Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Agee Member

do we need to put that deleted line back into lanchpad.ini ?
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

It should be set automagically.
    Awkk likes this.
  3. Lamatu Active Member

If anyone else still can not get in game or simply wants to retain their old login names and passwords you can do the following.

See if you have a file named LaunchPad.exe.bak in your EQ folder and if you do just rename in LaunchPadOLD.exe and run the game with that.

The patcher will function like normal unless Daybreak changes something to not allow the old patcher to run at some point.
  4. roger New Member

i dont have the option to have it on full download and btw its ******* dumb to have to check a box to play full download cause streaming is very x100000000000 dumb
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Glad to see that the DBG team got this fixed.

1) I should not have to follow social media to find about the game I play.

2) I'm happy I could help at least a few players, no need to download that file anymore since the fix.
    Awkk likes this.
  6. Strings Well-Known Member

Yes, twitter seems like an awful awful way to communicate with your users, especially since we were not told that twitter would be the main place for game information. I can understand posting in more than one location, but ONE of those locations should be the official forums for this game, and the forums should be checked at least once every couple of hours to see if there are masses of posts about a big problem. (disappointed face)
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Actually at the top of the forums there is a "staff posts tracker" and also the twitter feed does show up on the right side of the front page. It also has a drop down so you can see the different feeds it covers.

Another point is I've noticed any posts by them on the forums are being quickly passed by because of the overwhelming amount of messages from the TLE servers. Thus many developers posts are quickly being buried on page 2 or 3 of forums. I'd really like to see a fix for this. I'd also like to see a better way to here from devs here on the forums. :D
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

There was an update yesterday https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-tues-aug-18-7am-pdt.562843/ and this is apparently when the new launcher went live. A new launcher is not mentioned, though.

May I suggest that the above thread, as well as the Game Update Notes https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-august-18-2015.562848/ for this patch, WOULD HAVE BEEN AN IDEAL PLACE TO MENTION THAT A NEW LAUNCHER WAS GOING TO GO LIVE ON THIS PATCH, AND THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE-ENTER YOUR ACCOUNT/PASSWORD ON THIS NEW LAUNCHER?!!?

Because it is not mentioned in the Game Update Notes either. This is not a minor tweak, everyone has to use the launcher, every time they play.

Or do we have to check the front page, staff posts tracker, and all twitter feeds, every update from now on, in case there was something else important that was left out of the Game Update Notes for that patch?

I thought it was a hack, specifically because it was NOT mentioned in the Game Update Notes.

BTW I don't see a Twitter feed on the right side of the front page. I see an Official Facebook window with the last 5 posts, and a dropdown to show the last 10 or 15 posts. Is that what Moonpanther meant, or should I reconfigure my forum front page in some way? Or maybe we could just get all the game updates into the Game Update Notes and I could get back to the game? I dont want to have to fool around with Twitter and Facebook.
    SierraDawn and Strings like this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@ Awwk the timing of the launcher I don't think is with the scheduled update because I was able to update and actually play after the update, it was only when I went to switch accounts that I had to relaunch the launchpad and it didn't work. You mention it not being mentioned in update, well that makes sense, it's a launchpad update and it (of course let's you into the game) wasn't actual game play update. Also there's many many other things that are game play related that get fixed/changed and don't get mentioned in the updates.

Other than that, I do wish the launchpad changes/update had been more clearly announced.

Related note - I've been seeing people mention a "new launchpad" but mine still looks almost the same, the selection of region used to be on the upper left, it now shows as lower left. Is it a completely new look and I've somehow been able to play through the old one today?
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

Picky picky. It's important, we all use the launcher, there were a half dozen threads yesterday of panicked players unable to figure out the launcher, thinking that it was a hack, and you are splitting hairs about the definition of what the definition of is, is. The world would not end if launchpad changes were mentioned in the game play updates. As for minor changes not always being mentioned, sure, but this is not a minor change.

At the very least, the Game Update notes could have stated.."and also there is a change to the launcher being made today, but since it is technically not a part of game play, it is not described here. More information can be found at Holly's Twitter" followed by a link to that Twitter. Although I do not understand why a Twitter is a better place to announce a launcher change than the Game Update notes in the official forums. Isn't it better to put all changes in one place? I'm not mad at anyone, I just think that there would have been less panic yesterday if the info was in the first place that most of us probably looked.

And it did start yesterday, after the update, for everybody, and for just about everybody, it appears that the launcher worked normally the first time only, then the trouble started the second time the launcher was used, just like you say. So, what are you saying, that the launcher change was not a part of the update? Then, when was the launcher change made? There were no launcher problems before the update.

Give us a break, will ya?
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

<snipped for brevity>

Not being picky at all. When there is a general maintenance, we get that as a different news and announcement thread. The launcher update should have been a separate announcement (which at this point it is since there is a post now about it). The news and announcement was definitely a misstep since we were not given prior notice (at least on forums, I think).

I agree on the less panic if we'd only had easily available information.
  12. buhbanana New Member

I may have fixed it I dragged the failed download EQ2_setup.exe into winrar zipped it then unzipped it into a dir then it fixed it now its running directx patcher so mabie it will run this time........... DAYBREAK go back to work SONY changing company name does not get u out of doing work like checking to see if youre patcher works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........................
    Good luck people.
  13. buhbanana New Member

Hopefully this zipped then reunzipped fixed the failed download since its running instead of notihing I think the download server just has a bad file to download Again i had to use wayback machine to download GET SOMEONE TO TRY DOWNLOADING IT THEN using winrar zip it then unzip it then replace fixed file on youre servers so we can download it normaly thanks let us know if this fixed the problem boy i get lucky on these things.
  14. buhbanana New Member

now it says it cant connect Wthe huh is going on we cant download patcher and we cant play someone working at this place must do something I cant play and am having withdrawls everquest2.exe says does not match the server
    you had to be so concerned about sony whell the music came from sony so who cares!.
    fix it please.
  15. buhbanana New Member

1st off there are no users on my system I killed msoobe.exe so im the administrator anyway so that is a moot point and i am the only user on my system and thats not the problem the file on the server called EQ2_setup.exe is corupt and does not connect to the internet I dragged it into winrar and zipped it then unzipped it and it ran telling me the file is not complete cause it says cant connect to the internet witch means daybreak.com just has a bad launcher file and just has to replace the file WE as players download from the internet and replace it with known working file mabie this will fix it.
  16. buhbanana New Member

im the administrator anyway so that is a moot point and i am the only user on my system and thats not the problem the file on the server called EQ2_setup.exe is corupt and does not connect to the internet I dragged it into winrar and zipped it then unzipped it and it ran telling me the file is not complete cause it says cant connect to the internet witch means daybreak.com just has a bad launcher file and just has to replace the file WE as players download from the internet and replace it with known working file mabie this will fix it.[/quote]
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

SONY sold SoE to Columbus Nova. Columbus Nova changed the name to Daybreak. Sony has nothing to do with this company anymore, it is "under new management"
  18. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Try http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ2_setup.exe

Work's fine for me. Make sure your AV and/or Firewall isn't blocking it.
  19. Elinea Well-Known Member

Just because you're the only user and set up as the administrator, doesn't mean that you don't still have to "run as administrator" so you should still try that. You might be an administrator, but your computer is still going to set that exe as a read only file unless you run it as an administrator. It'll disable the read & execute. I just ran the install file myself on a separate hard drive to test it out, and it does work.
  20. Spock Active Member

did u try to validate assets also if there's a corrupt file on your system it should fix it.Launcher works fine here too,People are right also antivirus might be blocking it samething with firewall and if you don't right-click it and do run as an administrator it's a no no won't ever pass play.