Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. IZELLIA Member

I don't understand anything that was just said.
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

Instead of overwriting, I let it rename as LaunchPad (2).exe and launched from it, in the file folder. Have not logged out yet, but maybe this way the (2) file will stay and not revert, till they fix it.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

A) I am NOT downloading this game again. You will just re-download the faulty patch and launcher
    B) I am NOT changing my game files. You just have to do it over and over again.
    C) I will continue to send in my petition and will NOT give them all the bs information they are asking for because it is:
    1) Not MY computer
    2) NOT my ISP
    3) Not a problem on MY system.

I suggest that everyone petition and continue to petition till they fix THEIR launcher and files. After14+ years with EQ and EQ2, I should be used to this but that doesn't make it less frustrating and maddening.
  4. JChan Developer

Sorry about the late response folks. Our LaunchPad team has been working on narrowing down the issue.

If you want to play now, you can try this workaround if you are getting this error:

Unable to download HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 64.37.169.11) - http://manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-en/live/eq2-en{full}.sha.soe

The workaround is to open your client directory and edit the LaunchPad.ini file. There should be a line that looks like this:

digestUrl=http://manifest.patch.station.sony....t/lp4/live/gamelauncher/eq2/live-full.sha.soe

Delete that line, save the file, and then restart Launchpad.

Basically, it should go from this,

[Settings]
    digestUrl=http://manifest.patch.station.sony....t/lp4/live/gamelauncher/eq2/live-full.sha.soe
    appName=EverQuest II
    id=eq2
    width=917
    height=700

To this,

[Settings]
    appName=EverQuest II
    id=eq2
    width=917
    height=700

If you do not want to try the workaround, the LaunchPad team is currently working on a fix, but there is currently no ETA on when that fix will be pushed out.
    Dethdlr, Mindsway, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Looking at the twitter site, it isn't just EQ2 having issues. Looks like their other games are also.

I just deleted the line and saved it and launched game again and I am in. I guess it isn't safe to lot out? lol
  6. Therendil Member

Izellia: When you click the usual icon to launch the game, you are actually running the launcher. This makes sure all the files are up to date and then launches the actual EQ2 client program. You can bypass the launcher and run the game directly IF all the files are up to date. That's what some of us are doing until DBG fixes the broken launcher we have now. If you want to try this, you can go to the folder where EQ2 lives and look for the file named 'Everquest2.exe'. Run that to get into the game without using the launcher.

-= Therendil =-
  7. Strings Well-Known Member

Yeah... I'm not messing with my settings and things. I'm in right now, I'm staying in, if I crash before nightfall I'll just see everyone tomorrow :(
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Kurisutaru Active Member

Not sure if having old versions of the launch pad might be playing a part into issues some are experiencing. But, every time a new x-pack released I always updated the LaunchPad.exe

Anyways, what I experienced upon logging in this afternoon was the old launch pad still working but taking forever to load. It took me switching between 2-3 accounts before the launch pad finally updated to the new one. Just had to login to each account as the drop down list was gone, but no biggie.

As for the game attempting to load 18 gigs.. that would be the streaming version (at least is was for me). Simply click on the Advanced Tools icon on the lower left of your launcher, then click on Select Game Version. Make sure that the Full Download box is checked. Then close the launch pad and run it again. It should work then. At least it did for me. Hope this helps.. :oops:
  9. Therendil Member

Okay. Just tried this and it worked, BUT it wants to download the entire game when the game is right where it should be. I'm going to try validating game assets and see if that helps.

-= Therendil =-
  10. Therendil Member

What it says is "Full Download", not "Full Version". But in any case, it worked.
  11. Kurisutaru Active Member

Apologies.. fixed my post accordingly. And glad to hear it worked for you. ;)
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

<bold emphasis is mine>

the "To this," part, my file reads exactly as it should, and it's still not working for me. Thank you for trying.
  13. Therendil Member

I just applied the fixes to my second system and it worked there as well. I deleted the indicated line in launchpad.ini and saved the file. I ran Launchpad and checked Full Download and exited. I then started Launchpad again and all was well.

-= Therendil =-
  14. Ziplock New Member

Unfortunately that is a very temporary solution is it can (and will) break again.
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

Deleting that line in the launchpad.ini worked. It was wanting to redownload the whole game, regardless of the fact that the game is already installed in the directory specified, but I checked "full download" anyway, hit play, and I am in (no streaming thank goodness).
  16. Berilie New Member

I did this and it fixed my issue and I am back in the game. Thank You
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Strings and Belenos like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok you guys that keep talking about the advanced settings and the full download.
    I go into my advanced settings and into my select game version and the only thing I see there is a language drop down list and the beta and test servers I see nothing anywhere to check for full download HELP!!!! :(
  19. Telden New Member

I just thought I'd share that JChan's workaround worked for me. But I hadn't tried to fix it myself before coming here, or redownloading the whole game. That might be where the continued issues are.
  20. Awkk Well-Known Member

This did not work for me, it is still trying to force me to type in my account name and password instead of letting me use the drop down menu with my saved accounts and passwords

And then when I tried the launcher from file location, it told me

*Error: Unable to download HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 64.37.169.11) - http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-en/live/eq2-enBfullD.sha.soe