck. Like suck really hard. The EM1 is actually much less worse than many other guns compared to alternatives. I'm not saying it's a good LMG, but compare the 30 round SMGs to the higher capacity SMGs and you get some idea what I'm saying. It makes you wonder why the hell anyone would EVER use the low mag SMGs (unless like me you got purchase happy and bought the low ammo SMGs before the others came out...)
  2. Van Dax

you should watch wrels video on the EM1, very informative.
  3. ChuckDM

I second this. idk wrel but his videos have helped me quite a bit, especially with carbines since I seldom play LA, and when I do its usually with a shotgun. The reason I have even a single kill on LA past 10m is solely because of wrel :)
  4. badname123

Here is the main problem i found with the EM1... this happens too often.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Judgeratt

I played around with it a bit in VR after watching Wrel's video, and I think it's a passable close-quarters gun. It has a slower TTK than your other options, but it's extremely easy to control, which is perfect for some players; however, the big difference between this and the Anchor and GD-22S is the mag size, and I admit that after a few minutes in the firing range 200 rounds feels amazing compared to 50.

Things get more problematic when comparing it to the EM6 and the Gauss SAW S, however. Is there a compelling reason to pick this gun over those when those two guns have lots of other strengths? Not for me. This gun needs something to really set it apart.

I think the perfect buff for this gun would be to give it a .75 ADS movement modifier. I think that would make this gun a really interesting and reasonable option.
  6. Voraen

i unlocked this with certs and now i find out its a heap of crap? :confused:

i hope wrels video helps because it sounds like i should have unlocked the em6 instead.
  7. badname123

It took me a while to learn but it's not that bad if you use it right. get the extended magazine and 1x reflex. nothing else. Don't waste certs on foregrip or scopes and at least one level into extra ammo pouch on your suit too.
    The weapon is situational and it may take you some time to find that situation.

Avoid 1v1 CQC encounters you will lose most of these against other HA.

Find a lane of fire where enemies have to pass through to get to some objective, like stairs doors. Use cover and peekaboo tactics.

There is an optimal distance of engagement for this gun. too close and you're dead. too far and you give your self away with a weak inaccurate shots.

Avoid areas where you have to cover a wide area. stick to the tight vector suppression. choke points, stairs, hallways.

I still want this gun to be tweaked tho.
    • Up x 2
  8. drill_sarge

I like it very much. But (at least from my point of view): don't use the laco dot sight. I recently switched to the other 3x one with the real crosshair (forgot the name) and it is much better. because you have basically no recoil you can track enemies heads much better when they are running by. also makes aiming for the head much easier in general because no big wobbling fat dot of the laco. I played all time with laco I should have known better :D
  9. Casterbridge

I was using it a bit more, it's definitely not a bad gun.

Thing is in most situations where I'd want to use it, I'd prefer to use my anchor, having said that that extra ammo can really make a difference at times.
  10. ZoeAlleyne

I have my auraxium with my EM1 and I like it second to the NC6. I personally find the EM1 filling the short range high rate of fire niche while the NC6 fills the long range role. I am using the EM6 now and I find that it has no role to fill. It has a slower rate of fire and high damage than the EM1 but it doesn't perform was well at range as the NC6 at range and the slower rate of fire makes it not perform as well as the EM1 with soft point ammo. I loved using the EM1 with extended magazines.
  11. KnightCole

Lol, that is an an issue I find with all the 143 dmg guns ive used, T9 CARV, T16, I trialed the EM1 once.......

I lost count of the number of times ive done that. It happens with the SAW and 167dmg guns as well, but not quite so often.
  12. Alarox

In terms of TTK 153 is essentially 167. The reason they do 143 and 167 is that they are BARELY 5-6 shot kills instead of 6-7. They're designed to leave 1-2 bars of health left.

They're gauss weapons. So similar concept, but not railgun. Not full gauss either. Fired like a normal bullet but propelled with gauss technology.

Gauss vs Railgun is like current vs magnets, but in the end both use magnetism. Gauss is creating a magnetic field via coil/solenoid with a current and then the projectile is propelled by that magnetic field. Railgun is using oppositely charged rails and a charged projectile, and literally giving it kinetic force by the charges (like magnets). From what I understand anyway.

Basically, both work by creating a magnetic field and propelling a projectile. The difference is that one field is created by magnets which create a magnetic field, and the other is created by a current which creates a magnetic field.

Although, gauss technology is limited by the resistance caused by solenoids/coils while a railgun has more easily counterable limitations. So gauss is inferior alone, but railguns are more expensive and difficult to make while you can make a coilgun by going to the store.

Although, in this case gauss works better since you're just speeding up something that is already moving. Gives it the edge over normal weaponry in an age when you're trying to slam through plasma shields.

This has inspired me to experiment with random things in my house. All I need is some wire, a tube, a battery, and a charged object. For a coilgun that is.
  13. KnightCole

EM6 is the short-mid range murderer of the NC. It does more dmg then the EM1, but fires faster then the NC6 and combines all the nice features of both guns to create a weapon of mass death. Its a nice balanced version of both of those guns. But maybe the EM1 fits you best. I hate 143 dmg guns... Auraxium on the EM1? nice btw.

About the only thing I lose to with my EM6 is when im solo against a MAX suit or a shotgun smokes me in the face. Oh, and the Sirius SX12 and a few of the SMGs. But for the most part, im able to drop 2-3 guys in 1 go before a 4th guy kills me.....my HP tend to run out by that time. But 1v1, I can do that all day and win 7/10 of the fights.
  14. Hawkerased

The EM1 is worthless.
  15. Mxiter

143/652 weapons have just the poorest DPS of all "standard" weapons without generally no bonuses.
    At least low ROF 167 weapons have better COF (at least while standing still) and less damage degradation.

Just the NS ones worth because of the ADS move speed mult and them accuracy.
    Exeptions:
    -solsticte SF & equinox fot the attachements.
    -Auto Sout rifle fot those that didn't bought SMG's for them infiltrator.

Then :
    -CME
    -Polaris
    -T5AMC
    -T32
    -T16
    -EM1

Are lacking of DPS at close range and are weak at long range by the damage degradation and 143 weapons bad accuracy => wothless.
  16. NiteJazz

Pick a faction:
    NC:slow ROF, Best Damage
    VS: Medium ROF, medium damage
    Tr: Fast ROF, worst damage.

If your gonna complain about a gun for a faction that is supposed to have a slow ROF, change factions.
  17. Sirez

Geez, I see threads like this all the time. Different people complain about different guns just like different people do well with different guns. That's kind of the whole point; diversity. This sounds like the same argument people make constantly about the CME being "bad". The CME isn't "bad" you're just not "good" with it. It's the same story with the EM1. The EM1 is more in-line with TR weapons than it is NC weapons, but most people go into it with the mentality that it's going to be a faster firing version of the heavy hitting NC weapons, and that just isn't the case. I do just fine on a regular basis with the EM1 and it's actually my weapon of choice for fighting inside as NC when I play HA. Hell, I've killed people at longer ranges with it when I'm forced to do so. It's not exactly ideal or efficient, but it's doable. I put the adv. laser on it just for funsies and I'll be damned if it doesn't actually work, and I personally think it's hilarious how much of a "point-and-forget" weapon it becomes.

I feel like too many people rely on hard numbers instead of just grabbing the damn thing and practicing with it. Is it the weakest of the NC LMGs? Likely. Doesn't mean it's crap. But hey, if you wanna kill someone in two or three shots then you should probably stick with the default SAW.
  18. Chubrokoli

I'm not complaining that the weapon needs to be like other faction LMGs but it needs at least more damage.

When i'm using a Orion i own everything, hipfire with TR/VS weapons is just much better than with NC weapons and thats the problem, we have no real hipfire LMG with high accuarcy, they are only good for medium-high ranges.
    It wouldn't matter if we have good MAX shotguns and better shotguns after all but also those weapons suck.
    All in all its a faction trait.

Compared to TR's only high range LMG, it seems to be a cheap imitate of the EM6.
    Like the EM1 is a even cheaper imitate like a TR weapon.

Also one thing did you see that ALL NC weapons have lower bullet speed than VS/TR weapons.
    Doesnt it have to be the fastest bullet speed because of Gauss-technology?
  19. NiteJazz

Lol, then save up for nanoweave armor. I use the MSW-R and it has the same stats as the Carv but slower muzzle velocity. I own with that weapon. You guys have the Guass saw, what other weapon would you need?
  20. Adept

Depends on chambering and the amount of energy spent and the size of individual bullets. Even if the bullet would just had a maximal travel range of 10m the naming of 'gauss' would still apply. Truth to be told.. I've been expecting huge mobile reactors that would boost weapon efficiency and also visible micro power plants instead of backpacks when I've 1st read weapon descriptions - prior my 1st time of logging in. :)