Warfields (PVP Server Only)

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Olihin, May 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-NightStalker1985 Guest

Warfields was a great idea and I commend Sony in making the large step in implementing it, but few problems arose.

1) Require PvP Kills to determine the coin rewards..

-- To many Q's run around the towers just trying to stay alive for their free 15tokens. Also to many 90's just sit in towers on multiple accounts just to get free tokens. Make multiple account users EARN their free 15 tokens at least instead of afk in tower.

2) During war fields require in combat run speed = 0% or a flat rate

-- We got to many q's circling towers for free 15 tokens instead of participating in warfields events.

3) Running from combat should result in be'in evac'd out of the zone or a penalty against the rewards..

-- Running from combat and still getting 15 tokens for winning, I believe if you run from fights you should get penalized in some way at least during war fields. this is a event and lets all play.

4) Finally - Prevent Q/Exile GM's/Guide's to force a reload of zone / rerun patcher.

-- They using this way to often in very few chances FP's might win, this is a form of cheating, and should be strict on this and not brush it off like its lagged out / restart zones. (most of the time it's not)

~Your friendly Sniiperr, just voicing my opinions in perfecting first release of Warfields~
  2. ARCHIVED-Pheromone Guest

Anybody else having trouble understanding what he's talking about here? it's not very clear.....
  3. ARCHIVED-BlueEternal Guest

He thinks GM's intentionally crash the zone when their character/faction is losing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xaviour Guest

Warfield is a great concept. It is obviously really rough around the edges and some things need to be fixed and / or changed. Here i have started a list of my own personal suggestions.
    1 The lag needs to fixed. I would propose utilizing all zones in eq2 to spread out the pvp. Certain zones should only be for certain tiers. An example would be to only allow T9 players to participate in the CL / ANT warfields. Any other tier besides T9 in that zone would recieve no tokens PERIOD while the warfield is going on, even from writs. This would eleminate the leechers. If you were T5 lets say you would fight over Lavastorm & Everfrost and that would be the only place you could earn tokens in any form while the warfield is active. You could still pvp where ever and recieve tokens via writs whilst warfield isnt active for the 2 hr cool down in between warfields.
    2 Here's 2 of my proposed options for the towers. A. Make a 75 - 100m capture area. Kind of like in battlegrounds smugglers den. It would be "wild" smugglers den. Set the warfield to be timed. Give us like 1 hour to fight over the 3 or 4 towers and the team with the most points wins. Eliminate the ability to score points by killing ofcourse. Points would be earned strictly off of who controls the tower(s). Also every tower woud give a small buff to the players who are within a certain distance of said tower. tbh idk what the buff should be / do, but it should benefit the defending players of that tower in some way. Not saying make it stupid OP or something...
    My second idea for the towers is make each tower itself attackable.. make the tower epic and have alot of HP. Take awhile to kill it. This idea could be fun. Give a time limit and if the towers arent destroyed by the end, the defending team wins.
    3 Fix the token issue where some recieve none and others recieve 15.
    these are my suggestions.
    Regards, Xav
  5. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Teufell wrote:
    While I'm annoyed when I don't get tokens it is the lesser of the issues from my perspective. Btw, the only times I actually HAVE gotten them were when I was right inside the last tower when the match ended. I think that's happened..erm...twice? All the others I received none.
    Regardless, I've pretty much always been able to get at least one regular writ done and in some cases a mass of writs.
    First and foremost, the lag is horrid and needs to be corrected. Even last night in the CL when I was far away from a tower just doing some harvesting the lag was bad.
    Also, constantly being badly outnumbered by Qs is getting old. There needs to be a way to try to keep the balance at least in the ballpark of fair in a structured event like the warfields are.
  6. ARCHIVED-Omgidomms Guest

Azian@Everfrost wrote:
    I think warfield was designed and playtested with a set of 50 vs. 50 players, all neatly balanced..

There was a warfield in CL just now, there was 40-50 q's vs. none at the west fp tower.. We all know from the kp zerg that numbers mean alot when the lag is horrible, why bother building on this idea? :\
    Warfield balance solution idea
    Once a warfield is won, the next time it starts the losing faction has some sort of +5 buff while the winning faction got a opposite -5 buff. If the winning faction wins again the buff will be +\- 10 next time, and +\- 15 there after. When a losing faction wins, the buff goes down 5 points in the next match.
    This buff should be so it's very hard to win with the buff at max (cap's 30 or something), making it harder for one faction to keep winning all the time.
    If the q's keep owning warfields with numbers, the buff should balance out the number problems.
  7. ARCHIVED-alabama Guest

Went and tried another wf last night after the "fixes" were announced.
    The lag is completely unplayable still for anyone without a supercomputer.
    I would lag my way through the zone praying the masses would appear before i was dead. It never happened.
    After about the 5th time i died before any people rendered i called back. Was absolutely zero fun for me.
    Your "fix" fixed nothing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

got a reward last night, for the first time... that makes my count like 1 of 22..
    I have a fast enough machine I'm >100 fps most everywhere in the game, and the lag is... incredible.. unplayable, awful..
  9. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

15min buff that runs out and isnt easly replaced when you are killing what actually gives you the buff. Not a great idea.
    For instance you are on offensive, you start attacking a tower guard. When you run up you get the buff, well if you kill all the guards and your buff expires you are screwd if you cant find another tower with a guards to refresh your buff before they are all destroyed.
    If you help kill the tower guards you should get a 30min buff to ensure people who help kill never get screwed out of tokens they helped to win.
    Make the tower give the buff and not the guards, this is why so many people are getting screwed out of tokens.
  10. ARCHIVED-baldwinboy3 Guest

Warfields and Open world pvp is what kept me from quiting eq2 pre gu56 and it is what is keeping me here now in hopes the lag is fixed. I tried the WF 4 times and no tokens to count. I am there at the start and end of wf and not always at tower because sometimes you are chasing down that pvp runner! i should get token from wf because i did my part.
    I will continue to farm and not play eq2 so much till this is worked out.
  11. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

Two issues that need to be fixed in regards to Warfields.
    1) It needs to be made so players can not lock encounters with tower guardians. Almost every Warfield I have been a part of people have locked with a guardian and made it impossible or anyone else to attack it. They are then usually without the knowledge of how to unlock it or ambivalent as to what is going on. Then of course there is the exploit associated with locking down towers which I think would be obvious.
    2) It is nice to have a spell effect shown for the flagging, but we need to be able to refresh it. For example, if the siege lasts the entire 30 mins and you are flagged with between 15-17 minutes left in the match, your flag will expire before the match ends and you have no way of getting re-flagged. Also even if it runs out with a few mins left where you could theortically get re-flagged you may be out chasing pvp and unable to return in time to get flagged again. Personally I'm finding myself intentonally trying to avoid towers until there are less then 15 mins left in the battle so I don't have to worry about it expiring, which is not the way it should be.
  12. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

alabama wrote:
    "Fix" made it much, much, much worse with everybody zoning in who is online at the
    5 min. marker for freebies, but usually for naught as the zone crashes 90% of the time.
    Lag has nothing to do with your computer, its the server "button" lag, it was up to 22 seconds for me from hitting a CA to when it went off.
    Ill avoid the sarcasm, and do appreciate trying to get pvp back open world- but cl/ant simply will not work with every tier and all the resources currently in the zone.
    A guildy had a decent idea- move wf to a different zone, smaller, less stuff in it, and just have 2 towers. Same zone could be defended by q's , then freeps right after every 4 hrs or whatever.
    Mara would be good fun, lotsa diff terrain and buildings to joust and move about and etc.....
  13. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

Oh ya, whatever zone it is in needs to be either instanced by tier, or preferably unlimited like kp was. If you want to play wf's, play end game with the big boys :). At least in KP, low lvl noob zergers participated at their peril.
    WF PVP should be perilous if you arent max lvl dammit!!
  14. ARCHIVED-EndevorX Guest

Alazarz@Nagafen wrote:
    Decent brainstormage brah. ;D lol. o_O

And, will there ever be code implemented to ensure tokens are rewarded in the event of a crash, a la "Automatically accepted quest reward" functions?

Is splitting Commonlands and Antonica into multiple instances coming soon or has that been pushed back further? ;P Hehehehe.
  15. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

" Make a 75 - 100m capture area. Kind of like in battlegrounds smugglers den"
    Now thatsa REALLY good idea.
  16. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

skylancer wrote:
    course it would have to be unlimited pvp for the capture idea to work.
  17. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

I just "participated" in the 3pm pacific CL warfields, and i hereby recind any and all of my nice and/or non-sarcastic comments.
    I zoned in with 15 min remaining and had 12 second chat/button lag at 62 fps, by the time it ended it was up to 3 min 47 second chat/button lag still at 62fps, i got 4 pvp kills and NOTHING EVER RENDERED. No tokens of course (had detrimental but it took 4 minutes to pop up). then of course the zone imploded.
    This is a complete failure, just drop warfields till you implement one of the MANY fixes that have been posted here by long time players.
    You really shouldnt leave something up that is a big a cluster as this is. It reflects very poorly on everyone at soe associated with eq2 imo.
  18. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

skylancer wrote:
    Essentially the same deal at the 8PM Pacific Commonlands WF. All the towers rendered, so that was cool. Lots of players too. I chased players around - most Qeynos players in my level range just did laps around the towers making it impossible to catch them because they would stop moving, then reappear 25 yards away because lag happens when there are that many people in the zone and always will. I did manage to kill one player. Not sure he ever realized what was happening.
    My Chaos Flag detrimental wore off ... it was too late in the event and thus did not get reapplied. One more large cup of jack squat for me. Soooo glad I decided to give them another try.
  19. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

This has gone from really really bad.. .to unspeakable. Yea great .. they have a flag that shows you that your going to get reward, but it wears off after 15 mins. I have seen numerous people get screwed, who were in zone from the time the towers popped to the time the event was over, and because of the damn 15 min flag (which can not be refreashed untill it wears off) they get screwed out of tokens.

And yes... here we go.. the massive lag... I seriously had 2 min lag going on. This has gone way beyond stupid and frankley I say just do away with warfields. They are not going to fix this and frankley its unfair to a good majority of the pvp population. I say just bump up the reward for pvp writs, something like 10 tokens or something to get people to pvp.

Dont take this like I dont want warfields to be a sucess... just frankley.. SoE will not do what needs to be done to make them successful.
  20. ARCHIVED-mrsmall Guest

Warfields have moved location - For all LVL 90 PVP please direct yourself to WFP.
    Please disable Warfields until you sort out the lag - it is a waste of time.
    Took my alt 3 mins to zone into WC in commonlands last night - but hey - All working as intended - NEXT !!!!!!!!!