Warfields (PVP Server Only)

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Olihin, May 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-baldwinboy3 Guest

i agree with above poster
  2. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Prophet629 Guest

First, i would like to honestly commend soe for attempting to improve pvp, and i think bg, wf are the right steps..To further improve WF, I think.. and i could easily be reiterating someone elses posts ..
    Game Play - Make a queue based on tiers(everyone can still participate at one time, but this will just make it more organized and fair). Once Q gets relatively full, then start it. yes.. just like bg, But in open world, and separated by factions (small bonus pts to lessar populated teams). Every wf ive seen always capped the 100 people mark. so people are participating regardless of how bad they think it is. which ties into reward
    Reward - this is a real issue.. incentives are a crucial to making this work. right now really no incentives to fight, rather to zone in, and sit it out to collect 5tokens win or lose.. 10v5 tokens? much better.
    Objective.. the 4 tower system is bleh. smugglers den is my fav bg, and i think it can be effective in the open world. Another idea? a simple one? death count? faction to be killed a number of times or the most in 20minutes losses? each zone should have faction advantages. One more idea..i always imagined this mmo war to be more coragueous like a scene from lord of the rings or something.. why not have it like that? invade a castle to capture something? use strategically placed walls with hit points to funnel battles and so speedy toons cant run past other toons to capture a flag?
    history - in other words a board with stats and accomplishments...after all fame (any kind faction individual group guilsd based fame)is nice and to me provides some satisfaction.