thread about T1 damage equality

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Davngr1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-daray Guest

I guess I'll throw my 2c into this discussion.
    Wizards need to be within 10m to maximize their potential dps. If you are being lazy and standing at range, or forced to range by the script (or strat your guild uses), then you are sacrificing dps. It won't be as much as some scouts sacrifice under the same circumstances, but it is still significant enough. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about this, but for a lot of the (especially easier) content, rethinking your approach with this in mind might help (all the while trying to minimize actual movement). Be aware of how AEs tier in damage and distance requirements of each damage tier, distances on red emote jousts, make use of AE timers and red joust timers, figure out what is and isn't avoidable - oh and try to get your guild to use more favorable positioning / strats.
  2. ARCHIVED-KenCoop Guest

I think Daray said it best, and I will of course yield to what he has to say.
    For the people that responded before he did, I think you may have failed to read the first to parts of my post. I was LOLing at people using Skyshrine as a basis of comparison for T1 damage equity. As I stated, almost all fights in there are straight burns.
    For melee classes in PoW and Drunder HM you are dealing with multiple AoEs that inflict damage based upon range that will usually have to be jousted (if you can't heal thru them or AoE avoid). For example, if you had a mage and a scout both doing 6-700k on a straight burn, then you throw in having to joust 2x to 30m every 25 sec (2 seperate AoEs), there is just the potential for a scout to lose much more dps on that type of fight (again, if you can't just beast mode and heal thru them or AoE avoid). It may not be as much of a difference as I stated (was trying to use sarcasm...obviously didn't pull off my sarcastaball impersonation very well ), but there would certainly be a disparity there.
    For people doing SS and ST, there just really is no way that those zones can be relevant to the T1 damage equity discussion, as they are (nearly) all simply tank-and-spank.
    All I am trying to say, is that T1 damage equity needs to be balanced around the real end-game, not what pickup raids are able to clear.
    *edited because I didn't proof it and I hate using the incorrrect tense.