Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Maelgrym New Member

UAC is in the Control Panel under User Accounts.

To "Run As Administrator", right-click the icon while holding your left Shift key. The menu will have the option at that point.
  2. Xaiveir Active Member

These are the steps. They may be different depending on operating system, but you should be able to figure it out with some adjustments.

1.Open Control Panel.
    2.Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".
    3.Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.
    4.Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
    5.Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.
    6.In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
    7.You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.
  3. Maelgrym New Member

"The client's version does not match the server's."

I am not sure he is going to be able to bypass patcher. If part of the login in process is verifying the client version, he may have to wait until he can patch correctly. I am guessing you logged on later than a few hours ago ((I logged in earlier today as opposed to last night))
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Need to have at least patched to current version before skipping the launchpad and running the game directly.
    Would be nice if a dev would at least acknowledge that there's an issue and that someone is working on it.

Or maybe they did post on some site that no one looks at like twitter, or reddit.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you lotses! I googled in the meantime, checked: It's off, I tried "run as admin" anyway, didn't work. Game starts, asks me to log in, then gives me this mismatch error message. Schiete *grmbl*
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

When the launchpad updated itself it should also have updated the game client. If it didn't you might have a serious problem.

I uploaded the patched EXE to filedropper, I guarantee its virus free, but its upto you if you want to risk it.

http://www.filedropper.com/everquest2

I'd still rename the old version of the file to have a backup.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Work around not working for me, error must close pops up. So using the .exe is not an option for me.
  8. Xaiveir Active Member

Let me screw around with some things on my end here, see if i cant recreate what you (and I assume others that cant bypass) and see if i cant come up with a work around.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm going to do the redownload...nothing else is working. We shouldn't have to do work arounds to log into a game, especially when I was playing just fine before and it had to close do to error. This is on their side, we really need a fix.
  10. Xaiveir Active Member

Working on something Moon. Before you redownload give me a few. This will take a bit, but Ill see what i can do.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

The EverQuest2.exe I uploaded is already patched and works for me, I'm in game right now as we speak.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

Where was this posted? Can someone provide a link? cos this issue is looking like a hack to me. Without an announcement from DeyBreak, I'm inclined to treat the launcher issue as a hack and not trust it with my password. Meanwhile it is even telling me that one of my accounts needs to reset the password "for security reasons"

Couldnt we have been warned in advance that this was going to happen today, if it is a legit launcher change?
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

For the Devs... this is the broken Launchpad

[IMG]
  14. Awkk Well-Known Member

15. Momo Well-Known Member

Wooot you're a genious!! Did exactly as you said, unzipped it into my installation folder - and I'm in! =D
    Oh so happy, /unworthy at your feet and /thanks a thousand times!

*dances*
    Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Shadowspawn New Member

Think reloading the entire game is going to fix my issue at least. Got further than before, so guess in the future, on Tuesday patches, I will just start each evening deleting and reinstalling eq2...not a great new tradition, but traditions have to start somewhere, and hey, what is a few hours of downloading in the great scheme of life?
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've gone through the latest update notices and unless I need new glasses, I'm not seeing anything regarding the new launchpad either. A link would be most appreciated so I can make sure I check where ever they posted that the next time. :D
    Awkk likes this.
  18. Xaiveir Active Member

Yep this is exactly what I came up with as well. It was the only work around I could come up with. Well done Wurm, very nice job.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

Glad I could help :)
    Xaiveir and Moonpanther like this.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thanks all, and yes folks it is bug free so safe to download...at least that is what all my protection is saying. :D
    Prissetta likes this.