No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breanna Well-Known Member

@Uwk I could never get it to work either on the standard ui. But the Darqui works really well for logging back in. It is just a pain in the butt to have to do it.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hear that...one more reason to maybe want to look into it as a UI. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

It's pretty good. I've been using it for a while. It has a lot more potential then what I use LOL
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll have to admit, the "old school" login screen/box/thing worked tonight, but only when I'd had a "Found an invalid login, shame on you" or whatever the hell it was. It doesn't work if I get the infamous "This account is in use. Get out, you horrible Korean botter, you; we don't care how messed up the Broker economy is, no plat farming!" sort of thing. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Uwk, I don't use DarqUI (or anything else besides EQ2 Maps), and I've never had a problem. When you said you have to fill out all the fields, I was a bit puzzled. All the fields except the password field should already be filled in; you shouldn't want to change ANYTHING in them. If you do, it's more likely to fail the login.

I won't ask you questions about your password publicly, but will just say that having certain extended characters in it may cause bizarre glitches. Some databases can't handle certain extended characters (example: # , /, *, ?), but can handle others just fine. I used to have a problem on another site; I would set my password the way I wanted on their site, but then I was unable to login on their launcher. The database on their website could handle the characters I was using, but the database for their launcher could not. I eventually figured out what the problem was, and changed those extended characters, and it was fine. Not saying that's the case here, but it might be.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't use anything but the default in-game UI either (well, did change it back to the original lovely blue background after the awful blood-red that They'd changed it to, for whatever peculiar reason), and it refuses to work properly for getting back in from a "This account is in use." glitch. It's a simple box screen, with things like:

Login
    at the top center in white (on blue! :D), then:
    Username [and a blank box line to fill in; often, my username is already filled in]
    Password [ditto, though blank]

Character [ditto; the character I was /camping from usually has his/her name there]
    World [ditto, with the server name I'm on]

then a Login button and Exit button at the bottom.

(Yes, I do have a screenshot of it, but I'm lazy and tired. ;->)

It could be a special, weird character; if memory serves, I've had strange characters before for my password in EQ2 and it's never worked from that screen, for that particular glitch. Other glitches, the old-school entry wasn't a problem. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay! Wow! First time since I started in 2006, the "This account is in use." notice actually responded to my filling in the old school window sign-in thing! :D

I don't know if someone's actually fixed it (a thousand blessings on their heads!), or if it was a matter of timing on my part (I had Alt+Tabbed over to another program [my spreadsheet for keeping track of everyone at Santa Glug] with 5 seconds left to go before I'd successfully /camped to my next alt), but it worked! :D

And I didn't lose significant amounts of time with it! :)

Uwk
    Geroblue, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's simply a question of time. You get the error in the first place because the system is being slow in noticing that you're not in the game anymore. It doesn't matter whether you're entering details in the old login boxes or frantically clicking the 'play' button on the character select screen, you're not going anywhere until the system gets updated and told that you're out.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I wish they would fix the problem with This Account is in Use. It's a pain in the rear. But don't feel bad Uwk I was never able to log in from the default ui either. It wasn't until I got Darq that it ever worked.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was just so shocked that something worked...it's like how embarrassingly long it took me to realize that the usual NPCs that were "falling through platforms inaccessibly" weren't doing so any more (at least, as often as they were) and that the "platforms" were finally more solid now... :oops:

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

The 'account in use' error has been particularly virulent for me for about 5 days now. Previous to this week I hadn't seen it at all in many, many months. Let's hope the server reset will clear it.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is there a server reset going on today? Nothing in the Notes or Announcements about it. And they don't always do it on Tuesdays, so it would be nice not to have to bring our Dev Mind-Reading Caps to the game all the time. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Zartil Active Member

This has happened for over a year now. When doing a /camp NAME it sometimes pops up. When I click the message it opens a login window that lets me enter my password. About 50% of the time I log back into the game just by entering my password. The rest of the time I have to enter my password 2 or more times as I keep getting invalid log in which I click and enter the same password and USUALLY get in (I am copy pasting my password so it is the correct password). It happens at least 1 time a day on one or both my accounts. I am using the default UI with eq2maps. I have macros for changing characters so it is NOT a typo because most of the time it works just fine. Another issue that happens is it looks for the character I am trying to log to and after a bit of time I end up at character select screen. This has only been occurring for a few months.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's almost always hit me on Thurgadin and its separate region servers before The Great Consolidation; it's nice to know it can be sort of solved, especially when zipping between toons to get to Santa Glug for Frostfell (with a Horde, every second can count). But then, it's always seemed to me that this US-based kitty would experience more lag, etc. while in the EU. I wonder if folks there have similar issues with US servers? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

And the server reset does indeed seem to have fixed it for now as I haven't seen it at all this evening.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Zartil Active Member

I just had it happen a bit ago. So server reset did nothing for this. Was there a reset? we got no messages of down time etc...
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh; there's a whole other thread on that...you're not the only one to notice, nor (I presume) get annoyed about it. :-/

Uwk
    also annoyed ;->
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Is there an update on this yet? It is still happening to me.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Apparently, the "fix" for it is to wait a few seconds (not minutes, or hours, or days, or however long the message suggests) and try again. :-/

I'd give it another 10-15 or so. No big rush now that Santa Glug isn't around to be bothered any more ('til December, anyway)... :D

Uwk
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

I am just getting so frustrated, I don't have a lot of time to play anymore, except weekends, and this happened 5 times on Saturday and 3 times on Sunday. It's been confirmed Rathalor (sp) said they think they know what the problem is so...........
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.