Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That is basically the same, and not an overall fix. The current best fix is making sure you're on a full download instead of streaming client like I detailed a few posts above.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Trilly Active Member

So, check or not check the full download vs streaming? nm! sorry..you posted just as I did..thanks
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Check the full download :)
    Breanna and Resk like this.
  4. Mujahid New Member

Hey dreamweaver, I just want to make sure we're on the same page regarding the full game download. I think this is the same thing, but since you mentioned "checking the box", it got me wondering if there's a bit of UI I'm missing, or if you're talking about the drop-down list. This is what I see when I go to the "Select game version" tab. I don't even see an option for the streaming client:

[IMG]
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah it looks like you're already on the full download client. I'm trying to remember which error are you seeing and have you validated game assets?
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Hammer New Member

22% this is slooooow..

Anyone want to play eye spy while I wait???
  7. Kilfenora New Member

I have been getting the 99% stop the press issue but this morning it gets past that and sticks on "Loading entity responses" at 0% with the download speed meter dropping like a dead loon! And then Dreamweaver has the audacity in todays Launchpad Issues - Nov 11,2020, to claim "At this time, we are not going to announce that all accounts are able to access with 100% surety so work is ongoing." Well from one of the NON-100% left not working, Please fix it soon. I am seriously considering pulling my purchase of the new expansion as well as possibly my EQ2 account entirely. The Customer Support has been horrible for years now and I am appalled. I have been playing EQ since after the first week 17 years ago. I have made some very deep friend in game. This is a community that needs more consideration than what is being offered. -- 30 years Software QA IT Engineer, retired + Guide in EQ and EQ2 in the past.
    Tedra and boredorm like this.
  8. Seti New Member

Everything has cleared up for me today. I was able to download and install and play fine! (I had uninstalled in an attempt to fix the problem.) Thank you!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  9. Keefe New Member

I was with the majority of the crowd to begin with, stuck loading at 99%. That changed early yesterday, instead crashing prior to that with a shader/pixel error.
    I kicked it all this morning and reinstalled everything fresh, starting from the daybreak/EQ2 webpage. It was not effective.

So, now the game loads for 10-12 seconds and right as the pixel/shader error pops the login music begins playing/progressing as if I were in game. The only visual being the error and a black background.

I've begun the most recent Full Download, suggested by Dreamweaver, but that looks like it will take a few hours (at best).
    Tedra likes this.
  10. Kilfenora New Member

Ok, after running a complete RE-DOWNLOAD of all files, I got in this time. But I have not had the courage to logout and try to get back in yet again, yet.
  11. Taolas New Member

Came back to try again, now the Launchpad immediately crashes. DIW going backwards
  12. Presephonee New Member

I got in and at character select my toon keeps freezing and unfreezing. I am unable to do full download yet.
  13. Resk New Member

Changed it to the full download, was able to log right in and not pull plugs to do so, Thank you getting the game back for some of us. Now about the 4 days i didnt get to play.... JK . Thank you
    dreamweaver likes this.
  14. Mujahid New Member

I appear to be able to log in and play, but I'm unable to access the expansions I should have been granted by virtue of the preorder, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Prior to buying the preorder, I had all expansions up to Thalumbra. I was hoping to start Kunark Ascending when I bought the preorder, but my account doesn't appear flagged for anything after Thalumbra for some reason.
  15. Erry New Member

Using the full download option I was able to log in and enter a zone...so far so good
    dreamweaver likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Oh okay, that is a completely unrelated issue. There is a fix for that problem in ready for when we are able to patch again.
    Breanna and Mujahid like this.
  17. Erry New Member

was able to zone to other zones without issues. Camped to login and selected another character and was able to login and zone to other zone. Camped to desktop and restarted and played without issue. Appears to have been resolved on my end.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

You're the first instance of someone reporting the launchpad itself crashing. I'm worried something else is going on there.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Twyla Well-Known Member

Seems to be working ok for me yay! Hopefully it will stick:)
  20. Thesa New Member

I did the full download of of "Select Game Version" and checked "Full download" and was able to get in with no problems. Maybe a work around??