The new vampire lore is a joke

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Homeskillet, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Any lore idea why the Freebloods' little house is based on Mistmoore's architecture?
    Did they leave Somborn because the housing was too emo?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Probably just lumped Vampires and Gothic Archetecture together. I doubt the appearance has anything to do with the lore. It's just easier to reuse existing graphics than design something new.
  3. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

And people have been asking for a Mistmoore Castle-themed house for a while now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

kelvmor wrote:
    I was always more interested in a less run-down looking of the Estate of Unrest myself.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well, the race is now live. I've already seen one tonight, albiet only for a second before she zoned out of Qeynos Harbor.

.... They're short! I'm talking bottom of the Wood Elf scale short.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tatsou Guest

She probably made hers short. the ones ive been seeing have been almost taller then my wood elf ranger and I made him somewhat tall (also run original non soga models ).
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

actually they are cousins not becuase the Ewer is involved, but becuase the bloodline(s) that fathered them are D'morte/D'ryil. they don't have the Ewer...so they were learnign from mayongs notes hwo to do it the old fashioned way. and apparently repeated Mayong's mistake with Tserrina...whatever thier blood mix they used it produced free willed vampires rather then subservient ones.
    though i guess you can say it does connect them to the Ewer...but the Ewer wasn't a primary method of creation like it was with the D'morte/D'ryil
  8. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    D'morte used the Ewer and accidentally gave himself vampirism and created his own bloodline.
    How did D'ryil become a vampire and start his own subservient bloodline?
    Did he use the Ewer somewhere i havent read about?
    And if innoruk used his blood on mayong to give mayong a form of vamparism that makes him immune to most dangers to vampires. Is mayong now subservient to innoruk?
  9. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Gungo wrote:
    The D'Ryil vamp creation isnt totally known either. We know the dark bargainers pulled the pieces of the Ewer back to Neriak and started the process of putting it back together. Somehow they unlocked the curse of vampirsm (Vamprism? Vampirism?.. bah spelling) when rebuilding it.
    Assumptions are the D'Ryil were the house working on the Ewer when they unleashed it on themselves. But its not in-game anywhere as far as i can tell.
  10. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Part 3 of the letters has been posted.
    Everyone that bet that one human that reacted so well would get loose, pat yourself on the back! (No extra points for seeing the 'daywalker' thing coming. Even SOE wouldn't be dumb enough to add a player race that took damage during the daylight hours!)
    And the name of the test subject? Why, Sarkon. Looks like the NotD events are relevant, after all...
  11. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

So....NoTD Vamp house was where he was hiding out/learning to survive after escaping. and the Ewer zapped the Dyril at some point during it's reconstruction in Neriak...cristanos let them stay for whatever reason.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5476515 Let's remember to be constructive and respectful of everyone please.... Happy Holidays!
  13. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

This is actually a common occurance. Take Mayong for instance... How many times has he been killed by players yet he is still "alive" in game. So the fact that players killed Marcus at the end of the zone does not mean he is dead in the game/lore. The fact you can choose to do a quest where he turns vampire does not mean that is the direction the story went when it comes to the evolving story of the game. I assure you everything that has been posted here by me has been discussed at length with Cronyn and any other Devs that have had their hand in this story.That doesn't cheapen the story being told in those zones imho. Personally I love those story lines and I think the folks that worked on those zones did a great job.
    I was just trying to clear the confusion a bit
  14. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Actually, if I'm remembering right, we don't actually kill Marcus...which is good, since we have to talk to him for certain quests after defeating him...

But yeah, the whole thing can throw ya off...
  15. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

You can say whatever you want, Gninja, but there's no way to prove it. The game tells us that Thex is a vampire. For all we know you just made up your story after this thread started. If the game tells us something happens, we believe it to be true... There's no other source of info for us. And why are you so against it being true? I just don't get it, how you can involve major characters in the game in such a serious quest line and then say, oh but it didn't really happen. Killing a raid boss is one thing, but designing 4 or more quests around a false story in game is something completely different. You can't compare the two as being the same.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

well answer us just a few questions since you threw the proverbial monkey wrench itno what we know on the questline. if Marcus wasn't turned, what about Leyna? and did we actually return the Thex crown to New Tunaria?
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

^ Yes, The crown does get returned. You tell the high chancellor or whatever his position happens to be that both Thex siblings have been turned, and he acknowledges with much sadness that the royal line is now truely broken. He says that the New Tunarians will find a way to carry on.
  18. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Well my post got moved (deleted) because it was a fair bit of calling out, but frankly your point is what I was trying to make. The Mayong example is one yes, also Venekor...there is nothing telling you ever that you kill him for reals in Halls of Seeing, but a dev comes and says later "Yep that was it."
    Here we have a case where a quest guides you right into it, and through it, and carries on afterwards based on that event occuring the way it did, and a dev comes and says none of that happened. Yes Gninja, you are not just saying that Marcus is not a vampire, you are saying that the entire questline for the three Mistmoore zones did not happen.
    So Lenya is not a vampire, even though she was courting Mayong in EoF anyway nor was she being held by him, you "defeat" Marcus Thex and never see him again, and the Thex royal line is apparently hunky dory. I guess you never saw Marshal Ralem Christof either since his entire purpose for being in Somborn was initially to find Marcus, so he is just chilling in the Peacock Club for the past five expansions since DoF.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Rezikai wrote:
    We have official word from a couple years ago that the D'Ryil were founded by a D'Morte that was weaker and did not make the journey with the D'Mortes. Fearing for his own life, he made a deal with Cristianos to live in Neriak in exchange for having his brood available for research and he gave her all the secrets that he had learned of Mayong's research. They also had a cap of 20 members allowed in Neriak. So, D'Ryil is actually D'Morte with a different name.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

This is the founder of D'Ryil.
    [IMG]
    And here is the official reference that I mentioned:
    http://eq2.stratics.com/content/int...ers/sigmund.php
    And the excerpt:
    Stratics: What was the story behind deciding to populate part of Neriak with vampires?
    Liz: I'll drop some lore on you guys:
    In Darklight Wood were the remnants of the D'Morte clan, mostly the vampires deemed too weak to journey with the rest of the clan. One of those left behind was a vampire named Lazarus D'Ryil. He was not physically powerful, but was skilled in the arts of intrigue, seduction and flattery. The power he craved was social and political.
    Once the D'Morte clan was gone, Lazarus decided his best bet at survival would be to find someone stronger to protect him. So, he made contact with the agents of The Dead and agreed to share all he knew of the D'Morte vampires, vampirism in general and Mayong Mistmoore in exchange for a home in Neriak and the rights to sire his own clan.
    The Dead and our lady Queen Cristanos have always been looking for new ways to gain power and immortality. They see some of what they are looking for in vampirism. The Queen agreed to Lazarus' proposal, with the one stipulation that his progeny could never number more than twenty and they were subject to the rule of The Dead, meaning that they could be taken for "research" at any time.
    Lazarus agreed and he now lives happily ever after in Neriak with his clan.