thread about T1 damage equality

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Davngr1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

like to start by saying that i'm really happy with my beastlord and please don't touch them unless it's to make them better :p cos it's a really fun play style and completely warrants t1 damage since it requires timing and dedication to your character to put up those solid numbers.

having that said that.. it's pretty obvious that other t1 dps classes have fallen a bit behind nothing super major but a tweak or two is needed in my opinion.
    here are some of my ideas and anyone who feels like chipping in ideas is welcome to but please keep in mind THIS IS NOT a nerf so and so thread.

my suggestions:

for sorc:
    replace the WIS end line Sagacity (12% power cost reduction) with a "preparation" like ability. pre nerf nejenas' ring like.
    wizard: allow full manaburn benefit for fiery blast combos.
    lock: my lock is still a baby so if anyone has some ideas feel free to post
    preds:
    change INT end line Intoxication to a regular proc. make it proc 1.2 times per min or whatever you see fit to replace the abilities current 45 second reuse timer.
    assassin: allow fatal follow up combo to benefit from AE targets hit by massacre and stealth assault. this would not increase it's all ready satisfactory single target damage but would give some added benefit to ae, something that assassin lacks.
    ranger: again ranger is low level and thus i can't really come up with anything from current tier experience but i would suggest removing the 5m requirement for the myth buff auto damage and totally remove or greatly cut down on melee range CA's to make ranger a true range melee dps.

feel free to add ideas and please keep the negative comments to your self or to other threads devoted to axing other classes :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

So instead of rebalancing one class you suggest they tweak all the rest?
  3. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    While I realize that level 36 characters are nearly GOD-mode these days, my BL feels like GOD-mode on steroids, & I never feel as if I have to do anything special at all to stomp through normal leveling content. Certainly it's not a matter of timing & dedication.
    It's waaaaaaaaay OP & needs to be toned down.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Raknid wrote:
    This is already the plan at SOE.
    I just don't expect it till expansion, but xelgad has hinted at some things comming sooner.

The Plan(tm)
    1) Launch OP class with content deprived expansion. The very OP nature will get players to treadmill with it until next expansion.
    2) Buff all other classes up to said new OP class come next expansion, cause its really not healthy long term to leave a class that OP (see previous examples).
    They didn't launch the way they are by mistake, and they wont commit marketplace suicide by nerfing the crap out of the class everyone and his brother just leveled up an alt of.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

In a sadly twisted way that makes complete sense.
  6. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Freejazzlive wrote:
    lvl 36? you don't know how to play a beastlord yet bro but when you get to your 90's and start unlocking the classes potential you will realize that it does take skill to get those big numbers granted right now they are a bit higher on the food chain then they should be.
    adjust other classes with changes that SHOULD be put in game anyway and whalla! fixed
  7. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Raknid wrote:
    these other classes have needed tweaks for a while now.. beastlords just made the troubles stand out more.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    That 5m requirement you're referring to has been gone since Sentinel's Fate.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Seiffil@Permafrost wrote:
    I'd still like to see rangers made more ranged. A few of my Melee CA's are still beating the hell out of most of my ranged ones on parses. They need to reevaluate what ever 'score' system they use to balance CA's. Hopefully making rangers more ranged is in the works. Maybe some AA's that turn melee CA's into ranged ones similar to how some warden, inquisitor and mystic AA's turn spells into melee CA's
  10. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Beastlords are t1 dps when they are in healing stance.... when they are in feral they are in a tier all by themselves.
    None of your changes will double the dps of the classes you listed since there are parses of beastlords putting up close to 1 million dps.
    Beastlords are so far out of line that even if they did bring all other classes up to where they should be it would break the game totally.
  11. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Well, it's kind of difficult to learn how to play one properly when every mob you fight dies in 1-2 combat arts.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    This is sooooo true. Whatever the short comings of the SOE Dev teams may be, which I feel are directly related to resource overloading, the SOE Planners are no dopes. They are the reason F2P launched 2 weeks prior to SWtOR. They are the reason Beastlords were brought into the mix after years and years of holding the "never" line. They are the reason that all of SF still only requires old school gear, so the F2P folks can level to 90. They are the reason F2P is little more than a hook due to plat and gear restrictions. They are the reason the SC Marketplace is so driven. IMO, at the current staffing levels of EQ2 on the Dev side, they have little time to actually "tweak" things, which makes the whole CM removal a scary process. I seriously doubt SOE will close down EQ1 or EQ2 if/when EQNext launches.
  13. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    & BTW -- "right now" is what I'm talking about, so I'm glad you agree, though I'm unsure why you even responded.
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Hissyfit@Oasis wrote:
    close to one million dps on what? how close was the next t1 dps class?
    they aren't that far out of wack and the changes i mentioned would improve damage considerably.
  15. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Freejazzlive wrote:
    because you're commenting on a class that you don't even play at 90 with capped AA and gear. this is clearly a "raid dps" thread.

i apologize if i gave off the impression that damage on enchanted land's badgers was in question.
  16. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    No, YOU were the one who said "right now they are a bit higher on the food chain then they should be," & since you claim to be speaking strictly of raid DPS, I assumed you were agreeing that they're higher than they should be.
    I'm saying they're over-powered at low levels, & you're saying they're a bit higher than they should be (i.e., overpowered) at level 90, which means they're over-powered across the board. Which means you agree with me. Thanks.
  17. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Freejazzlive wrote:
    this, is what i don't agree with and have all ready stated in the original post that this was not a "bash" thread but thanks for your input anyhow. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    proc 1.2 times per min ? might as well keep it the way it is then.... even if it proced 5.0 a min it would not make up for anything. Also FF combo benefiting from AE stealth targets hits...seriously doubt it would change anything.
    Personally i have lost nearly my entire motivation to raid as assassin seing how some undergeared BST can join raid and not just slightly beat everyone on parse, but completely dominate.
    What else can a predator offer the raid or grp ? hate transfer, which is not that great or unique, a poison proc for another mellee class. rangers dont offer anything at all. And in exchange we were supposed to be top notch dmg dealers. now BST comes along and can either be T0 dps ( cause to call em T1 dps would be understatement) or T1 dps + offer sick temps to the grp. Oh yeah and that grp buff claw something already is better then anything predators can offer to the grp.
    All your suggestions are like a drop of water on a hot stone, you don't seem to understand where the dps from the various dps classes comes from. it sure isn't from some procs or abilities on 1min+ timers, so you can tweak those as much as you like. lol just thinking of Sniper shot/ assassinate being on a 15min timer "because otherwise it would be too OP ability"...makes me chuckle...
    There's so much wrong with dps classes and equality atm...
  19. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Proud_Silence wrote:
    assassin can already keep up with beastlords on single target fights as far as i have seen. the int line proc does about the same damage as the swipe proc when used correctly, it's just that most players don't have that skill set and thus this change would aid that also let it proc on multiple mobs at once.
    assassin aoe's benefiting FFU would give that ability a big boost on aoe encounters. maybe you should study your parses, abilities and how they all work before posting against my suggestions also you could post some suggestions of your own.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Kolskeggr x4 raid. 7mill raidwide dps.
    From what I read....the next closest dps was 500-600k. So a minimum of a 300k differance compairing equally skilled/geared t1 dps. Yeah...balanced my backside.