thread about T1 damage equality

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Davngr1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Fitz wrote:
    There's no point. SoE is fully aware of what the class is and its potential, and it was done by design.
    We wont see this significantly addressed until next expansion. Nerfing BL's durring the BL expansion is marketing suicide and I trust SOE not to be that dumb.
    We just all have to take a bite of this 'brown' sandwhich and deal with it till expansion.
  2. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

Rotherian@Unrest_old wrote:
    Do a bit of search and you'll find SJ saying it several times. It's not just me saying it :).
  3. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

DamselInDistress wrote:
    I expanded my search to the internet at large and all I found were a bunch of references to people saying that they thought that it was supposed to be in February, and a FF timeline posted by Kalian which showed the Freeport revamp happening in November and GUs 63 and 64 happening in February and May, respectively in this thread.
    Funny thing is, I was at Fan Faire, and I don't recall those months being listed; I only recall them attaching the planned content for each GU. My memory is far from perfect, so I'll give that one the benefit of a doubt. I'll also do some searching and see if I can't find the slide show they posted on YouTube from last years FF. If I find that one, I'll be sure to post it here so that we can all see what it says, regardless whether it supports my position or not.
    Edit: I watched the EQ2 FF2011 panel videos and the only reference to that content, that I could find, was here at approximately 14:08. Note that he makes no references to specific dates. He just states what content should be expected from each GU. The only video I can't find is the Overview. If someone has a link to that video, please share it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Fitz wrote:
    you might get a lil flamed if you can't stick to the topic of the thread but that does not mean that i'm not making concise arguments against all the ignorant cry babys posting for nerfs.

lets imagine for a second that you're the magic bullet and windstalker? new dev decided that your insight is best for the game and did what you ask.
    so we nerf beastlords and they now parse the same as other T1 classes..
    a month later everyone starts killing the myth dropping mobs or they increase drop rate (this should have all ready happened) and all the now balanced dps classes get a considerable boost from myths, beastlords are now under the rest of dps classes. grats on removing a key dps class from your raid force.
    further more we end up with nothing new for the next year because if they did give us anything new then beastlord would be even further behind.

see that?

see how monumental the fail would be if we did what the cry babys want?
    that's why i formed my original post the way i did, because i'm smarter than the average bear boo boo!

sorry if that was too hurtful for you and you now feel you need run away from this thread!
  5. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Rotherian@Unrest_old wrote:
    EQ2Wire, is, has been, and always will be, a treasure trove of accurate info. hint hint.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

Raknid wrote:
    If you clicked the link you'd see that Feldon was the one that posted the video that I linked. Still looking for a video showing something other than what SJ stated in the video that I linked. To reiterate, I'm looking for either a post on here by a red name or a video that shows SJ stating that the timeline for GU63 was supposed to be February. Heck, I'd even settle for a link to a tweet by SJ, or any EQ2 dev announcing a targeted February release. I'm not looking for other players saying that they thought that an SOE employee said that it was supposed to be February. That is just hearsay.
    I'm not trying to be a fanboy (yay, I can spell "fanboy" correctly), nor am I trying to defend SOE. It is only that I have heard several people state that it was officially announced, but I haven't seen a shred of proof that this was so. I don't remember it being officially stated, so I am relying on those who stated that it was announced. If someone can provide a link to an official announcement about there being a GU63 release in February (not an invitation to search through 8 months of posts on another site), I will concede. Until then, however, we will have to just agree to disagree.
    Back to the OPs subject, it is highly unlikely, although it is just within the realm of the possible, that they will boost 24, 18, 9, or even 6 classes to be on par with BLs. That being the case, a nerf is more likely. Note that I'm not advocating or opposing a nerf, since my two BLs will likely never be my main characters. (In case you are wondering, I have two because one is good and one is evil.) They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they nerfed it before GU65, but they haven't exactly proved themselves averse to counterproductive actions, so anything is possible.
  7. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-16 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=514444&post_id=5730081 Trolling
  8. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-16 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=514444&post_id=5730138 Trolling
  9. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-16 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=514444&post_id=5730269 Trolling
  10. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Just because nobody has posted these in this thread yet. Yeh he used miracles, yeh he had a great group set up, yeh they're stupid burn fights and buffs were stacked to him. But show me the class besides beastlord that can put out those numbers, can any other class hit 700k on kolskeggr yet even?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Crazy numbers. BL are indeed OP atm. We cant just adjust all other classes up, it would ruin balancing against PvE. Most logical choice would be dumping down BL by about 25%.
  12. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Darkor@Nagafen wrote:
    Not if the new batch of content is tuned for it as well. Not like the last tier of PvE content quickly becoming obsolete/steamrolled by pick-up raids at the release of a new tier would be anything new.
    I'm HOPING that instead of just tuning down beastlords or 'tuning up' classes they give other classes beastlord-similar abilities. Possibly even consolidating some of the bloated ability pools we have now. SJ did say if people liked beastlords they were definitely open to applying the same mechanics to other classes. Matter of fact predators got a beastlord type attack before beastlords were released. Of course this is just part of a secondary dream that some how, some way it would allow rangers to become truly ranged instead of a scout that uses a bow at 5 meters rather than melee weapons.
  13. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

You guys still miss the point.
    1. Look at how many fixes ( updates ) SOE has done recently.
    2. Look how many people are left working on SOE.
    3. Read about SOE financial misery.
    You really think they will have the resources to do anything at this point ? What you have now is all you're gonna get until the game closes down. It's time you face reality.
  14. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

What is amusing with those parses is that 80-90% of the damage is done doing nothing. It comes from auto-attack and proc. If you look at what was the active damage (i mean CA and BL special attack) you get at most 20% of the damage.
    If mecanic was making any sense we should see the opposite : 30% max from passive damage and 70% from active one.
    Eq2 is indeed completely ruined.
  15. ARCHIVED-Davngr Guest

that's becausehe gets double the benefit from procs from having a pet along with having enough personal damage to be T1 with out the pet and having mythical weapons and the perfect group/support.

at any rate.. this is a thread about giving other classes new abilities something that happens every year or so not about nerfing beastlords.

no clue how all of you people clearly posting off topic don't get your post deleted for trolling.
  16. ARCHIVED-Davngr Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    here you go.. think some of you must have missed this along with mod's
  17. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Ok then I won't call for nerfs. But somthing is off, totally off. Somthing needs to be done and if not nerfs buffs to other classes. Heck it might even make raid content easier and see increased progression if predators, summoners, sorcerers and rogues were buffed dps wise although it would be a nightmare to balance.
  18. ARCHIVED-Davngr Guest

this thread was aimed at dps classes but there's no reason why every classes should not be getting some type of new abilities to go along with the new content at some point in the near future.
    the talks about "balance" are unfounded, it's not hard to add more hp to mobs or reduce kill times allotted on harder content.
  19. ARCHIVED-Encien Guest

Something people need to notice about these parses is the duration of the fights. Which were 51 secs and 50 secs. Then add in how much spike damage a beast lord is. Also if they were in combat before the named to for the beast lord to have their bar fill for max primals from the get go. Not going to even talk about stacked buffs. Giving those few things, yes you can have parse like that. Personally I want to see an post from a fight that takes a few mintues to kill. That way we can get a true view on how dps stacks. But this is just what I think. P.s. I do have a beast lord and an assassin. Giving the right settings either one can top the parse by 150k.
  20. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

This following fight is an add based fight that spawn at certain time period and then stop spawning once the named hits 45% and then he proceeds to do a large trauma aoe followed by a frontal deathtouch. Lasted a bit longer but due to rw dps no adds. The spike damage will be reduced enough I guess due to 2m39s fight?
    [IMG]
    Also "I'm not going to post the full parses because I'm too lazy to track every person down to ask if they mind, but in sullon's last night the gaps between me and second were 299k on gregor, 150k on hragold, 120k on mrogr, 111k on spider, and 114k on sullon (both myself and second miracle'd on sullon)." ~ Buffratx
    Not calling for a nerf, presenting facts, your decision as to whether what action the information needs.