No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I see this on most of my accounts, but obviously I see it most on my main account. I get this message all the time; I get it most often when doing my quick character-to-character runs (collecting Overseer quests, checking pony harvests, etc.), but I occasionally even get it while zoning. It can happen when I've been playing a character for hours, or when I've been on that character less than a minute. The only time I think I never get it is when I'm going straight to a character from the character select screen.

I see it on some of my other accounts occasionally, but as I don't play those accounts as often, I don't see the error on them as often.

I do hope that a solution has actually been found for it. That the bug has been confirmed is very hopeful.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Any word on this yet? I know you said it would take a bit but just checking in, so you don't forget about us.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, it hasn't been a FULL YEAR yet... ;->

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(getting caught up on all my Likes for this post!)

The "merge" or the "consolidation"? From what I hear, the two methods were different, but I don't know the whys and wherefores of any differences, not being a programmer or a dev here specifically. :-/

I don't remember getting it a lot on Thurg back before the European servers were all consolidated into one (and that was a palaver...), but I do remember having to log out and back in again to go from a Splitpaw toon to a Storms one, for example, since they were on different regions at the time. It was a drag losing our "make 7 free toons per region! :D" privileges, but way easier to be able to just /camp to a Storms toon (or vice versa). That might've been when my troubles started on that "one region" server, but I can't recall; it was a while back... :-/

I don't have my data on when Uwk started as to how many days ago, total, but 2006 was involved. ;-> I do have Silver and Bronze accounts, but they're all much more recent, are all F2P (natch), and I hardly ever play the poor things, so I wouldn't be a good judge of how the accounts' newness might affect the issue. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ah you are right, I'm sorry :)
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Mine started when they merged the 3 servers into Maj'Dul. I started on Faydark, it was fine then we merged to Befallen, still fine, then we merged to Oasis, still fine. Then we merged again and BOOM problems! I may be remembering the merges backwards, it's been so long but you get the jest.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...good point. I hadn't really noticed it until recently-ish, but I don't doubt you on the timing. Apparently, that last Great Consolidation was supposed to be smoother and less flawed than the average bear -- er, the average merge, but apparently it wasn't without its glitches. :-/

It'd be a lot more reasonable if the glitches showed up on a semi-regular basis ("Dang it! Here it is, the every other Wednesday at 6 pm!"), or were always repeatable when the techs are out bug-hunting... :-/

I do think they need to look at the issue on non-work computers. /nod

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Apparently I missed lots of fun and excitement, oh, I don't ply on European servers. Never mind.

( An Emily Latilla moment. )
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(LOL!)

I do play on Thurg, from time to time depending on my deco needs, but I run into this bloody blasted bug irritation on US servers as well. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I know you guys are busy and all with the expansion, but I just wanted to check in on this. I had it happen to me 4 times yesterday.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Komatus Well-Known Member

I have that happen to me randomly about once a week or if I am lucky, once in 2 weeks.o_O
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Happens to me every single day! At least once, sometimes as much as 6 times.
  13. Test Taffies Active Member

This is still an issue with me... It works quite well for my daughter or my spouse on the same machine just not me.

so... my only assumption is that I have too many alts on two servers and it ties some sort of resources up within the game just for me and then it will not work. Its not worked - since I put in the bug/feedback on it months ago. I've gone so far as to purchase a new hard drive, complete clean install, default ui and still its an issue. I give up... and went back to my favored ui (darqui) and suck it up and believe that it will never be fixed because of it... and well game time is not quite as happy as it once was.

It just a bothersome thing.

like many other simple easy pleasures - it has been taken away. *shrug*
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agreed! There are days now I don't even log in because I have limited time and don't feel like having to log in 6 times instead of just camping to whomever and hope it works.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got 114 characters on 6 servers on my Gold account, and I've rarely had a problem, except when (I'm guessing) I overload the "subway car" of running my alts through Santa Glug gift receiving, and then mostly on Thurgadin in the past. Still on an old Win7 machine, with white bread default UI (well, it's blue-ish, not that dripping blood red default). So, it may be a combination of many factors. :-/

Uwk
    who still wishes we knew whether or not the devs actually played the game when they get back home, on their own machines...
  16. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I didn't have a problem with /camp <chrname> until about a week to two weeks ago, but only on my 3rd account. The other 2 are fine. Going from MD to AB and back, on that account, instead of going to the chr I specified, it dumps me on the chr select screen. Although I haven't tried it in the last few days since the most recent patch.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just had it happen to me this morning; you can tell when you go to /camp to another toon, and rather than the camping toon settling in for 20 seconds, the screen goes black RIGHT AWAY and to the splash page with the dreaded, "This account is in use." notice. When you go to do something about it, it brings up the ancient-of-days "login" screen/box, with a few lines already filled in, etc. I've tried that. IT DOES NOT WORK. As far as I know, it never has. >:-/

Uwk
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

I works perfectly well and some of us use that login screen regularly for various reasons. However it will NOT get you past the 'account in use' error anymore than repeated clicking of 'play' on the character select screen would. You just have to wait it out.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, not for me. Every time in the past I've dutifully filled in the various blanks and hit the Return or Okay or whatever button one would trust to get to the next step, it'd always ponder it for a bit, then return with, "This account is in use." and would stay at that stage, no matter how many minutes I'd stare at it.

So, maybe it works for some; congrats, it doesn't for me.

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  20. Daryx Well-Known Member

I've just had it happen at least six times in a row on Maj'Dul between two accounts. (Probably a lot more than six, my internet was down the past few days so have been cycling through a bunch of characters to catch up on things.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.