Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. LforLight New Member

crossing fingers.for now it downloaded 850 MB in 20 minuts so... in an hour could be 2.55 GB

that means 10 hours to dl full version of game
    boredorm likes this.
  2. Presephonee New Member

I am downloading full game and i am at 47%. Download has slowed down quite a bit. Crossing fingers.
  3. Dasi Member

Something new is happening... dont want to get my hopes up.. too late.
    Looks like entire game download started ?
  4. Elecyah Member

No need to troubleshoot. The problem is known and being worked on. It's just taking time and the player community is coming together to figure out workarounds. =/
  5. Taolas New Member

Re-installed on Win10, the download finally worked this morning, but now crashes on VeShader error.
  6. Resk New Member

Same for me, I tried not moving and used a port to the blindng and was able to play for about an hour. I can get into my guild hall but its a black screen can check mail and use the broker, thats nice......., If i zone into a city (this is all with unplugging the internet cable btw) I get the shader error, and get booted. No matter what zone though , im missing visuals like the sky and some other pieces of the game.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The fix is still ongoing some players may still be seeing errors. But it's progressing at a good rate and the teams are making adjustments that may alleviate some of the issues players may be seeing.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. LforLight New Member

1.4 GB in one hour
    but still downloading
  9. Dasi Member

Its still downloading for me at 41% and going
  10. Presephonee New Member

My download status disappeared. Was at 51% and now I don’t know???
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Does the line still appear to be moving you just don't see the percentage? Or everything stopped?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Presephonee New Member

Percentage disappeared. Don’t know about bar moving cuz download slowed to a crawl
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I have that happen to me occasionally if my personal internet slows for some reason, so that may not be related.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Dasi Member

I GOT IN!!!!!!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  15. Decipio New Member

still not in here, i get all the way to the character select, I select a character and it tries to zone into TD and crashing saying i should verify my game files (which I have done, not working)....
  16. Hammer New Member

13% so far for me....
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Have you checked in Advanced Tools on the launcher to see if you're client download was a full download or streaming? You can find it under Advanced Tools > Game Version. If the Full download box is not checked that's the current workaround for the issue while the fix is still ongoing.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Azmodaus New Member

I get all the way to 99% and then it never loads the zone. i can hear the gong of freeport then nothing. ive tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew i beleive this is the same as the cable yank method but if not please advise.
  19. Galya Member

I was having this problem too... Now I get the download at 99% and not socket error message. I did notice I was able to log in a little used Character, so I am wondering it is may be that my mail is in her house...remember we had that issue with the last update.

Super frustrated.... Really terrible no one is telling us anything...

Galya
    boredorm likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I literally posted about this 7 minutes ago in this thread, two posts above you.
    Breanna likes this.