No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I didn't get this for a while (maybe two weeks?), but now it's happening again at least once per day. Usually only once, but it seems to vary as well depending on how often I log out completely and restart the game.

Whatever it is, as so many have already said - they KNOW what it is, and SHOULD know what's causing it, and therefor HOW TO FRIGGIN' FIX IT ALREADY!!!

But, too few who don't matter are the ones it effects, so . . nope. /sigh
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

WOW no fix planned really??? Are you for real? Ok then.........
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot. Thank you for at least telling us instead of leaving us in the dark. At least we got an answer even though it was not a good one.
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Just reinforces how the devs & company feel about the game and their customers, don't ya think?
    And here I was just this morning considering getting the expac (f2p, so only have access up through AoM[?] right now) and maaaybe even subbing again after many years.
    Driving such a huge nail into the coffin lid has kind of soured that idea...
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Right!!!! I could truly understand if they said hey this is broke we know it, we are short handed but we will get to it. But to come right out and say they are not going to fix something they know is broken, just blows my mind.
    Juraiya and Geroblue like this.
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Now it's worse - yesterday, TWICE while camping from one character to another, I didn't get this message, I was given a lost connection to server instead and had to close the game altogether. Never got the account in use at all.
    I think they let the last hamster die of starvation...
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

This isnt a huge deal though, just click button and log in again

Sure its annoying but if the fix is too costly and the workaround (log in) isnt too arduous, we will just have to live with it
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Sure, it's mostly just annoying, but it's a telling & sad indicator - they DO NOT care, even less than they used to in fact.
    And when this "No Fix Intended" tag starts to creep into more & more bugs over time? I for one am fairly confident that it will... is it still going to just be annoying then?
    Soara2, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

Maybe they're hoping the server upgrades will fix it, because they can't find a fix otherwise.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

how do you know they dont care? dont caring and not being able to do it in a reasonable manner at a cost they can justify is not the same
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

Honestly, as someone who has coded login nonsense - though not to the constant degree of us that EQ2 has - it is most likely an issue with the server not realizing you've logged off before trying to log the new character in.

Adjusting that timer on the server side could cause issues with multiple characters 'online', data not saving properly for the toon you swap off of, issues with account security, etc.

It's not a super simple fix without lowering the DB size of characters or forcing the client to pause after the log out completes before logging the next character in, but since it doesn't ALWAYS effect swapping toons, it isn't a solid answer to add a <sleep X time> before attempting to log the other toon in, because that will slow down folks who DONT get the issue, and folks who only get it sometimes (I dont think ANYONE gets it every attempt) will see slower swaps as well.

It'd be one thing if it didn't just pop up the account login option to enter your password and still switch (Which causes that delay anyway, but at least you see what is happening) but there is already a hard-coded method that resolves the problem, so freaking out over it is kind of silly.

Yes, it makes swapping toons marginally slower. Yes, if you don't know your password by heart you may have to go to desktop to switch characters since your account info is autosaved. Yes, it is annoying.

But if you're in here screaming about quitting/etc because switching characters is *marginally* slower than it COULD be, maybe you need to look a little harder at what you're upset by.
    Soara2, Tkia and Bludd like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Taled I don't see anywhere in this post where anyone is threatening to quit over this. And yes it is very annoying it has cut down on my game play a lot. I used to be able to log in every morning and run through my alts to collect everything. I don't have the extra 10 minutes or longer it takes having to re-log people in when it happens 5-6 times. And honestly at night when I could log in and do it I just don't have the patience.

I for one will not quit, I still love this game, it just saddens me to see answers like this, and I think Morukta is right this will start happening a lot more frequently. Look at all the other bugs that have been out there for months upon months that aren't getting any attention. It is just sad.
    Soara2, Test Taffies, Carynn and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.