Warfields (PVP Server Only)

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Olihin, May 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Olihin wrote:
    /waves hand This isn't the update we were looking for

:p

Joking aside, I'd really love to hear about WFs in all the CL/ANT instances to avoid regularly being locked out. Perhaps an update on the chaos flag bugs too? I know, I know, give an inch and I'll take a mile. Thanks for the very regular feedback.
  2. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

* All eligible players will be rewarded equally for participation in the Warfields.
    But in theory that wasn't this the case before. What exactly does this mean has been changed? Something about the Chaos Flag so that players should more consistently receive the reward? Players on both sides get the same # of tokens (surely not)? Something wholly different?
  3. ARCHIVED-Teufell Guest

Cant say all is sorted but that seems to be some good changes Ohlihin

Cheers
  4. ARCHIVED-EQ2Player Guest

Of my last 8 Warfield events -- No Tokens. The Warfield happened in a different instance while everyone sat there at the door spamming to try and get into the "right one"

I finally got into Commonalands 1 today thinking OK finally I get to participate. 10 minutes into the thing, no towers and folks shout that it is in CL2 -- Which is full.

So turn the damn crap off till everyone can get an oportunity to participate or fix it so every instance gets towers/rewards. What a fiasco
  5. ARCHIVED-zyllith Guest

Umm, or just camp CL 1 or Ant 1, whichever you prefer. It is guaranteed to have an event every 4 hrs, so you are guaranteed to be able to participate every 4 hrs ... it may be an inconvenient time at the 4 hr mark or may be boring the other 3h 55m in the zone, but you will be guaranteed not be be locked out at the 4 hr mark ...
    When you're raiding a named that doesn't spawn every 5 min that's the same thing you do -- sit down and wait for however long it takes for the named to pop. If you don't want to wait then you give up your chance of spawing the named, simple as that. Here you're just waiting for the WF to pop instead of a named ...
  6. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

EQ2Player wrote:
    It'd the same thing if you turned it on in every instance simultaneously. All the Freeps would clamor to go to 1, the Qs could split up between 2 & 3. Only difference would be that both sides would win the event every time. Maybe that's what he means by "All eligible players will be rewarded equally for participation" Everybody wins.
  7. ARCHIVED-bigdaddyt59 Guest

Olihin wrote:
    So you get tokens for losing to?

With the terrible lag currently experiances all the time on nagafen, is there a point to do anything other then sit afk in zone and collect tokens?

Have you fixed the exploit enabling people to finish 5+ writs at a time?

do you play this game?
  8. ARCHIVED-ScubaEtte Guest

Olihin wrote:
    so are you getting rid of the way the q's are getting 30 tokens instead of the 15 on the vox server. when the Lagfields are over they are getting double dings and recieving 30 tokens. this is only been going on since the release of your Lagfields
  9. ARCHIVED-Nemas Ravenor Guest

Oh hey... I love that posters now have 20 charges and you can refresh them every 5 minutes. So while you guys are at it, can you go ahead and make Discord tokens Heirloom so that I can share them with every toon I own so that they can all have free PVP gear... and then can you make them tradeable so I can give them to all of my friends and family? And after that let's just make it so you can sell them on the broker. Thanks to the basic laws of supply and demand they should cost about 10 Silver each and I can just buy gear for my whole guild.
    Yay! Can't wait.
    Awesomeness.
  10. ARCHIVED-zyllith Guest

Update from the casual PvP'er ...

OK, to review: although I'm on Nagafen I *always* avoided PvP, like the majority of casual players -- it's no fun being a token factory, and even with MC gear and Masters/ A3's I could have the strategy and tactics of SunTzu to no effect: I'm stunned, rooted and dispatched. Much fun, and always made getting past the bands of Freeps clustered at the EL dock a gauntlet; at least I could respawn away from them. SS was the same thing when it was a waypoint, there were always Freeps shapechanged into bears crowding the carpet, forcing Q's out of immunity and again stunned, rooted and dispatched. This isn't PvP, it's token harvesting and as the harvestee it wasn't fun. Under the old system my chances of getting comparable gear was nil and so I simply avoided those times and places where PvP happened -- not exactly what Olihin and the PvP dev's are looking to hear.
    Now, with WF's, I'm able to build up my toons very quickly to gear that is survivable in PvP -- even better, the main people benefitting from the flood of tokens are the very people like me who *don't* have the overmatched PvP gear. The result is that now my toons are able to not only survive the stun/ root/ nuke three button mash of the "veteran" PvP'ers but I'm actually winning some of these matches with toons that before had a lifetime of a few seconds. I'm able to develop my skills in BG's against various classes and am actually getting a handle on playing PvP rather than being simply slaughtered.
    As a result, I'm now spending a little time in EL and SS, doing a little PvP'ing in those areas -- I still get whacked pretty quickly, but the mere fact that I'm there at all should speak volumes at how these changes are affecting casual PvP'ers lime myself. I am seeing more and more Q's in those areas also, not just the "Overseer" and "General" and "UberLevelPvPGod" but people with "Hunter" and "Slayer" and lot's without titles.
    I'll say it again -- good job, Dev's! By flooding the market with tokens you've enabled casual players to outfit ourselves with gear that makes PvP viable for us; even better, because of the population differences I'm finding those same players who took such pleasure in farming casuals are now swarmed and killed the instant they enter a WF just as I recall being swarmed by Freeps at the EL docks ... the irony is, to say the least, satisfying!
    A few issues, to be expected, but again I'm very happy to be participating more and more in open-world PvP in EQ2!
  11. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Nemas Ravenor wrote:
    already done..
  12. ARCHIVED-BlueEternal Guest

Olihin wrote:
    They just keep making it easier and easier../facepalm. What happened to a sense of accomplishment in this game?
  13. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

Naroc@Nagafen wrote:
    I guess you're the wrong side. I feel pretty good when finishing a writ and manage to avoid being killed by the hoard of Qeynosian. Oh, and this hoard includes many of my former guildees who've defected for a greater sense of accomplishment, I suppose. ::cough cough::
  14. ARCHIVED-Valdar Guest

Olihin wrote:
    So why do we kill the towers if you get nothing for doing it.......?
  15. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Ssue@Nagafen wrote:
    lol - as long as the Qs retain certain annoying defectors on their side afterwards, it's a huge improvement for Freeport!
    The path to victory does appear to be pretty smooth for the growing numbers of Qs these days - currently the WF contests are often numbers-skewed in their favour such that they apparently can afford to come to the forums and moan about how easy it is for them with their constant flood of victory Tokens making pvp "boring".

Makes me question if the Mongol Empire back in their time also had a lot of whiners complaining to Genghis that their conquests were "too easy", and there was no longer any sense of accomplishment...
  16. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Phaust@Nagafen wrote:
    Plenty of players have missed out on hundreds of Tokens because of WF reward-flagging bugs, so why would this be any different?
  17. ARCHIVED-bigdaddyt59 Guest

Just when I think it is impossible to make current pvp even worse, you amaze me oilthin, hats off to you for really not knowing what you are doing.
  18. ARCHIVED-Valdar Guest

Putyo@Nagafen wrote:
    Sad but true...
  19. ARCHIVED-Nemas Ravenor Guest

Really, everything in this game has been too easy for the last few expansions. When you can level from 80-90 in an afternoon and then they give away gear for just showing up I think it is time for a complete reboot. Hell, TSO sucked but there isn't even anything like the Ethernaut quest to do in SF (although I anticipate a whole new Myth 2.0 questline to be introduced soon).
    But, after just a few weeks we've experienced everything SF has to offer and now all we have to look forward to is PVPing in one zone that is lagged out, or in Battlegrounds that isn't like playing Everquest at all (it's like going to an arcade to play EQ2 Shoot em Up).
    It's time to stop looking forward to going from 90-100, what we really need is Everquest 3. Give us a whole new world with all brand new content and a really slow level grind from 1-50 so we can experience all of the content from scratch all over again so we can actually enjoy playing this MMO.
    EQ2 is so 2000s.
  20. ARCHIVED-Edgard Guest

BUY NEW HOSTING SERVERS THIS IS TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLY LAGGY

/popcorn