The new vampire lore is a joke

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Homeskillet, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Yeah nice wasn't it?
  2. ARCHIVED-MixxitNDance_Live Guest

Cool EQ2X can reply here now?!
    I just wanted to say, overall I was disappointed with the lore, I was hoping it would be Tserrina related and maybe a new player city would be in TOFS, but I guess that's out the question now!
  3. ARCHIVED-NariArinniana Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    I love the way you think. Seriously. I've been wanting something done with New Tunaria for so long. It's such a nice zone but I feel like there could be much more to it for players. Making it a player city for the Freebloods would be absolutely amazing. Kind of thinking it would be a goldmine for Lore with Thex and Mayong and the introduction of the new race. So much room for more player content too. Oh what could have been, eh?
    Anywho. I really love this take on the Freeblood lore. As posted elsewhere I'd much rather use this as a backstory to a character than the half-arsed lore that was posted officialy. I totally agree that even if it's just a promo, there should definitely be pride in the game to take what good lore is already existing and use it well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Frankly I would love that this or at least something more plausible and substantial were the backstory for this new race. Unfortunately based on PMs with Gninja nothing of the questline between all three Mistmore zones was canon in game it seems, he didn't provide an example of what was so oh well or something.
  5. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    How can actual in-game events and questlines not be official cannon when we were actually apart of it?? That is the part I simply can not understand.
    The suggestion above about having the Vampires starting city be Felwithe is brilliant. The way this is being implemented just seems extremley sloppy. Im usually very fanboish when coming to EQ2 but just adding a whole race with no starting area of their own and a pretty flimsy 3 year old holiday event as their lore just doesnt fly for me.
    The race being buyable on the Marketplace doesnt bother me as much as WHEN it is being offered. You guys play it up as its some big reward for paying subs then just make it buyable almost a month and a half earlier than the "rewarded" people get theirs. If released on the same day I would have no issue.
    The Vampire race had a huge potential if done with a starting city, player housing, etc, to bring in more people for the new expansion. Instead its a cash shop gimick which will turn many people off instead. Oh well, seems to be the way now.
    I am holding off complete judgement until I see the final package but the screenshots were very disapointing and the lore didn't seem to really make a lot of sense either.
  6. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    Because there was some other stuff that we never saw happen that we only found out about today and we don't know what it is but it is basically a "NO DUDE."
  7. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Step 1: Get all the socks
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Profit!
    No offense Gninja, but that sounds like the equivalent of watching your favorite TV show every day and they suddenly skip an episode. "Wait, when did that.... and why is... and how did... what the...??"
  8. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Gninja wrote:
    That makes no sense. Before you can enter that portion of the dungeon, you must become a vampire. No mortals can enter there. How, then, could Marcus Thex enter and remain mortal? It seems to me that there's a massive gap in your logic/lore. Solufein's story is infinitely better than the official one.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Illiam@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The vampires made that barrier to keep anyone from disturbing the ritual. The barrier was placed there after Marcus was brought in.
    I really am not trying to confuse folks. This was a situation where players were given a choice on the outcome if the story went off of everything that happened or could have happened in that particular case Marcus would be a vampire AND not a vampire... only one of them can be canon. I agree these things should be spelled out a little better and its something I am personally trying to do a better job with when I make content.
    Sorry for the confusion.
  10. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Seriously, where was an alternate outcome EVER presented in game?
  11. ARCHIVED-betatester7 Guest

Did you see the new update via facebook or twitter? new lore coming next weeks and a few screenshots in the eq2 website (news) they say is more revealing lore (they are going to fix because they were rushed).
  12. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

I should continue be snarky and write corresponding followups to my own idea.
  13. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

They also said, this is just a sampler of the Lore, the rest you discover ingame
    But yeah, if this doesn't involve Velious and Tserrina in some way will be very disappointed
  14. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Smells to me like something they whipped in a couple of drunken minutes whilst thinking of ways to attract Twilight fans to EQX.
    I imagine more time has been spent on Marketplace accessories to dress the vamps up than on the said lore.
    Pitiful imo.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Gninja wrote:
    How were we given a choice in the matter? You can't complete the zone without turning into one in order to disrupt the ritual. There is no time limit that the players have to meet in order to prevent him from being turned. It's all part of the straight-forward advancement of the zone. It's not like we're given a choice in letting him be turned or not.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Heh probably in the same place the Zarrakon lore when to.... Bah-zing!
    But seriously, the information given is pretty vague. While i'm not condoning either scenario of Marcus more information could be very usefull. Perhaps have Ralem Cristof give some more information later on or a book from the zone explaining what happens later.
  17. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Is anyone somewhat troubled that they alude to the fact Lucan and Antonia know about vampirism rampent in their cities and seem to be OK with it??? Even during the newbie quests in DL woods, you learn that Queen Cristanos wants vampires destroyed and during the rebuilding of the Ewer vampirism was .....unintended.
    Most view vampirism as a disease that destroys kindoms. Ydal anyone??? Silent City??? I hope they can explain a motive that makes SOME sense at all regarding Freeport and Qeynos. Not feeling it atm though......=(. The updated pictures look pretty good on a side note. Lorewise......sigh.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I agree with Cusa there's no other option to end the zone in Evernight without turning him into a vampire/finishing the ritual. So I don't see how there was a 'choice' wether or not he was turned. but lets say for example that Marcus going vamp isn't canon....
    is Lenya still turned? did we still return the crown to new tunaria?

but yeah the lore you guys gave us....not so impressive. linking it to nights of the dead, rather then using the potential of Tserrina or marcus or lenya...or mayong...or malkonis...or hell even T'haen...the ewer maybe.
    you got a myraid of powerful forces that could have created or worked with the creation of the Freeblood...adn you picked nights of the dead. bleh.
    hopefully the new lore we learn will somehow tie this into SOMETHING relating to velious I'll be annoyed.
  19. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Rezikai wrote:
    NNNNNOOOOPE. Even Ralem acknowledges at the end that it is a tragedy that Marcus was turned into a vampire, and then from then on thanks you for doing these favors to the Freethinkers after you finish the trio of quests. So yep, no Marcus, no Lenya, no plot that was started back in EoF.
  20. ARCHIVED-Miss_Jackie Guest

How about the developers just admitting that they screwed up (lore-wise with vampires) and admitting that the whole thing with vampires is just a gimmick to make money?