thread about T1 damage equality

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Davngr1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Yeah, it's always better to make 24 classes broken too (and the game a completly broken one) then to fix a single class.

PS: I found the sollution - a new Skill (cast instand / recast 0.5sec) => kills all mobs in the current zone. That would make every one equal!
  2. ARCHIVED-SeregWethrin Guest

Honestly this thread needs locked, it has turned into is people whining without posting any parses or any constructive feedback.
    All these people complaining about beastlord dps can not produce one single parse on anything other than gunnr or kolskeggar.
    If you want any changed to happen you need to post a parse lasting at least TWO minutes showing the raids dps breakdown, the beastlords dps breakdown, and the second persons dps breakdown, All three screenshots, until you do beastlords are never going to be changed, yes they do insane dps on those burn fights, but those are never fair parses.
    Yes, do beastlords need a little tweaking with their damage, and its mostly in certain circumstances(fights under 1 minute), but it goes both ways, it some circumstances beastlords do absolutely terrible dps, mostly any ranged fights and to a lesser extent jousting/movement heavy fights, a guardian could probably outdps them at ranged.
    A parse with a beastlord will never be fair unless you produce one that last at least 2 minutes, just because of the mechanics of how beastlords work they are always going to be top dps on any boss fight that lasts under 1 min which both of those mentioned mobs with the insane parses usually die in about 1 min or a little less.
  3. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Flames > Beastlord Section > Beastlord Parse Thread.
    You'll see the majority of parses you don't think exist.

Beastlords do Terrible DPS when there is a Terrible player playing them, not because of the class, there are very very few "Ranged" fights. If you can't co-ordinate AOE Avoids and debuffs to allow the 3-4 DPS scouts in a raid to stay in and DPS it's not the classes fault :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Besual wrote:
    how is giving classes the new abilities that are owed to them breaking anything?

new expansion, new abilities. has been that way for EVER.
  5. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

DamselInDistress wrote:
    i'm posting on a VIDEO GAME BOARD not writing an engrish term paper.. k?
  6. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    those parses are from top geared players in best possible groups..

ever since i first touched a lvl 90 beastlord in beta i knew that the class would compete with my wiz and assassin for damage and totally blow away my necro and brig. only bad players that don't understand the game need to see parses to prove anything, so please stop bringing them up. no one is disputing the fact that beastlord abilities/ca's are OP compared to other classes.
    the point of the thread is that, the other classes need something new or at least some tweaks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

to TERMINATOR 2 SOE MOD:

just having some fun man.. :p
  8. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    By compeating with assassin and wiz you mean destroying.
    What does it matter if they are top geared players in the best possiable groups? We are not compairing top end players to some scrub raid guild...we are compairing them to their peers.
  9. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-08 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500098&post_id=5729300 Trolling.
  10. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-04 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500111&post_id=5729387 Removed for trolling
  11. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-04 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500111&post_id=5728809 Removed for trolling
  12. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-04 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500111&post_id=5728830 Removed for trolling
  13. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-04 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500111&post_id=5728911 Removed for trolling
  14. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-04 Guest

Just a quick reminder, please stay on topic, be respectful to one another and watch the profanity even if it's abbreviated or shortened, the intention is clear.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

Someone just post several parses here so the vocally ignorant can search for the exit.
  16. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Gaealiege@Butcherblock wrote:
    funny thing is that i know exactly what beastlords are able to do because i have seen the parses and play a beast lord.
    everyone all ready knows that beastlord ca's/abilities are bit over the top. the problem is taht most ignorant people posting here don't understand that those huge numbers are mostly do to the fact that they have two myth weapons (while other scouts don't have any) and are getting the absolute best group set up and support possible.

so who's ignorant? the people who just look at numbers but don't understand how those numbers came to be, great job.
  17. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

It's not just Beastlords with Mythicals dominating parses. On Nagafen at least freeport side no guild is killing myth mob, and i'm in top progression guild and see beastlords easily dominating parses every raid. We have a Conji who is on top of parses on multi-mob encounters and assassin usually winning on single targets and "complex" named encounters (where conji pet dies) - that's when no Beastlord is in raid... as soon as the BST joins, there's no chance on winning parses other then irrelevant trash parses or if the BST gets the shortbus grp cause joined late.
    I can't really be bothered to screenshot and post parses because frankly it's just one person that keeps trying to deny the fact that BST is just outright overpowered, not as much by the gear but the whole mechanic of how Primals etc work.
    I've been hoping to see any official word on whether or not there's any plans for Beastlords, like a timeframe on when to expect a serious re-evaluation of the class. Or just a statement that this is exactly what the idea behind beastlords was, so i can stop raiding with a class that has no future.
  18. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Proud_Silence wrote:
    not quite sure if people even read before they post banter because i'm 100% sure i said taht beastlord ca's abilities are indeed overpowerd and that's why other classes need some new stuff.

the other people here are crying about mythical beastlords that perfect groups that truly can't be touched by other dps classes. when the beastlord has no myth and a "short bus" as you said even their overpowerd abilities aren't enough to let them dominate and that's why the new stuff for other classes would fix the current issues along with two mythicals for everyone.
    thanks for proving my point.

now please stop de-railing my thread and post some ways to spruce up non-BL AA.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

DamselInDistress wrote:
    Y'know, I keep hearing this. Does anyone have a link or a screenshot showing them promise a February release? March 4th was 5 days ago, and that would have been the 90-day mark (counting AoD release date). That date is the earliest we could reasonably expect a GU. To be delayed by two months, it would have to be delayed until May 3rd.
    But if you have a screenshot or a link showing that a "red name" stated that the upcoming GU would be in February, by all means, show it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Fitz Guest

I'm not sure why I'm posting again in the logic void that is Davangr's troll thread, but one last time: A BL outshines every and all other dps classes in the same setup. He can parse well with in a mage group or a scout group; give him a scout group or MT group and no one can compete. No one. This is even true for many BLs in lower content with only their Epics, not their Mythicals (to preempt that vapid retort). It is 100% clear upon using quite elementary reason that the BL is blatantly unbalanced. There is no way around it. Bringing all classes up to where the BL currently reigns would be game breaking, as adding that much dps to raids would make raiding coupled with the crit mit removal. I urge all people who have legitimate feedback on this issue to avoid this thread, as you will only draw hostility from the ”owner” of this thread. Use /feedback or different threads...you'll just get raged at here.