Warfields (PVP Server Only)

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Olihin, May 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-z029036 Guest

maybe it was said already but I dont want to read 20 pages.
    ADD into zone timers a count down to when the event will start and what zone its currently running if any for warfields.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Eboncross@Nagafen wrote:

That would be a very handy feature, as chats were flooded with people asking if WF started, and where and what, etc.
    From another thread, here's a great place to add in the timers:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-SilentLucidity Guest

Olihin wrote:
    It's a great starter explination, but now that it's live, I'm sure you know it's very buggy?
    Are there actual rules or guidelines to being awarded tokens? I have been there and just sat and did nothing and got 15 tokens and then did the same and got none.
    I have been there and killed enough to complete a writ and got tokens, and then been there and killed enought to complete a writ and got nothing at the end... I'm assuming that this is just bugged atm?
    If there is a ruleset though, is there a place to post that so everyone can see it without going on Forums?
    Is there really a zone timer like someone put at the end of this topic? I have not seen it yet
    Anyway, its fun and catching on, but people are getting frustrated about the token reward being inconsistant, hope you guys fix it quick before people lose interest... 15 tokens still seems a bit much with the low cost of gear IMO, but oh well
    Thanks for all you guys do to make such a great game for us!
    Veg
  4. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

Olihin wrote:
    Your kidding right????? Please tell me you are. Im sorry but why wait and try and "optimize" the zone AFTER you release the update?????? And as for working as it should.... I have participated in 5 warfields events.. the first one I was awarded 15 tokens for running around in circles for 30 mins. The last 4 I was awarded nothing and I fought my butt off.

So I you mean that we should all stand around and look at each other would be the terms for " working properly " WoW.. just... WoW.
  5. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

I am actually quite suprised to see so few posts about the issues with warfields.... Lag is one thing.. but a lot of people are getting screwed with the tokens. Spending so much time just to be awarded nothing is getting really .. really annoying.
  6. ARCHIVED-MindFury Guest

I think the idea is excellent. Great way to get some open world pvp going on all across the tiers..if it worked.

I went out every 2 hours yesterday starting at 1pm est. I stopped around 5am est. Out of those times..I received tokens 4x. 4..I completed writs, got tokens for that..we'd win...NO TOKENS. We'd head to the next one..it'd crash, glitch, no towers would pop..at the end of 30 mins, NO TOKENS. We'd zone to the next..we'd win...NO TOKENS...We'd zone to the next, pvp and kill towers for 25 mins, wow go figure, it crashed, 5 mins before timer was up....log back in. NO TOKENS. NO TOWERS. NO NADA. We'd zone to the next....wow go figure, it crashed...log back in. NO TOWERS..NO TOKENS. See the pattern here?..know how frustrating it is to spend 30 mins in a laggy as heck zone, unable to get crap to cast, just to win and get jack squat for it? VERY.
    I log in today..excited to pvp and battle it out in lag central havin fun with warfields. WRONG. The first 2 rounds, the towers didn't even pop...when they finally did...I completed 2 writs, got tokens for that...but at the end of the 30 mins NO TOKENS go freaking figure.

I can not believe that in all the time this has been getting worked on, that it made it past test with these issues...they can't be something that just suddenly cropped up going live....

Again I stress this is an excellent idea, but pushing it through with these issues is a great way to frustrate ppl enough they don't even bother with it, and eventually it dies off...combine the laggy as crap zones, with no tokens and you're really pushing ppl's tolerance to the max.

I also feel it was very bad form to push something through, without stating clearly just what is required to win/get tokens. You create these warfields, push em live, and it seems no one has a clue as to what is required other than defending statues, or killing statues...very lousy communication.

Please fix these soon...I would really like to enjoy this..rather than say screw it and stick with bgs with blue's who have no clue how to pvp/win.
  7. ARCHIVED-Knytta Guest

MindFury wrote:
    I played on test copy and did warfields but the big problem on test copy was that there simply was not enough people interested in PvP to properly test warfields. The most people at a warfield test when I was present was 8 I think, I got tokens all the times so it may have something to do with the # of players. Now how to properly test PvP stuff with a limitied playerbase is a problem worth a thread of its own.
  8. ARCHIVED-Leko Guest

The idea for a zone timer that counts down to the next event is great. If we can not get that could we get a "Spy" NPC in each of the two zones that when haild can say some thing like " My sources tell me the enemy will attack in 45 minutes"
  9. ARCHIVED-baldwinboy3 Guest

Leko I like that idea a lot! At the very least you should be able to do /Warfields and no matter where you are it will tell you 45 min Antonica or 45 min Commonlands.
  10. ARCHIVED-MindFury Guest

So I bother to do these warfields three times today....guess what..NOT ONE FREAKIN' TOKEN. Again. Is there some super secretive way to get tokens? I mean really?...I was out..full 30 mins. I killed freeps, I helped kill "towers/guardians" I ran in and outta the darn towers repeatedly, I completed writs (got my 5 tokens for that when I did) yet when it came time for win or lose (all wins cuz the freeps were suckin' pretty bad) I received NO TOKENS. I'm growin' ever more annoyed with this. So please, do inform me of this super secretive way to obtain tokens for wins/loses as it seems to be eluding my grasp since you all claim over and over and over and over IT'S WORKING AS INTENDED. If by that you mean, you don't intend to award EVERYONE tokens on wins/loses, just SOME PEOPLE...then alrightie...guess it's a roll of the dice on who's gonna get em? This really how you planned it? Eanie Meanie Miney Moe huh..great plan. Round of duck duck goose anyone? let's see what lucky folks get tokens next round WOO WOO !! *rolls her eyes*
  11. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

Somehow we just lost in Ant but we still had 2 towers standing...
    I got 5 tokens and so did 2 other people in my group, but the other 2 who had been at the event, with me the whole time, got nothing.
    Way to go. Another great idea, implemented horribly.
  12. ARCHIVED-MindFury Guest

Just completed the ant warfield..in and outta the sq tower the entire time, killed a cpl freeps, finished my pvp writ, got those 5 tokens, got none for the win for warfields...SOE are u noticing what I'm saying here...over and over...it's the same thing....UR WARFIELDS ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY FIX THEM PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have had enough with 30 mins in lag central to end up with jack squat.
  13. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

Ok.. update. Just did the Warfields in Ant. Like the post before we won but again I got no tokens and I even made sure that I kept running in and out of the tower. I also logged on a second account and parked a toon right inside the guardian inside the tower only bringing him out 2 times to fight. Guess what ... he got nothing.

So lesson of the day. Warfields are an EPIC FAIL!! Being this was such a wonderful idea it actually bugs me more than just about anything SOE has ever done.
  14. ARCHIVED-asaron Guest

I got a good long rope if somone knows of a tall tree to string these devs up in!
  15. ARCHIVED-Olihin Guest

Greetings,
    I have made the following changes that will reduce some of the issues we are having at this time during the Warfield events. The changes will not likely be affecting live until after the holiday weekend. I just want to make you aware of what is being changed based on your feedback and please do not hesitate to provide more information should I have missed it.
    (PvP) Items
    • The Vintage Wares, Scion of War items have been updated to be used by both Good and Evil aligned clients.
    • The items shared by Battleground merchants and Open PvP merchants do not require a city alignment for use.
    • Players should now be able to use their Most Wanted Posters in combat once the reuse time has passed

(PvP) Quests
    • Players should now be able to complete the Learning the Path, PvP Tutorial Quest by speaking the Scion of War, Vintage Wares merchant
    • You may no longer complete more then one writ

(Population) PvP
    • You may now obtain PvP writs in Halas by speaking to the Writ Giver near the monk trainer in Halas.

(PvP) Warfields
    • Antonica and Commonlands have had their population count reduced and a new instance will spawn once the number is reached.
    • The new instance will also start the timer for a Warfield in that zone.
    • A new spell effect will now let you know if you will be rewarded for participation in the Warfields.
    • You gain the effect by reporting to one of the towers during the event.
    • The effect will cease being distributed 2 minutes prior the event timer ends.
    • Additional detriments have been added to the Tower Guardian defense shields that affect those under level 9.
    • Towers will now display correctly in each zone regardless of distance and setting.
    I thank you all for your patience and understanding!
    Olihin
  16. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

Olihin wrote:

/sigh It is what I feared you guys would do.. but what can you expect from SOE... To all those people I spent years defending what SOE does.. I am sorry and ... I was wrong. You were right SOE can not do anything right.

I am going to call my shot right now.... one issue that comes to mind is.. group of people zone into the warfields and gets split up.... people flood one zone so they can get tokens. or .. say the limit is 100 people in zone before another is created.... ok.. say 95 q's zone into the first one and only 5 freeps.. I am sorry.. but that is not fun in any way.
    Olihin.. I am sorry because I am not the type of person to call someone out unless I have to.. but this is terrible... out right terrible and is just another step in screwing up a killer idea you guys had... seriously... put some kind of effert into this..
  17. ARCHIVED-Graves85 Guest

Schizophrenik@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    There isn't going to be a Limits, its no different then kp1,2,3,4,5. If half your group is in Ant 1 and half in Ant 2, you can just click your buddies and swap zones. Also as long as both zones have a solid population both will be available from the list. Its when zones become small the option to zone goes away.
  18. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

Ok.. I am sorry but I am one of those people when something gets under my skin I have to get it all out....

Olihin, why.... why can you guys not set up warfields to be a event that is restricted by tier????? really.... its the single best answere... and give people a chance to enjoy the idea of warfields. It solves the lag issues.... creates participation in pvp.. and everyone is freaking happy.

I dont know much about programming games and such but what I do know is creating multiple zones isnt the answere. Note even close. Everyone will still end up in the same zone just like they did in KP. KP 1.... 200 people.. KP 2...... 5 people, KP 3 ... 1 person.

Come on SOE... you guys are on the verge of making all this right.... dont take the cheap quick fix way out of this.... do this right for once.....PLEASE...
  19. ARCHIVED-Anwynn Guest

Kaita@Nagafen wrote:
    Yea I understand that you can click from one zone to the next.. its like you said.. kp 1,2,3 ect.. only this time everyone will flock to the zone with the best chance at sucess ..... IE zone with fewest freeps to contest the tower... Again its a terrible idea and will only further screw this up. Oh and the zone doesnt go away as long as there is atleast one person in that zone so......
  20. ARCHIVED-MindFury Guest

I still want to know the super secret way to get these darn tokens. So we're going to have it even more idiotic by making mulitple zones n blah blah blah ....ok great whatever....how about the reason folks are actually bothering with this. the darn tokens. Out of 5 attempts to warfield it up today. I managed to get tokens 2x. I ran in and outta the towers, I hailed the stupid guardians, I killed freeps and updated writs, I never roamed further than 10 feet radius from the stupid tower, I got tokens twice out of 5x doing the same exact thing all 5 freakin' times. Care to tell me what determines whether I get tokens or not???? rather tired of this crap. Stop wasting our damn time. Give us a straight forward answer on what the heck determines who's getting tokens. I've seen ppl zone in and stand there for 45 seconds and they announce they get em. I'm there the entire time, doing everything I can think of, and I get nothing, others get nothing. Either clue us in on whatever we're missing that's causing us not to get them, or fix whatever bug/glitch is causing it. Stop telling us it's working as intended. Out of about 25 warfield runs I've now gotten tokens 6x. 6 freakin' times. 30 mins of dealing with lag central, lucky to get a cpl ca's/spells/cures off, and end up with NOTHING, has gotten old now.