No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tkia Well-Known Member

It seems to be having a bad patch lately as I've also seen the error again in the last few days.
    Rose, Soara2, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Holy cats, okay, yeah, that does sound like they do need to jump on this quickly. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: six hours the other day, and...? :-/
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, seeing the same problems again. As the Brits would say, it's long past due to get this "sorted out."
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I can't believe (well yes I guess I can) that it is taking this long especially since Rathalor (sp) said they think they know what is causing it, and that was MONTHS ago.
    Rose, Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Honestly one of the (many) reasons I stopped playing is the mandatory 30 sec camping timer EVERY TIME.

Have a bunch of characters you want to swap between? Its gonna be a pain switching through them.

On top of this, with the sometimes broken "/camp <charName>" its just a bad experience managing multiple characters.

Please just remove this timer if you are in a city or GH, or don't won't affect me anymore :rolleyes:
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Please do not close this bug report, it has not been resolved yet, and it is still happening.
    Rose, Ra'Gruzgob, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thankfully, they've reduced that (officially) down to only 20 seconds, but getting from the "the toon you're leaving blacks out" screen to the "and the next one is reforming as we speak and coming in" can add way more than 10 seconds to the total, especially if you've made the mistake of having the next toon logged out previously in a house or Guild Hall (but that's another /bug). X-P

Uwk
    Rose, Geroblue, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But at least it's Confirmed! :D

Seriously, devs, you really, really need to play this game at home as well, on computers that ordinary mortals have access to, in order to see what it is we're dealing with, I think. I'd known an SOE staffer that helped solve things purely on the strength of being in a gaming group with me (and his wife, and others) in EQ2 even on his weekends. You players all have me to thank for not drowning any more trying to get to The Caves using the back way if you have slow computers, among other things. ;->

Uwk
    Rose, Geroblue, Ra'Gruzgob and 2 others like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

It took Argos over a year when his bug report got confirmed o_O So I'm sort of scared. This has just been happening for so long, I got excited when they confirmed it and thought it would just be a month or so.
    Rose, Geroblue, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, sort of comparable to "confirming" Grasping Bones wasn't in the recipe books and a year later, with a new launch, it still wasn't. Shame on people for letting that slide that long. And you wonder why other stuff doesn't get fixed? The only way something gets cleaned up is when it interferes with the cash flow. Unless it's lag because of aging servers dying. What? Invest money in the infrastructure--what a novel idea, haha. I'll keep driving this 15 year old car with 800K miles on it. Yeah, it's slow, but if I can put in a new bulb in the turn signal light, maybe it will run faster.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Right!!!! And the engine light will get brighter, when there's a real problem.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A $1000 engine will always protect a $0.10 bulb by blowing out faster. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Rose, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  13. Contessia Active Member

Hi, for awhile but out of the blue. can not do /camp (name) I have deleted files ,, reinstalled,, ui in,, ui out,, validated ,,, uninstalled whole game,, reinstalled,, still cant , looks like its gonna do it and then , nope to char select i do
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Contessia, is it giving you the "This account is in use." message when you try to /camp (name)? If that's the case, you may just need to wait a few more seconds and try it again, without having to reinstall the game. It's not working all the time for us, either, and I do NOT want to have to reinstall. :(

Is it booting you to Character Select when you try to /camp (name)? Does it happen every time, or just frequently?

If both are happening, I think it means there's definitely a problem with the /camp (name) ability. :(

Uwk
    Soara2, Rose and Breanna like this.
  15. Contessia Active Member

it booting me to Character Select when I try to /camp (name) it happen every time
    Soara2, Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I used to log in every morning before work and zip through everyone to collect harvest and check spells, horses and mercs. Now I've stopped doing that because it's just to time consuming having to log in repeatedly. Now I just pick 1 to play and stay on that character for the day. It's a really bad work around for this problem though. I really want to go back to checking and collecting harvest every day.
    Soara2, Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could it have anything to do with any toons still "in" the Frostfell Village? It's kind of sluggish doing a /camp [toon] for me if that's the case (and let's not even go into if they're in a house or Guild Hall >:-/), and heaven help me if I Alt+Tab away to do something else while I'm waiting (for Everquest 2 is a jealous program, and will have no other programs before it). For me, that's a sure-fire way of making sure I don't complete my /camp [toon], but wind up in Character Select. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Rose and Breanna like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nope not in frostfell. This has been going on WAYYYYY before that. It doesn't send me to character select. I just get "This Account is in use" and have to log in all over again.
    Soara2, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rose like this.
  19. Rose Well-Known Member

Randomly, but not often, I get the “account in use” error, and it boots me to log in box, WHICH I NEVER DO because in the back of my mind I have a SNEAKY SUSPICION that it will trigger or break something, especially since I never log in this way.

It happens mostly when I /camp from one character to a different one on the same account, but sometimes also happens when I am at the character choice screen and click a character to play.

I assume that it is because my character is somehow still stuck in the game, and so I just close the game, log back in and then I can get back into the game. It’s annoying when it happens, but at least I can get back into the game, so I just let it go. I also have never had to reinstall game to fix it.
  20. Rose Well-Known Member

I have had that happen occasionally, also.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.