Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Kiaa New Member

Appreciate the hard work, and responses.
  2. Sinz New Member

I tried downloading that game wile this is down and same error same error message on there fourms..Id probly bet its effecting any games that got the patch this week..which is why i was wondering if any ps5/xbox stuff was in it .. just kinda weird its effecting multi daybreak games
  3. Ambrozia Jello Goddess

I could just kiss you! I'll save you the torture though! Thanks for the post!
    Jrox and Breanna like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's an issue at our CDN Provider which services all of our titles, that's why its affecting all of them unfortunately.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Kiaa New Member

any way of bypassing this issue?
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not a consistent one that has worked for all players, which is why I haven't shared one. There are a couple solutions that have worked for people in this thread but I can't guarantee any of them will.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Resk New Member

This is becoming a problem. I try and be respectful and not complain but i'm going on day 4 of not being able to log in and play the game I am paying to play. I preordered the expansion so I could try out some beta. We are missing out on Heroes Fest, Missing out on subscription days, Missing out on beta days, Missing out on daily quests we cant go back and get the extras on, Missing out on overseer quests we cant complete or restart. With the limited player base we have left, This is basically a disaster. Tried all the different solutions the player base has thought of but im sorry, Daybreak its time for you to get it together. 4 Days of having what, hundreds of players not be able to play, Should mean thats the ONLY thing you are trying to fix and constant updates as to why we should even stay. This game has an amazing history and imho is a great game in most cases. But that being said , if you cant play, people will move on, and we need all the players we can to stay....
    Rdy2rock, Anny, Aylea and 1 other person like this.
  8. Kiaa New Member

i should have never deleted the game thinking that would help with the zoning issue...
    Azealia likes this.
  9. Kiaa New Member

i agree it is very frustrating to be missing out on current content.
    Aylea likes this.
  10. Sintara New Member

Ditto
    Aylea likes this.
  11. Jessem10 New Member

hey i,ve been bugging for the last couple days from the launchpad. Please tell me if this is your guys end or mine. It keeps telling me i dont have the vm files in the help file but i do and i tried and tried different stuff but just getting annoyed at this point,,,
  12. Decipio New Member

Getting same error 12:26AM CST
  13. Azealia New Member

I completely agree. I tried that and now it won't even download the game :/
  14. Ibethia Member

Be careful using the "unplug/plugin" internet fix... it bypasses zone loads and i fell thru the world 3 diff times in 1 hour... apparantly the zone files were bypassed and parts of the world my guildies had were not there for me and i was falling thru the world left and right...each zone i froze and had to use the unplug/plug thingie.....eventually within 45 minutes i just had to log.
    At the point i logged i started the launcher.. and let it run thru the " downloading assets" before selecting play... well that took over 3 hours..............it has NEVER done that.. so instead of selecting play i am now going thru the " Validating Assets" to make sure the "unplug/plug " stuff didnt screw my files up..

Of course my roomie is having no issues at all and we share the comcast hookup...i currently while during downtime have constructed voodoo doll of him....
  15. Ticiic New Member

16. LforLight New Member

HI there

Tryed to played the game day 4

I was able to dl the game from steam on my C:
    but it requires update when opening the lauchpad from there so socket error....

I was able to dl the launchpad from eq2 website on my D: and tryed to open it. it doesn't install due to... socket error

that is my situation with a 1 year All Member Access bought last month coming back ingame where i played from 2012 till 2014-2015
    And bought the Premium Expansion

Expensive game isn't it ?

Sorry but just woke up and tired to see this as everyone here and certainely less than the CS and people working on the issues are.

So i want to stay positive and make a todolist for what i will have to do when i can come back ig

Have a good positive day. we are on 14th and freddy's night is over and we are alive !! :D

Regards
    Anny and Aylea like this.
  17. docdante Member

Its kinda funny....patched to Beta..it worked...after that i wanted back to Thurgadin...known error socket blabla...tried to patch, start from exe ->worked....but now i cant go neither to beta nor to thurgadin only to us servers....strange:)
    i am happy that the old french, russian, german , ...servers are down, otherwise i had to switch servers every day:)
    pl fix it.
    ty
  18. Thundarez Member

Try disconnecting your desktop from the internet when on 99% then reconnect a few seconds later. It worked for me, although I have to continue doing it every time I zone
  19. docdante Member

Tried nearly everything, different pcs, different connections, even from different countries, different vpns...now downloading from steam... last thing to do would be a voodoo ceremony:) but ty
  20. Taolas New Member

I made the mistake of reinstalling before I read this.
    Launchpad attempts to patch and...Socket Error.
    DIW