Well thrown over 600 pumpkins so far, no mount.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by The_Real_Wurm, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Although it is fun to have the new improved awesome raid level ultra rare mount, Baktor the Voracious, the previous common drop mount, Kartob, seemed more in the spirit of Nights of the Dead. Many folks would just like the appearance mount for low level "for fun" alts. Maybe you could consider putting Kartob back in as a prize at fun drop rate to ease the frustration levels and give a mount to folks that don't care about the stats as much as the appearance and fun of having the mount. Folks that want the ultra rare mount can toss pumpkins for the next year hoping for the upgrade!
    We alt-o-holics paid for extra slots to have a cute army to run for festivals and what not. It is good to reward us for our spending!
  2. Jaenis Member

My wife and I played with DayBreaks RNG for 3 hours and over 4500 bombs thrown...no mount...

Now..DayBreak can play with OUR RNG...

... and it says....they do not get paid this month (canceled subs) ... and probably not next month....and there is an Ultra rare chance we might purchase another expansion... just saying...
    Tedrenna, Crastinal, Eltee and 8 others like this.
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No not really.
    Crastinal likes this.
  4. Tillamook Member

Seems like a waste of time to even bother doing.. Probably not going to as I would rather play the game and not throw pumpkins around. Probably in a month or two they will offer it for sale anyway. I like the game but sometimes some of the events they do really don't make it worth the while to participate in them. Thanks for trying though..
    ConcealFate and Griffon Lady like this.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I don't mind throwing them to help others get their pulping achievements, but I ran out of candy corn after spending the 1800 I had.

I have the pony out getting more, but I'm not really expecting to get the mount.

And I'm a bit tired of them adding insane RNG numbers to things that are supposed to be fun.

The mount should have been an achievement reward for throwing a set amount of pumpkins, hell they could have made it 2000 pumpkins, it is easier to work towards a goal than having to deal with rolling the dice and not getting anything.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Exactly! Heck, I was okay with the original version (kartob) and fully agree with the people who are asking he be added back or some other version as a statless mount that isn't so insanely rare. All I'm after is the looks anyway.
  7. Gracey Well-Known Member

Over 900 thrown - what a waste of candy. No mount. So terribly frustrating - I quit with trying to find it.
  8. Majesty Active Member

Heck, pretty please put an appearance mount back in! I'm bags full of that stupid urn. I'm right with the rest of everybody on it. I don't expect great stat one.:( I'm going to go try to earn something reasonable for this event!
  9. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Ah c'mon guys...... we can at least ask for Kartob with 15 resolve. It's not that out of line with the mount most already have and won't be totally useless when we buy collector's edition of the new expac............;)

Folks that had pumpkins stored up got Kartob fairly easily. Sadly I only bothered with one toon as I figured I would get it with the alts during the festival........ Silly me! However, since there were quite a few Kartobs introduced into the system, it seems unfair to deprive folks that were waiting for the festival or had not heard the chatter and obtained some pumpkins to get Kartob before the event started!
    Griffon Lady, Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I 100% support putting in an appearance mount. I'm gonna be smashing pumpkins for the achievement myself. If, gods forfend, the mount falls, is it tradeable? 'Cause I'd be GLAD to give it to Loco so he'll quit complaining.
    Griffon Lady and Prissetta like this.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

@ Katz considering they want to get us ready for the next expac... I don't see anything wrong with them adding a good mount right at the end of this one that everyone can get without throwing thousands of pumpkins.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, it's not tradeable. It's No-Trade.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

But Cat Levels : \aACH 1803535313:Look What the Cat Dragged In\/a
    :)
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Where is that room? My sister sent me a picture a while back, but I haven't been there yet. Looking at the pic, it's Crypt of Dalnir Ritual Chamber, I guess the heroic.

Spoiler pic incoming!
    [IMG]
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yay, the cat room!

I got there by heading into a Dalnir heroic zone on my bruiser and taking a friend with me...once there, I started a duel and used my Drag on them and >>poof<< they were punted to the cat room. They called me to them so I could see the <ahem> unique wallpaper (and then we round-robined our various alts and some other friends, because it was too funny not to share :p).

(If I remember right, we didn't even have to kill anything, just zone in, duel, drag. It's been a while, though, so my ogre memory may be a bit fuzzy.)
    Griffon Lady and Prissetta like this.
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

To get this back on topic...

1200 pumpkins thrown so far - 0 mounts
  17. Drazk New Member

I just ticked over 9000 pumpkins thrown. 0 mounts.

That makes the drop rate below 0.0001%
    Tekka and Ceyllynn like this.
  18. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that deserves respect, pity, or an intervention.
  19. Sharann Well-Known Member

So they make people doing the same thing over and over again for thousands of times? This is beyond stupid, whatever the reward may be. This is hell, not fun.

If that's a sign of the next expansion I'm extremely concerned.
    Tedrenna, GrunEQ, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  20. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I have to line up in a horribly short line of Baktor owners after a ridiculously low number of 110 bombs thrown

good luck all!
    /squeaky wheel gets greased