Fixed Internally Unable to download SocketError

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Boghoplit, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Moonsolaces New Member

I have done everything and nothing has worked. Very frustrating. I have 2 paid accounts and cannot do anything. My question would be WHEN will this be resolved. The placebo answer is not working. And btw do these ops and whatever even work on Weekends. If it is not resolved soon I see no reason to maintain 2 paid accounts.

Otherwise it was a very fun experience.
  2. Fratsalot New Member

*Warning: Retrying paks/live_haunted_cauldroncove_SG.vpk
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/2d/620/cd7924c1f0337de79308eab647668fffe27
    Checking game installation...
    Found 139 file(s) to update.
    Replacing paks/exp02_rgn_realm_of_dawn_sg.vpk
    Replacing paks/live_haunted_cauldroncove_SG.vpk
    Creating paks/exp12_zone2.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/exp02_rgn_realm_of_dawn_sg.vpk
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/1d/ea6/072fb77a6873210eff51ca3e67413a36f63

ive tried everything in recent post to try and fix, seems to be the live beta but its been almost a week now still no game access
  3. Warv New Member

Yes, this sucks. At first, 3 in our group got locked out for entering Klak. Now the launcher has pretty much crashed and now I can't even log into the game for any of my toons
  4. pgt5150 New Member

Getting the same exact thing.
  5. QToonz New Member

same error here, any eta on fix?
  6. Ratzkin New Member

If the error was caused by an incorrect address uploaded by beta can we not simply upload a new copy with the correct address? Might be too easy?
  7. Trouth Member

What I want to know is what they are going to do about people who bought the expansion early to get the bonuses from doing the beta, and now can't get on the beta.
  8. Trook New Member

I'm in as of 9am.... in the northeast
  9. Famorf New Member

yep, just started working for me as well.
  10. Anny New Member

the same thing here, its happening allmost every 2 yer and probably they gonna need 2 months to fix that
  11. Skrapa New Member

It's finally past the error stage, and is preloading assets. I tried to click "Play" and got an "unrecoverable error" and the launcher crashed. At least it appears to be progressing in a positive direction! :D
  12. Anny New Member

Sinz you are right, i remember 2006 the same thing this year, probably we gonna wait on fix about 2-3 months
  13. Skrapa New Member

Anyone else getting this new error? The Launcher actually says "Play" now, and begins to preload assets but once I click play, it tries to launch the game then I get this error and it crashes. At least I'm not getting the SocketError anymore lol

[IMG]
  14. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

still cant get in :(
  15. Elecyah Member

Here's what worked for me. I'm not taking credit for these - I found them here on the forum suggested by other players, (and maybe monkeyed around to get it to work for me). And they may not be viable for everyone's situation, but maybe they'll help some.

¤ For 99% loading error, the network cable yank works. (There is a player here on the forums, who explained why.) When it's stuck in the loading, pull your cable (or whatever else way you have to cut your internet connection), wait a few seconds, for me it was about 5-6, and replug. Basically, for me, I was ready with the cable with an eye on the loading bar and when it started doing things again, I replugged.
    You have to time it right, tho, and you have to do it EVERY TIME you zone.

I started trying other things, because the cable yank was not a fun way to play. I managed to mess up my installation so that I hit the Socket Error. And below is how I got past that.

¤ The SocketError.
    STEP 1: I downloaded Steam, and downloaded the game through there. This was a new installation, because for the purpose of going around the 99% loading error, you need the FULL DOWNLOAD, so that the game is not trying to load stuff from the CDN while zoning. (I also had a VPN going, but I was connected to my normal area, which gave me the SocketError when I tried getting the full download via the EQ2 launcher/patcher.)
    STEP 2: Once it downloaded, installed, and launched, I found that I still had about 300M to patch via the launcher. Which gave me the SocketError again, BUT it did download maybe 30M before the error. I kept hitting RETRY, until it had downloaded it all. 20-50M at a time.
    STEP 3: Because it's a new installation, go copy paste your character UI's from the old folder (if that is crucial to you). Otherwise good to go.

I hope this helps. Good luck to all.
    LforLight likes this.
  16. LforLight New Member

the point i am

I could in the night download eq2 from steam
    but it crashed on updating through the launch of lauchpad with socket error
    i gave it a new try 10 minuts ago (throught steam) dowload finished and i could comme into game.
    i closed in order to test the launchpad from eq2 website that crashed while installing the launchpad itself.
    It is now downloading the rest of the lauchpad setting. and should proceed after to the game installation.
    I'll keep you inform of my experience

if launchpad from eq2 crashes i'll try to reconnect to game throught steam

go on doing a great job Engineers and CS

Thank you
  17. LforLight New Member

Launchpad is now runnning the 24 Gb Dl which could take like 4-5 hours
  18. Decipio New Member

I made it through the launcher, hit play EQ music is playing and its stuck at "Loading entity resources" at 97% and I can see the little dragon popping on and off at the bottom right of my screen... its been at 97% for a while. Just for reference, new PC, new install of EQ2, have never been in beta. If that helps anyone troubleshoot.
    LforLight likes this.
  19. Azealia New Member

The game is finally downloading but when I try to play I get an unrecoverable error and it closes the game. A little bit closer at least...
    Resk and Skrapa like this.
  20. Erry New Member

Same here...unrecoverable VeShader error and then booted. I should note, I'm one of the folks that tried reinstalling the game and I'm on Win8.1, if that makes any difference. Anyone having the same issue that did not reinstall and is on 8.1?
    Skrapa likes this.