thread about T1 damage equality

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Davngr1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    dam.. i'd love to see a necro outparse my assassin. if so i need to start getting dav some gear :p
  2. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    I don't know.. Wizards and Conjy's get a pretty big boost. Wizards before 91 will be putting 3 points in fiery blast boosting a ~1 million damage nuke to ~1.3 million right off the bat. And with Firestorm + the group abilities getting a 30% to absolutely base amount, their first two lines seem to be some of the most powerful dps boost of all the classes.

Granted, solar flare getting a boost when the mobs below X amount is the worst idea ever by the devs... but hey, I guess they wanted to revive a dead spell.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dayeyes Guest

As someone who likes soloing with my alt defiler... /wrists... Although defiler can do ok, if they pull tons and aoe... kinda...

Also Nerco? really? Would like to see where your getting your numbers from.
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Slittherss Guest

I'm just wanting to see Brigs and Swashys be useful again. I feel i'll leave this game for a f2p game that has better balancing than this at this rate. When i see Beastlord # a bagillion come up with his/her garbage gear and blow my almost fully skyshrine raid geared brig out of the water by 200k i feel kind of insignificant in retrospect so where is the rogue loving? don't forget about us SoE we need some deeps.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Slittherss wrote:
    Brig & Swashys are where they need to be. they have always been designed and performed as T2 DPS / Utility. They have some of the best Debuffs and Aggro control tools when used by skilled players to be sure. ONLY those two classes can do the thing which they can, no other class can come close.
    The issue is with Skyshrine, that utility which the Brig and Swashy bring is -not- needed, -not- desired and -not- waranted. So that is the issue and they are left with T2 DPS without any utility, just like chanter, dare I say, Crowd Control The current game model respects one thing and one thing only, which is DPS, and that goes for Healers and tanks equally. It is no longer enough to heal a raid unless it has DPS associated with it. Tanking is impossible without DPS due to broken missunderstood (by the programmers) threat methodologies.
    The Beastlord has made raid leaders look at -ANYTHING- T2 like they have a 3rd eye and now with the up coming Reckless stance on fighters ... you might just as well reroll anything T2. I wouldn't delete them at this point as these things are allways cyclical.

Oh and p.s. /whispers This is an old thread
  7. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

i would change this to read
    T0 Beastlords
    T1 Rangers, Necros, Locks
    T2 everything else .
    its hard to say for certain as raid setups and skill play such a large part in how dps breaks down.
    My guild has one of the best rangers world wide so i naturally put him high on the list but maybe that isnt true of the " average" ranger.
    just like people have a hard time believing in necros doing high end damage because so few of them achieve it.
    I know one wizzy in our guild works very hard and does better damage than the locks on ae fights but part of how i see all this mess is that its partly about how the class is designed and how hard the "Average" person has to work to get the numbers. She has to work hard to do it while i know quite a few beastlords that have jumped right in being the first DPS character (im refferancing a friend who has only played healers until now) and she doesnt top parses but she comes close with little effort.
    so thats how i see things. I know a lot of necros but very few that work hard for the numbers in my opinion. and that does not mean using everything you have just to get one or 2 parses up. im talking about trying new rotations or understanding how your spells can best be used in what situations and when changes come , testing out those changes and adjusting to them.
    anyone can do the, and im quoting another necro that said this "i only use 5 spells" pattern and be merely acceptable.
    im sure other classes are the same and have all the same problems but on the whole as i have never called for a nerf of a class before I think if any class needs it it would be beastlords.
    jmo
  8. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Soulskar@Splitpaw wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

I'm not sure what chanters you've seen, but the ones I've been playing with regularly parse WELL above healers (even the ones parsing over 100k) and are usually above the bards as well. Perhaps it is because the chanters I play with all spec for melee.
  10. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

way to go devs..

people ask for T1 dps equality and you make tanks T1.
  11. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    agreed.
    I'm a Wizard since Beta and since DoV i don't feel like T1 DPS anymore.
    Especially on long, single Target Fights i just cannot compete with anyone anymore
    (which i could before DoV, if i didn't slack around).
    So whats the Point in having classes which have no Pets which can do the dirty work,
    which have no Mit, which have nearly to no Utility (since i was comparing Icy Gift to the
    Elemental Toxication (sp?) of our Conj, i cry myself to sleep) and which need a lot of
    Support
    to do DPS ?
    Give me a Troub in my Group, an Illu with TC on me and a Conj with the Elemental (whatever
    it is called, i don't know the english Translation) and i may have a chance to do DPS and
    get to the same Place i got before DoV.
    If i use every one-shot Spell (Fusion/Fiery whatever/Manaburn, which take forever to recast)
    and a Timewarp comes up and Sanguine Sacrifice runs and i'm lucky to not get one-shotted
    myself through Melee AEs i may get first/second place on a 3-5 Encounter Trash in Sevalak.
    If nothing is up, the Illu just sleeps and times his TW not right or the last Mob in the Encounter
    stands a little bit too long, i have no chance of beating myself to a place more than 5.
    So, whats the Point ?
    Regards, theriatis.
  12. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

dont worry theriatis, crusaders are here to pick up your slack. eat their dust.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Don't forget how Troubs have abandoned you also. Sorry but Jester's Cap rotation list now doesn't always include the Wizard. If you want to get sick about Jesters, just go to the Troub forums and read. You are now something like 5 or 6 on the list if on it at all. Sorry! Even I'm higher on the Jester's Cap list then you are.
  14. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

I don't really believe balancing the other dps classes around beastlords would take all that much effort. As far as the 4 other scouts (or why not go ahead and add bards in there), they have enough combat arts already, but it's pathetic that most of their abilities account for 0-2% of their dps... simply increase the base damage of most/all of their combat arts. Problem solved. Or have poisons crit again, that would be one very simple change that would boost rogues and predators to Beastlord levels.
    For wizards, a couple spells should do drastically more damage: solar flare, the velium spike thing, incinerate, ice spears, immolation. Also giving furnace of ro and protoflame the wizard's stats would probably solve their problem.
    As for the other mages, following the same concept as above would probably have the same results. All 6 of the mages' quick shot abilities should do more damage. Their quick casting dot's should do more damage, etc...
    These changes would take little effort on the part of the devs. If they were so concerned about 4-6 people in a general raid doing 20%ish more damage, they can simply increase the HP of a few raid bosses; simple as that.
  15. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

Sorry for digging this post out, but i'd like to react about wizard dps. My main used to be a wizard since release. So i guess i'm somewhat experienced at wizarding. That being said, we can still shine in current game / raids. I have crap gear, basically i'm slighly more than half ss geared, my zonewide parses in sev and ud range from 300 to 380k depending on raid setup. I usually have troub + illy in my group, along with a conj. Occasionally i hit 600/800k on trash groups of 3 or 4 mobs, 500 to 550k on some nameds with waves of adds where i can make some nice fiery blasts ;). Can break the million on those UD drake trashes also... that if the lock crap himself So i'm still having fun, but at same time i really feel i cant do anything VS the sin in the guild. He is consistently over me on zonewide parses. I can win some fights, even on some nameds, but zonewide parses he ends up in the 400/450k when he's not slacking arround. Of course mage group if not the perfect group where everyone casts the buffs at the right time etc. But i really feel that melee are favoured in SS, quite frustrating to feel that whatever you do, you get beaten anyway...
  16. ARCHIVED-Kapath Guest

LE reveur,

I couldn't agree more. ALL the SS content favors melee/ranger dps strongly. My zerker not even in reckless is usually at our mages parses. Throw in the drakes+reckless it's not even fair. I am hoping that, given the new 'stance' to tanks, they'll soon follow suit for the rest of us in the next xpac. Like 'spell double cast' mode but increases power consumption by like 200% or something
  17. ARCHIVED-Davngr Guest

le Rêveur wrote:
    the assassin is a T1 dps class just like you and there's nothing wrong with him doing comperable damage as you. my advice is "do work" and parse harder on every mob, not just names.
    also yes melee/close range damage does need to be slightly higher than range damage because when the melee joust their damage drops to "zero". that has to be compensated some how.

edit.
    also when he gets beat it don't matter the excuses he makes, he got beat.
  18. ARCHIVED-KenCoop Guest

Are we really talking about Skyshrine fights? They are almost all straight burns at this point, so obviously a scout should be parsing higher because there are so few you have to joust on. When you fight the boar in PoW good luck as a scout keeping up with any of the the wizzys/locks/necros etc. The classes are just setup differently for different fights, and yeah I can do 700k in UD on a named that's a straight burn but good luck trying to get anywhere close to that on some of the harder fights in drunder or PoW.
    The devs need to balance damage equality for relevant content, and Skyshrine wasn't relevant a month after release except for that it provided a way to get easy loot that was almost as good (or better in some cases) versus loot that was much more difficult to obtain.
    If scouts and mages parsed the same on a straight burn, mages would be 300k ahead of scouts on a fight you had to joust. As it is now you go back and forth depending on the fight, which is at least more balanced than just making all the casters OP.
  19. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

KenCoop wrote:
    You do realize that Sorcerer's have to joust as well to do max DPS, right? You do realize that many other mage classes joust to do DPS with close range spells and melee attacks? The idea that mages don't joust was true a long time ago, but mages have been needing to joust for years now. Our DPS just doesn't fall as much at range as most scouts.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Griffinhart wrote:
    Also, mage can't stay outside of joust range without staying outside of heal and cure range as well. Most priests need to be close in to give full protection to their tanks and scouts as well as to do dps themselves.