thread about T1 damage equality

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Davngr1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Trynt wrote:
    if a BL can't keep his pet alive his damage falls drasticlly it all depends on how good your other T1 damage classes are and what content you're killing.
    there's no doubt that geared BL's are on top right now(more so if they have two myth weapons and the other dps classes don't) but it's not as much as people tend to allude to, in these forums.
  2. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    I have to lol at the bold bit.
    It's more actually. It's ridiculous OP but don't worry, your BL won't get nerfed any time soon. There's hardly anyone left to actually do it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

A forum thread exists on another site that you can probably guess that has a Beastlord at 916k dps on Hardmode shoulders mob with the next best being 150k or more behind. I mean having beastlords a bit op ok but this is just a bit much in my opinion.
  4. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

This has nothing to do w/ mythicals. Other scouts w/ mythicals would still be far behind. Even on AOE fights with jousting and pet deaths BL are far ahead of the pack. The player would have to be brain dead to be "in line".
    And the fact that mage loot drops 1/3 as much as scout loot, and that there are no mage mythicals yet in game just adds to the imbalance. It's not even close, arguing that it is, is silly.
    I agree that none of this will likely be remedied until next year, people are just getting their BL's myth'd now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

If they keep them op until most have their mythicals it's going to be a long and unacceptable wait, casual guilds can't get hm statue down and to the update goes for 25k+ plat still...
  6. ARCHIVED-Tunnelcat Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Thats insane to spend that much plat on anything
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Tunnelcat wrote:
    What pray tell, should I spend my plat on?
  8. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Loldawg@Nagafen wrote:
    having two mythical weaps is a huge advantage.. that along with Bl's having better damage abilities is what puts them on top. give all the other plaeyrs mythicals (specialy scouts) and some tweaks and they should be in line.
    Chronus1 wrote:
    ok.. that's ONE fight and it's the fight every single beastlord post. now post some other fighths to compare. not saying they aren't op right now just saying that one one parse don't mean jack.
  9. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Tunnelcat wrote:
    if i raided my Bl i would pay it. why not? plat doesn't entertain me, raiding does.
  10. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    It's not just 1 mob, some of the below HM mobs have very large AOE's and yet the pet still lives, it's pretty easy to keep a pet and scout alive with AOE avoids on the scout and AOE Avoid proc for the pet on the mythicals. If Myths fail then the AA death save on pet will kick in if the BL has it.

Please remember these aren't his parses, they're the difference between His BL (Number 1 on Parse) and the second person on parse)

Posted on the "Site that cannot be named" :)
    "but in sullon's last night the gaps between me and second were 299k on gregor, 150k on hragold, 120k on mrogr, 111k on spider, and 114k on sullon (both myself and second miracle'd on sullon)."
  11. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    don't misunderstand me, bl's do have overpowered ca's/abilities but adjustments to other dps classes could remedy that. the fact is that most dps classes haven't seen anything new since dov and that's why i would rather get something new than see bl's nerfed.
    also you have to take into account that having two mythical weapons for a scout is a HUGE advantage because it modifies auto attack damage exponentially.
  12. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    No other scout in game will see a pair of Mythicals for how long? Since only a handful have dropped so far. The ones from Tallon/Vallon haven't even been discod. I'm not even going to argue about whether Beastlords should have even ever been given a pair of myths from their quest.

Even if scouts suddenly got 1 pair of Myths, it's a big ask to make up those parses with weapons alone.
    If DPS classes are boosted up to Beastlord levels then raid wide DPS will be insane, expect to see 10 million +.
    Then how do you expect tanks to hold hate? Bump them up as well..
    But then what about the now huge gap between Utility/Heals and T1 DPS and Tank DPS.. buff them up as well?

Please, get real, Beastlords need to be brought down..
  13. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    i have seen plenty of parses from the best beastlord WW and yes he's head and shoulders above the rest of the dps but you have to take into account the fact that he has two myth weapons. once you realize that that's a huge boost for him then you can take into account the fact that none of the classes have seen any new abilities for the last year.
    that is what i would like to see.. new class abilities and i'm almost 100% certain that new abilities along with a serious boost to mythical weapon drops would bring everyone up to par. suggesting that players won't continue to get better and better abilities is nonsense.
    what i really don't want to see is beastlord get nerfed while all the other classes get new better stuff.. cos that sucks for everyone.
  14. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    A pair of Myth weapons isn't 200k DPS, and I have taken it into account, some of the best players have said this isn't the whole issue and even with a pair of Myths they wouldn't be able to keep up. With the way Mythicals are dropping it's just another thing to add to the imbalance of beastlords.

So to recap.
    You think Beastlords are fine and other T1 DPS should be brought up to their level. This includes:
    Warlock/Wizard/Congy/Necro/Swashy/Brigand/Assassin/Ranger.

In order to actually keep tanks balanced and able to hold hate we'll then have to make upgrades to:
    Guardian/Monk/Bruiser/Paladin/Shadowknight/Zerker.

Then the gap between Tanks and Utility classes will have grown so they'll need a buff, this includes:
    Troubs/Dirges/Illusionists/Coercer.

Now healers are the only ones left behind in DPS. Fine, they do enough already, lets leave them were they are.

But now we still have the issue of Mythicals so lets up the drop rate across the board for the Mythical weapons to compensate....

And you think ALL of the above, buff 18 classes and increase mth drop rates, is more deserving, easier and the "Way forward" rather than just bringing Beastlord DPS down to the other T1 DPS?
    Personally, if I was doing it I'd also reduce the Rating and stats of the Beastlord offhand Myth to HM Fabled level and change it's tag to Fabled so they don't have a pair of Myths and need the scout one as the off hand like all other scouts. This is just my personal opinion though.

Regarding "New and better stuff" for other classes, or me "Suggesting that players won't get better and better abilities", I have no idea what you're even on about. What classes do you think are going to suddenly be buffed? The answer is None.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    Easy way to put Wizards in line with Beastlords.... Fiery Blast crits.
  16. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

You need to make up about 100k DPS.
    To do that with 1 spell with a min re-use of 75 seconds (2 min 30 base) you're looking at it hitting for 7.5 million, which brings it back to Tanks keeping hate.
  17. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    let me break this down really easy like..
    new expansion = new abilities for all classes.
    this expansion has yet to roll out new stuff and thus these new abilities could be used to bridge the gap.
    how is that hard to understand?

i don't care what people you talk to say.. i raid a scout and i know for a fact that better weapons are huge factor in damage. also you have this 200k damage number like regular raiding beastlords are all doing 200k over everyone else. that only happens when you have a beastlord with mythical weapons and with a perfect setup group.
    you're talking out of your a$$ or are deliberately trying to blow this out of proportion either way your logic is flawed.
  18. ARCHIVED-Fitz Guest

I see six pages of Davangr trolling so many people. The fact that beastlords are out of balance is incredibly obvious. They must be adjusted, as waiting for new content (new abilities Dav?) to be released is asinine. They're currently the only truly functional class in the new stat system, which causes them to shine out in a plethora of broken mechanics. Break them, too, end of story.
  19. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Something needs to be done "for the greater good of the game", and it must not wait for "new content" because balance needs to be restored.
    SOE has already set a precedent of not waiting for a new expansion before "fixing" a class. Never forget that SOE recently reduced Dirge dps by ~33% in between expansions because that OP utility class had the ability to perform exceptionally well in the right hands, which I assume must have threatened to break content.
    Beastlords are no exception to this concept of the "greater good of the game", and they must also be adjusted to fall in line with all of the rest of the classes.
  20. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

READ THE ORIGINAL POST!
    this is a thread ASKING FOR NEW ABILITIES in light of beastlords having better abilities currently than other T1 classes.
    MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, THIS IS MY THREAD. i STARTED this thread! for the disccusion of possible new abilities!

btw.. rose color glasses? are you serious?

RoK = new spell/more aa
    TSO = new AA/ more AA
    SF = new AA/ more AA
    DoV = new AA/more AA
    AoD = more AA

see what's missing there?
    SEE WHY I MADE THIS THREAD?

classes DO need to HAVE new stuff or at least tweak stuff classes all ready have..
    *Let's keep the post respectful please*