Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Flohblut New Member

IZELLIA and Moonpanther like this.
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

I got the same Error Message, deleting launch pad cache folder didnt help, couldnt find other real solutions on google. Please help!!
  3. XwXwX New Member

same error
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Being forced to re-download all 18GB of the game,... the very same 18GB I have on my HDD from yesterday,...
    IZELLIA likes this.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

How do you know that helps, please? (Before I desperately try the same ^^)
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I do not know if it helps.
    however, my primary account is currently logged in entertaining the Primordial beasties even now.
    Suggesting there is nothing wrong with the files.
    unless,...

as I noticed earlier, the LaunchPad.exe no longer bears SoE as its company branding, now shows DBG,...
    It can be speculated that is why we are being forced to download all of the "newly signed" files that bear DBG, instead of SoE....
  7. Caethre Active Member

Same error here too, can't log in...
    IZELLIA likes this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

100s of people being forced to re-download 18GB of data,...
    can we say self-imposed DDoS?

to note:
    LaunchPad.exe is REAL sensitive to network latency,... will not even fully draw itself if there is an issue with network connectivity....
    IZELLIA likes this.
  9. Aliyshia New Member

I couldn't get the launcher to come up but I remember from before during some issue having that I could load the Eq2 Application directly so I went into my EQ2 file and loaded through the application file.

Launcher now launches at least but keep getting errors saying files not found even though I am playing the game
  10. Caethre Active Member

Tried that. Running EverQuest2.exe directly to avoid the patcher reaches a login box, but after entering details there, it pops up:

Login rejected: The client's version does not match the server's. Please re-run the patcher.

So.... forced to wait til they fix the patcher.
    IZELLIA likes this.
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

see if you can get in using from the EverQuest II game directory the file everquest2.exe
    but be warned, I think everyone is being forced to re-download the entire game,... because NAME!

edit:
    ok, slow on the reply.
    sorry.
  12. Momo Well-Known Member

I tried that, starting the EverQuest2.exe, but it tells me it wont work because the client version doesnt match the servers (which is true of course). Darn, I was hoping ^^
    Like your signature a lot btw!
  13. Caethre Active Member

No - can't get that far to have a choice to download the whole game, for me at least. This seems to be a blocking error it seems. It cannot find that web address noted in the OP.

Edit - seems everyone posting at the same time *Chuckle*
  14. GBlack Active Member

I'm forced to redownload the full 18 Gb client right now
  15. Aliyshia New Member

16. Caethre Active Member

17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

regarding the HTTP exception, check this, as I know LaunchPad.exe foolishly checks your PC's Internet Options in your control panel for the following, and assure TLS 1.0 is checked under the Advanced tab, nearly to the end of the list under Security.
  18. Momo Well-Known Member

It is checked, but thanks for trying!
    Everytime someone posts a solution my heart goes *Bump! Hope!* then *nooo...* :(
  19. Caethre Active Member

Same. Still cannot get past the HTTP exception. Strange that not everyone is getting stuck at this, however.
  20. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I was in game and logged out to switch accounts and that's when my problems started. Maybe it's once someone logs out that will start to have issues.

(Multiple threads on this and I missed all of them. I think because I'd been in game after the update so figured this was a different issue... little did I know :oops: )