Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Telden New Member

I take this back. It turns out that the game is now streamline downloading the whole dang client while I'm logged in trying to play. *Trying* being the operative word, since this download is eating up all my bandwidth.

I don't think this was at all thought out beforehand.
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

Ha now the launcher has a replacement look of currently undergoing maintenance. but forgot to put the red x on the page so we can close it. Lol thats ok just close it from Task Manager
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

All of that info has been reset. You must re-login and re-add your accounts. The only reason I knew this was because I follow Domino on Twitter.

Clearly. :) They didn't even mention on the EQ2 forums that a change was coming, so yeah.

But you need to go into Game Version and click "Full Download" and then close and reopen the browser.
    Awkk likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

5. Breanna Well-Known Member

@Feldon where do you find this Full download you speak of all I get is a drop down list of languages and test and beta
  6. Swigar Member

I love how Roshen said this was Launcher maintenance... and said it would not affect gameplay... but now I CANNOT get into the game.
    Moonpanther, Belenos and Feldon like this.
  7. Daddums Member

This worked sort of. The launcher launched and started as a streaming client. This wanted to pull down almost 17 GB of data and was extremely slow to load to toon in guild hall.

I had to go in to Select Game Version and recheck Full Download.
    It is now in the process of Preloading 6,532 M game assets which have taken used about 7 GB of data download so far. Fortunately I have a FIOS 35 MB connection.

It would be nice if you could just check the game version and revalidate the game assets instead of having to reload game assets.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. Agee Member

logons not accepted for few minutes there - just came back - may be a sign ?
  9. Nixer Active Member

Unable to log in ... The Launcher worked this morning. Now it clears my UID and tells me that after re-entering my UID/PWD that there was an error. Tried logging into the forums here and that works. Tried to log into Landmark and that fails.

me thinks thar be some mischevity abounding here. o_O

There was nothing posted on forums about having to re-download all {well nearly} or the client, about having to validate assets. Yet Feldon was thoughtful enough to post what was not posted on the EQ2 forums ... his info came from TWITTER of all places ..../facepalm
    Strings likes this.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

I opened the LaunchPad.exe.bak that I had renamed LaunchPad(2).exe and selected Full Download from Game Version under Advanced Settings, now it is preloading assets of 19.091 mb, asset preload complete, aaaand cant get in.

Error. There was an error completing your request, please try again.
  11. butler New Member

A workaround is, skip using the launch pad.

Go to your game directory. The default should be C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest II

In there click on the EverQuest2.exe file. That should at least get you in game.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

Yes that way still does work, just checked it, thanks!
  13. Gudum Active Member

If you used the full-download installer to originally install the game, there doesn't appear to be an option to choose between streaming and full download.

Looks like they just patched the installer and except for having to re-enter my account name and password it appears to be working properly.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thank you Gudum I kept looking and looking and thought I was missing something someplace good to know I'm not going blind LOL
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

p.s. Off topic. How do you guys get the allaccess under your name? I am allaccess and I don't have it on mine.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

The first email that support sends back to you seems to be the standard "form letter" response, rather then a direct response to your particular issue and I agree it's a tad bit annoying when you have to go through this every time. Especially when you happen to know it's not your internet and not your computer.

Hopefully something other then a work around will happen soon. It is frustrating. And some people just don't feel comfortable enough to edit files.
  17. Jetblackrogue New Member

I don't know if things are fixed or what I did helped but I play through steam and verified install files through steam (about 15 minutes). After doing that the game seems to work for me. (note this probably only helps a small handful of players)
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Awkk likes this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nevermind I figured it out :)
  20. JChan Developer

Update: The fix is currently being pushed out for this issue. Also some more information from the LaunchPad team.

LaunchPad will automatically update itself and when doing that there are a few things to call out:

- Launchpad will lose the saved information for “Remember Me” username and password. It will also lose the saved locale (this data was cookied in the old LP4). Once the old launchpad has been updated to the new version, you can re-set these options.
    - We are not moving any of the file locations for current users so if they used the default location, the game files will still be in the \Sony Online Entertainment folder.
    - If you were previously set to "Full Download" you will need to re-enable that once LaunchPad has updated. If you do not have the "Full Download" option then you were previously running the "Full Download Only" version will automatically stay in "Full Download".
    Moonpanther, Awkk and Feldon like this.